Add your feedback on energy supplier So Energy

Comments

• lisa110rry
    lisa110rry Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Nor have I dobbibil, they are brilliant. Just recorded my June readings and, transferring them to my spreadsheet, I note that based on last year's usage projected to this year, I should finish within about £5 of what I've actually paid. After six months, they did advise me of an increase, but I telephoned and we talked about the fact that my contract ends in September so my usage was dropping away and they agreed that no increase was needed. This has been my second year with them and if not too much of an increase for another year, I'll stick with their excellent, second to none, customer service. Thank you So.
    “And all shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of things shall be exceeding well.”
    ― Julian of Norwich
    In other words, Don't Panic!
  • marlot
    marlot Posts: 4,933 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    My year with So is almost up. Its the first supplier who haven't ramped up my monthly bill to fund a huge credit balance on their side.

After several mainstream suppliers who left me £500 or so in credit after a year or two - and one in particular, who absolutely refused to return my money to me (or lower my monthly payments) on the grounds that they were 'protecting me', its been nice to be treated as an adult.

Just about to do some price comparisons, but I expect I'll stick with So even if it costs me a little more.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,199 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Bradders, nice to hear you succeeded, however you've posted on the wrong thread, this thread is about So energy

Mods, could you move it across please?
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,134 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Farway wrote: »
    Bradders, nice to hear you succeeded, however you've posted on the wrong thread, this thread is about So energy

Mods, could you move it across please?

Moved now :D
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • alipali9
    alipali9 Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    So disappointed.
    Renewal from So impala So expensive n power is about the same yearly cost. So much for a promise to be 10% cheaper than the big 6. I suppose if you average out the big 6 prices that maybe So. However good the service has been (no problems). I would rather move to another company with as good if not even better reviews and save over £100 per year. So long So energy.
  • So_Energy
    So_Energy Posts: 47 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    alipali9 wrote: »
    So disappointed.
    Renewal from So impala So expensive n power is about the same yearly cost. So much for a promise to be 10% cheaper than the big 6. I suppose if you average out the big 6 prices that maybe So. However good the service has been (no problems). I would rather move to another company with as good if not even better reviews and save over £100 per year. So long So energy.

Hello Alipali9,

Thank you for the feedback on our service, I am pleased to hear that you have been happy whilst on supply with us.

Our low price policy is to be within the cheapest 10% of similar tariffs available. There must be some misunderstanding or confusion around being "10% cheaper than the big 6"

Our advice to all customers is to compare unit rates and daily standing charges to ensure you are get the best deal possible, ultimately this is what you will pay for the energy you consume.

We are sorry to see you leave, hopefully you will consider us again in the future.

Thanks
    Nilesh
    So Energy Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of So Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • mprd
    mprd Posts: 6 Forumite
    I have a long list of suppliers that, because of shocking customer service, I will never use again but I've been with So Energy since April 2016 and I see no reason to leave.

No problems switching. I did I have some delays when I replaced my gas meter but So Energy customer services are easy to contact on the phone and were very helpful in explaining the industry process.

They provide 100% renewable energy and are always close to being the cheapest whenever I do a comparison. I like the fact that they only ever offer one fixed term tariff at a time. Simple to understand and simple to compare.

The website is easy to use, albeit a little slow.
  • So_Energy
    So_Energy Posts: 47 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    mprd wrote: »
    I have a long list of suppliers that, because of shocking customer service, I will never use again but I've been with So Energy since April 2016 and I see no reason to leave.

No problems switching. I did I have some delays when I replaced my gas meter but So Energy customer services are easy to contact on the phone and were very helpful in explaining the industry process.

They provide 100% renewable energy and are always close to being the cheapest whenever I do a comparison. I like the fact that they only ever offer one fixed term tariff at a time. Simple to understand and simple to compare.

The website is easy to use, albeit a little slow.

Thank you so much for the glowing feedback, great to have you as a loyal customer since 2016! Our values since day one have been about brilliant service and great value, it will continue to be that way too!

I wanted to address your issue with the website being a little slow. I can assure you that we have been doing a considerable amount of work in the background to bring the online portal up to speed. In the coming weeks you should see a marked improvement as the changes are deployed and we continue to invest in improving the customer experience!

Other suggestions/ideas are always welcome :T

Thanks
    Nilesh
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of So Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • I have just renewed with So Energy. Service and price is excellent. Highly recommended. Of all suppliers I have used, this one tops the lot.
  • Very good company, price and service
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure