IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Court papers ref BW legal/Excel

Comments

• Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    ^^^^ in PDF format
  • Hi again, yes I phoned the court direct and sent the defence statement to the ccbaq address.
    So what use is the low budget system they have with a tel number no longer valid and a none working web page which screws up the formatting??
    Anyway on with the witness statement.
    Cheers Chaps
  • Hi all again, well as has been said before, by others here, BW Legal have not come back with a reply to my section 18 request, so I can write to the court asking for the court to direct them to answer, is that correct? can I ask for the claim to be dismissed on this reason?.
    No info on a court date or location yet, (I do hope it is Skipton:)).
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Hi all again, well as has been said before, by others here, BW Legal have not come back with a reply to my section 18 request, so I can write to the court asking for the court to direct them to answer, is that correct?
    You can but why would you? It would be better to put in your WS that you reasonabley requested more detailed information to help you prepare your case as per the overriding objective... And they have ignored this request thus making it difficult for you to prepare your case based on the sparse and incoherent PoC. This shows they lack credibility and have acted unreasonably by failing to engage.
    can i ask for the claim to be dismissed on this reason?.
    You can ask for the claim to be dismissed for any reason you want. It won't be dismissed for this, they'll just say part 18 is n/a to small claims.
    No info on a court date or location yet, (I do hope it is Skipton:)).
    If you requested Skipton and had a valid reason for doing so then it will be.
  • Hi Lamilad, I can come up with a valid reason, but will keep it cool for now.
    I think I will inform the court of no reply to my section 18, which should emphasise that BW are not being fully open and informative, hindering my defence etc.
    Cheers
    How is your latest joust going?
  • Just to update this, i have just received a letter from BW Legal saying that they are continuing with the claim, I assume that this is in reply to my filed defence statement.
    What is the likely time frame now for witness statement and court date allocation??
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I assume that this is in reply to my filed defence statement.

Yes
    What is the likely time frame now for witness statement and court date allocation??

Cases have to be heard within 30 weeks so you're looking at 20 weeks until the Notice of Allocation. Plenty of time to gather any information you may need for your Witness Statement.
  • Ok, update is the date is set and venue also, just got an e-mail of the claimants witness statement-I wonder how they got that??, witness is a paralegal for BW Legal.
    I will update on the details later.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,349 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Also show us your own WS - have you sent it yet, and your evidence?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Sorry there I should have said,
    Ok, update is the date is set and venue also, just got an e-mail of the claimants witness statement- to my personal e-mail I wonder how they got that??, witness is a paralegal for BW Legal.
    I will update on the details
    later.

So the paralegal is not a name I have noticed on here before, they are relying on Parking eye vs Beavis, Elliot and Loake and CPS vs AJH films, in fact they have stated that the defendant says that Parking eye vs Beavis does apply, which is not true.

Currently adjusting my WS to reflect their WS, it seems that they did not submit the bundle on the due date which I queried at the court, apparently they had said the court date documents arrived too late for them to comply with and they did not know when the bundle would be submitted.
    After asking the court to adjust my submission date to reflect this, an e-mail arrived with the BW Legal bundle attached.

Now there has been no e-mail exchanges by me with BW Legal, it has all been done by post to date, so I wonder where they got the address from as it is my work/personal one.
    If any one wants a copy of their bundle please let me know.
    So as I said updating my WS and evidence etc.
    Cheers All
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport