Reclaim Care Home Costs for Free- New MSE guide

1404142434446»

Comments

• Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Does anyone have any direct experience of the Local Dispute Resolution procedure with these claims?

After years of sitting on the claim, the NHS has now reached this stage in the long-winded procedure, offering a 30 minute 'local resolution telephone call'.

Anybody taken part in one of these calls? With or without a lawyer joining in on a conference call? Or did you take the alternative route of a face to face meeting?

From what I've read, this looks like a pretty pointless procedure when the NHS just tries to justify the decision it's made prior to a formal appeal, but I could be wrong.

Any advice gratefully received. :)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Doc N - insist on a face to face meeting. These dispute resolution meetings very often make little difference, and are often simply a forum for the CCG to try to persuade you they are right and you are wrong. It means many people end up going to the next level of appeal anyway. However, you need to go through this stage first - but be sure it's face to face, and make sure you've documented in writing all the mistakes made by assessors in all previous meetings and assessments. Make the people at the meeting address these points one by one. Don't let them fob you off with 'a quick chat'. Hope that helps. Wishing you well.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Doc N - insist on a face to face meeting. These dispute resolution meetings very often make little difference, and are often simply a forum for the CCG to try to persuade you they are right and you are wrong. It means many people end up going to the next level of appeal anyway. However, you need to go through this stage first - but be sure it's face to face, and make sure you've documented in writing all the mistakes made by assessors in all previous meetings and assessments. Make the people at the meeting address these points one by one. Don't let them fob you off with 'a quick chat'. Hope that helps. Wishing you well.

Thanks for your advice, which I followed.

We had the meeting, and several months on, inevitably, the decision to reject the claim was confirmed.

We now move on to the Independent Review Panel stage, but since we're talking Arden and GEM here I'm sure they'll try to find a way of 'fixing' the outcome of that too.

Any tips, anyone, on the IRP stage?
  • Help.....we are currently paying a whopping £1300 week for mum with alzeiemrs in nursing carehome in sutton. I understood we should recieve NHS £165 weekly for mum and mentioned this to manageress. THey gave us a room that was £1600, [was only one available as other cheaper one went] when mum was in hospital who pressured me to find a place quickly...she has to have oxygen for her COPD although hasnt had any for a while now but its in her room and has to be adminstered by a nurse. He other carehome didnt have this facility so could return unfortuantly. Ive rung a few times and yesterday spoke with the manageress about "when do we recieve the £165 off her £1300 week care...she was reluctant and said i should go in for meeting about mums health, i did see this but live in chichester so miles away, and its difficult for me as suffering with Lyme disease and getting treatment currently. do you think they are claiming this money and not passing on the reduction? and also sounds like coercion re "well re assess her and bump up your costs......."?? Is this against the law for the nursing home to keep claimed £165 of NHs funding ??? what can i do about it and how do i go about it?? Quite frankly mums frail and 90ys march 26th ..im thinking of moving her, i have been on and off,the care is adequate here but she rarely leaves her room...its like im paying for good meals and a bed with TV....like Hilton hotel i feel....less personal than last carehome which was non profit..this ones bought building next door so will be even bigger next year.....I dont feel i like whats going on...thanks
  • I_Love_comps
    I_Love_comps Posts: 2,293 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Name Dropper
    The money you are on about is FNC money for the nursing element of your mothers care. The home your mother is in should be able to arrange an assessment for it.  Are you claiming Attendance Allowance for your mother . These will only be payable ? If your mother is self funding .
    I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Diary Link My Frugal Year 2023 My Frugal Year 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum

My Challenges
    Make £2023 in 2023. £3.16/£2023 Make £2023 in 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum
    Compers Challenge 2023 0 Wins Compers challenge 2023! — MoneySavingExpert Forum

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure