Welcome Finance PPI

Sorry if this has been asked before, but has anyone reclaimed PPI from Welcome Finance?

I had two loans with them around 1998 and was informed if I didn't take PPI, even though I didn't need it, I couldn't have the loan. I have no paperwork. Is there any chance of getting it back?

Comments

• Hi.
    Yes I have had a successful claim. not having much time to do the paperwork i used an agency MMT. they have handled about 4 successful claims for me and been very good.
    You receive a payout (If successful) and then pay the 30% once the cheque clears.
    from start to finish about 4 months.

its worth it even if its £200!
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Sally2cats wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but has anyone reclaimed PPI from Welcome Finance?

I had two loans with them around 1998 and was informed if I didn't take PPI, even though I didn't need it, I couldn't have the loan. I have no paperwork. Is there any chance of getting it back?

Yes, you need to claim from the FSCS.
    https://www.fscs.org.uk/what-we-cover/products/ppi/welcome-finance/

It's free. Don't use a claims company.
  • FiftySix
    FiftySix Posts: 5 Forumite
    hello Barry, I'm really interested to read that you had a successful claim with Welcome Finance. I've been trying for years to settle a claim from 1993, but I'm always rejected because welcome Finance say they were not regulated till 2005, so they wont consider the claim. I've even been through a claims firm, but also got nowhere. Am I allowed to ask you who you went with please? And was your claim going back to the 90's ? Thanks for any info.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    FiftySix wrote: »
    I've been trying for years to settle a claim from 1993, but I'm always rejected because welcome Finance say they were not regulated till 2005, so they wont consider the claim. I've even been through a claims firm, but also got nowhere. Am I allowed to ask you who you went with please?
    Since you've already complained both directly and using a claims firm, what makes you believe you'd have any success with the firm used by "Barry"?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,036
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    ello Barry, I'm really interested to read that you had a successful claim with Welcome Finance. I've been trying for years to settle a claim from 1993, but I'm always rejected because welcome Finance say they were not regulated till 2005,

Welcome were regulated from 2005 but I believe they were members of an earlier body so will consider complaints from a date in 2003 I believe. The underwriter will take complaints from around 2001 to 2003. However, prior to that, there is no-one to complain to.

Barry probably had PPI from 2001 onwards to get his success.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    dunstonh wrote: »
    Welcome were regulated from 2005 but I believe they were members of an earlier body so will consider complaints from a date in 2003 I believe. The underwriter will take complaints from around 2001 to 2003. However, prior to that, there is no-one to complain to.
    Just as you told this poster back in March.
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73988354
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,036
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Just as you told this poster back in March.
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73988354

Well thank you FiftySix for wasting our time
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • view
    view Posts: 2,242
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Follo w i n g
  • FiftySix
    FiftySix Posts: 5 Forumite
    So very sorry if I've wasted your time. My question was asked in innocence. I forgot that I'd asked for help with it in March. I thought perhaps some kind soul may know a way round my problem. Obviously not.
    I probably wont bother with the forum again, it's too blunt for me.
    My apologies again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport