IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Letter of claim from bwlegal

Options

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They, like any creditor, have up to six years to start court action to recover the alleged debt.

It doesn't matter how big the gaps are between debt collectors' letters.
  • Palec
    Palec Posts: 219 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you KeithP.
    Well in my case will help only common sense, me feeling unwell to drive, with medical condition in the past I need to be aware of not to drive if feel unwell.
    Then grace period 10 minutes which is exactly the case, I got ticket 8 minutes after first one, bought another one 10 minutes after first one, so we had to cross each other as car park is small and I have seen car nearby...
    I cannot see anywhere in writing that they have to give you grace period in private car parks, city council is 10 minutes, so if it is the matter of goodwill, maybe I cannot argue about grace period too much?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Palec wrote: »
    I cannot see anywhere in writing that they have to give you grace period in private car parks, city council is 10 minutes, so if it is the matter of goodwill, maybe I cannot argue about grace period too much?

Why not?

I'm not going to read back through all sixty-three posts on this thread to find out which AOS your PPC belongs to, but both the AOS's COPs contain terms about grace periods.

You need to read them.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I cannot see anywhere in writing that they have to give you grace period in private car parks,
    That's odd.

It's in the Code of Practice of any PPC's Trade Body (BPA or IPC), where you'd expect it to be stated.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Palec
    Options
    will look into it as for certain periods specified like in city council, thank you
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Forget City Council stuff.

Look in the appropriate ATA (either BPA or IPC) Code of Practice, it's there.
  • Palec
    Options
    My PPC is PPS ltd
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Which one? Full name?

Premier Parking Solutions are IPC, if it's them.

Not litigious much, but you'll know that from doing the search suggested in the second post of the NEWBIES thread that tells you which PPCs sue and which don't very often.

Like any creditor, any PPC has up to six years to start court action as per the previous advice. No-one here would pay a private PCN.
  • Palec
    Options
    Thank you Coupon-Mad, will do it, not sure if you ever got into stage that you have been on border of paying and do some overtime instead of finding and fighting something because your brain does not take in any more info, so that I just do it if court papers arrive, as 7 days limit for rebuttal is somehow not enough time for me to reply and I am sure it will not be illegal, to give me 7 days, first time they gave me 30, so more or less I do not understand legally this timelimits before court, how much time they can give you, but I went through this in 2015, too. Thank you everybody, I do apologise that do not cope in finding staff myself, am exhausted, will try again when feel better. All the best...
  • Palec
    Options
    YES it is PREMIER PARKING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business