Earthgirl's Final Battle

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I've realised that I miss my health/wealth/life well-lived ponderings. Thanks for the reminder!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,270 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Company party sounds fab :D
    Have a good week.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Tuesday night already! Sat waiting on ds1 and pal in football training. I've had a good few days.

Stuck to diet, exercises every day, need to up water intake.
    Have some major things almost complete at work - lots of effort in yesterday.
    Have booked kids activities for summer, £2 library dinosaur activity, £3 country park fossil activity x2 so £10 in total for the whole summer :) Ds1 is getting a football camp for birthday from my mum, ds2 a golf one, and the rest of the time I have free things planned.
    Need to get on next week printing off colouring sheets for them, they love these!

Looking at ways to reduce foodbill and still be healthy, sandwich thins can go in place of whole meal bread, big tubs of yogurt cheaper than individuals, will come up with more.

Housework uptodate

Haven't been down to the shore yet- so busy! No excuse!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope DS settles, I guess it's even hard for us as adults at first when things move around. I'm sure he'll make lots of new friends.

I love your list for the holidays and have stole some ideas to fill in gaps on ours :rotfl:

Lovely to see holiday plans moving forward too :D

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • beanielou
    Options
    You are very organised :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• earthgirl
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hope DS settles, I guess it's even hard for us as adults at first when things move around. I'm sure he'll make lots of new friends.

I love your list for the holidays and have stole some ideas to fill in gaps on ours :rotfl:

Lovely to see holiday plans moving forward too :D

x

Holidays feel like a real extravagance, feel like I have to work super hard before I can "earn" them.
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • earthgirl
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    You are very organised :)

I have a to do list of doom but still insist on planing things for months ahead!

Progress not Perfection
  • earthgirl
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 21 June 2018 at 1:40PM
    Options
    So need to organise a two week menu for students for July.

Breakfast- cereals toast juice
    Snack - fruit/biscuits
    Lunch -self service sandwiches, ham cheese tuna, with salad and pasta/rice/potato salad and crisps, fruit.

Meals:
    Sun -Shepard's pie peas carrots + rhubarb crumble
    Mon - slow cooker spaghetti Bol + fruit and yogurt
    Tue- whole chicken in slow cooker, veg potato's. Rice pudding
    Wd - tuna pasta bake, salad fruit and yoghurt
    Thur- chilli + fruit meriange nests
    fri-curry fruit and yoghurt
    Sat pizza salad chips rhubarb fool
    Sun cottage pie peas carrots rhubarb crumble
    Mon slow cooker Irish stew, mash veg and angel delight
    Tue jacket potato's, chicken And salad, rice pudding
    Wed fish and chips peas + fruity meriange nests
    Thur sausage casserole +tinned fruit and ice cream
    Fri different curry rhubarb fool
    Sat- leaving- pizza if still here at tea time

Progress not Perfection
  • earthgirl
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Quick update:

A lot ticked off my to do list. I think I need to set myself daily tasks and tick them off every day. That way I wil make myself more accountable and put more effort in.

Exercise still going well, eating has been amazing in comparison to how I was, bypassing free donuts and cakes etc in favour of hitting my goals. Goals and accountability work for me!

I've recorded lots of films for the DCs for holidays and am still finalising the minutinae of the holiday activities. This will make things a lot easier. We have a week left of school here, so that will be spent getting ready for actual teaching of students.

So I had a lovely walk with the DCs to the village and along the side of the beach so I am counting it as a beach visit.

To do:
    - finish summer checklist
    - buy milk and cards 10 for £1
    - finish baby book (been on my to do list forever)
    - clean out hen hut and rub DE on them
    - haven't been able to garden much outside lately, so I have been planting basil, coriander and watering inside plants as my daily gardeing tasks, but I need to get outside now and:
    weed veg patch
    water veg patch
    weed rockery area
    plant trees

Progress not Perfection
  • beanielou
    Options
    You are a very busy bee :)

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback