NST January: Health, Wealth and a Life Well Lived

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Igamogam - yay to the metal straws, we don't have them but have been refusing straws for a long while now - they are an environmental nightmare.

Spent £4.60 whilst out with the kids on car parking, chips for lunch and a dvd in a CS. Also spent £19.75 on a new school skirt for DD, total rip off as it is a very cheap unlined skirt but it has to match the blazer which makes no sense as the blazer and skirt are brown but girls can wear black trousers and boys can wear black or grey trousers.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Achieved NSD today 2/18.
    Went for a walk in the park.
    Really finding it hard to motivate myself to do things and get into a routine this month. Hopefully it will improve. I do try and do something each day, but not a lot.
    Put somethings aside that will go into the recycling bin.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    edited 4 January 2018 at 8:53PM
    igamogam - please, please check the small print on equity release. I believe that they charge interest so will effectively own more of your house with each passing year.

Oops! Imeant to address this to dottydaisy. Sorry!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    How does playing sport (or going for a walk) make you feel? What do you enjoy about it?
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Well, I've always hated playing sport. I wasn't really ever very good at it and horrible teachers at school pointing out how useless I was didn't encourage me to try anything new. However, walking is the best thing ever for clearing your head. I wish I had really taken it up seriously when I was younger and fitter. But still, just wandering around a city looking at the architecture and soaking up the history is a joy. Parks and river walks are a great introduction to nature. And you meet such nice interesting people. I'm hoping to do more of it this year.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    I do not do any sport. I have signed up to do some sort of activity each day this month for a mental health charity. I am going out for a walk each day. Makes me to get out each day. Mainly I am going to the park and is nice to meet people and I do the walk in my own time.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I used to be rubbish at PE in school but sporty otherwise but never when I had to iykwim. When I started choosing and trying new things myself i got better, became MVP of our softball league in my 20s and now started doing triathlons close to 40 and feel better and fitter than ever.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • I hated sport at school and have never gotten into anything as an adult.
    I do enjoy long walks and if I do a workout or something similar I always feel good for it, I just never stick to anything. I'm my own worse nightmare really.

Today was NSD number 3, very pleased to be getting on well with it. DH is less enthused (I told him he can't have a morning Gregg's sausage sarnie) but he's being very good!

Day off today, glad because my cold came back with force at work last night. Just as I thought it was on the way out! Early night for me.

Meal plan done for the rest of the week, just did some pork stir fry and got two new recipes to try, will let you know how they pan out! (Is it possible to upload pics here via mobile?)

Tomorrow is a long work day but I don't have to be customer facing so I'm looking forward to that! Also should be another NSD and I'll finally get time to go to the bank and top up the savings with Xmas money. Didn't get time yesterday in the end.

I'm going to have a cup of tea and a good sleep now! Night turtles! X
    Money Saving since 2016 and determined to be debt free by 2020.
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    How does playing sport (or going for a walk) make you feel? What do you enjoy about it?

I love getting out and going for a walk or a run. I also love horse riding and the fact that it enables me to get out and about and either have a quick blast or a slow plod with my thoughts. I just love being in the countryside in general, it's so peaceful.

I've also decided to give kickboxing a try, there's a group near me which has a free session I can try. If I like it I'm going to try and go twice a month.
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £1,800 as of 04/24
  • How does playing sport (or going for a walk) make you feel? What do you enjoy about it?

I dont partake in any sport, the last time I did any real sport was at school when I did loads and loved it.

I do like walking, I have 2 dogs so get out twice a day although weekdays are not great as it is dark morning and night, I prefer weekends when we can go on long walks and I can enjoy the countryside and the fresh air.

Reporting in another NSD, did buy some medical stuff but obviously that doesn't count. (DH still ill with his cough but also faints, has nosebleeds (very severe so it looks like a murder has been committed) and is generally really ill so back to the doctor again)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure