Iii

Options

Comments

• OldDIYer
    OldDIYer Posts: 131 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My experience pre-transfer to II is good.

Secure messages answered promptly - usually around 24 hrs - phone calls no problem - got through quickly and sensible/helpful responses.

Only problem is their SIPP in drawdown charges are too high - so leaving that at HL. But HL have offered the 0.25% lower fee if we stay so taking account of that & better discounts on fund fees our saving from switching has almost disappeared!
  • racing_blue
    racing_blue Posts: 961 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Trev and see you next year;)

I am in the same position: SIPP with HL, ISA with iii. For several years. I hold US and Euro shares & funds with iii & have had no problems or complaints at all.
  • alk29
    alk29 Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We have been using iii for some years now and think they are pretty good. They have resolved the few issues we have had quickly and efficiently and in general are far better than the other companies we have used / use .

There are not as many fancy trading options on the website as there were on our previous platform but it's cheap and quick and TBH we didn't use them much anyway.

Being able to link 2 accounts together and pay one fee is great (although one downside is you can only use the free trades that come with the fee payment in the account the cash is debited from and not any other linked account)

And we bought (and still hold) some American shares some time ago easily.
  • gterr
    gterr Posts: 555 Forumite
    Options
    Excellent experience with iii so far. Prompt replies to queries, and a 'welcome' phone call just after we set up our accounts, to check all was well. Last week I helped a very elderly relative move her S&S ISA to them from HL. iii pulled out all the stops to make sure all the paperwork could be finished in the 5 days I was staying with her.

Their website is a bit clunky, especially if you are used to HL. I needed some help via secure message in figuring out the differences between fund classes, but their response was rapid, friendly, and cleared things up.

I believe there were some problems with iii a few years ago, which have now been resolved, so if you are looking at reviews you might want to focus on recent ones rather than historical ones that may no longer be relevant.
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thanks for the good feedback guys..
  • JJforever
    JJforever Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am also thinking about transferring to iii but have a couple of questions about the form?

I purchased my isas via Chelsea Financial Services who use the cofunds platform. So when they ask on the form for the ISA manager is it Chelsea or cofunds? Also since iii use cofunds as well it isn't really a transfer at all - shouldn't it be quite simple and why would it take 8 weeks?

Thanks in advance.
  • zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    How can you tell if funds are available in a SIPP with II? The funds have an ISA Yes/No marker but nothing for SIPP. Does availability in an ISA mean it's available in a SIPP?

Disappointingly, some of the funds I have in a SIPP aren't available in an ISA with II so I guess that means they aren't available as a SIPP either? Also some of the other dirty funds have a lower rebate than HL so check this out and convert to clean asap!
  • grey_gym_sock
    grey_gym_sock Posts: 4,508 Forumite
    Options
    ISAs have more restrictions than SIPPs on what investments can be held, so they may well be eligible for SIPPs.

(and i don't know how accurate ii's "ISA yes/no" markers are. sometimes it's worth questioning this.)
  • Linton
    Linton Posts: 17,162 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    Options
    zagfles wrote: »
    How can you tell if funds are available in a SIPP with II? The funds have an ISA Yes/No marker but nothing for SIPP. Does availability in an ISA mean it's available in a SIPP?

Disappointingly, some of the funds I have in a SIPP aren't available in an ISA with II so I guess that means they aren't available as a SIPP either? Also some of the other dirty funds have a lower rebate than HL so check this out and convert to clean asap!

The ISA Yes/No markers are often wrong, or may mean that the fund manager does or doesnt provide an in-house ISA. I am not aware of any equity funds that are ineligible for ISAs. I believe there are restrictions on short dated bond funds, but there arent many of those around.

AFAIK SIPPs can invest in any fund.

It would be interesting to know which funds you have that are not provided by II. I havent found any, though I guess there are some small obscure fund managers around. If your funds arent on II's list suggest you talk to them.
  • colalba
    colalba Posts: 96 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Linton wrote: »
    The ISA Yes/No markers are often wrong.

I can confirm this. I had a couple which said no to ISA but on checking with them they said it would be fine. Whether it is mistake on their web site or they are changing policy in the face of customer demand I wouldn't say.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure