Please note: The Auto-enrolment sub-board is now closed. If you have a question around pensions, please post in the Pensions, Annuities and Retirement Planning board.

Auto Enrolment - fairly new company

My husband started a new job a month ago - it's a fairly new company (offshoot of a parent company) - according to Companies House it was incorporated in Aug 2017. So far there has been no mention of a workplace pension. There is nothing on his payslip and also no PAYE ref on the payslip so we can't check the online calculator to see the date on which they should roll out auto enrolment. There are about 3 other employees, earning more than £10,000 - husband is 57.

Please can anyone advise whether, as a new company, they have a time limit in order to organise auto enrolment? I've asked husband to try & find out info but they don't seem to be particularly forthcoming with information so I'm trying to find out what I can online.

Comments

• Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    How long has the Company been trading. Could simply be something that is in the process of being addressed.
  • maryroberts
    maryroberts Posts: 265 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    I'm not exactly sure - around December I think, possibly before then. The parent company has been trading for years. Maybe I'm just being impatient as his former employer was very efficient and provided pension details as soon as he started (but they weren't a new company!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure