2019 Wedding

Comments

• Just in quickly, in between cooking!

I've got an update, but probably a bit long for a quick pop in!

I've added you to the first post apricity - congratulations :D
    new challenge?
    £1 a day for Christmas 2024 £100.60 / £366 ~
    Got married 24/05/19 ~ Credit Card
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
    LBM 25/2/09 ~ Debt at highest £8,037.35 ~ £0
  • We didn't go to town on Saturday, I woke up with a head headache, was hoping I'd feel better after breakfast and a cuppa but I went back to bed, I don't think I slept but had my eyes closed and the curtains were shut. Stayed in my pjs until about 4pm! Started feeling a bit better at about 7pm.

We went to town today, it ended up being a bit spendy, but we got a few bargains!

First stop was the Jewellery shop, to look at the ring I ordered in, and I loved it, so we've bought both our rings this weekend :) Our ring budget was £400, H2B's came in at £98, and mine at £249, they are very different but what each of us wanted :D so we're £53 under budget :T

We had a bit of time to waste while waiting for my son so we had a little wander, half heartedly looking at shoes for me, we got an absolute bargain on a pair of shoes by Ruby Shoo, £24.99! :j I couldn't decide if I wanted the Maria or the Madeline, both in white and silver, I've gone for the Maria but if I change my mind I can swap for the other ones. I'll try them on with my dress when H2B is not about. Out of my budget of £100 for my outfit I've got £18 left for something for my hair, I'm sure it's doable, just don't know what I want though.

We met my son at Deb'nams H2B wanted to go in to look for a shirt, he um'd over one, it was a bit pricey at £39, but we decided that it was worth it for such a lovely shirt, and he wanted something special, not just a white shirt! It went through the checkout at £15.60 :j I didn't realise this and he said we need to get out of the shop and walked really quickly out, I just followed not a clue what was going on, he says he was worried incase they called him back to pay more! :rotfl: Anyway, I went back in and bought another one for my son!

apricity - info sheet
    Parking info for the registry office
    Map and directions to registry office and rugby club
    List of B&Bs near the rugby club
    Taxi numbers
    Request people arrive at the registry office 15 minutes early to be seated (not sure about that one though, is it rude to tell people to get there early?)
    A contact number for the day, rather than contacting us
    Reminder of RSVP date (not sure about that either, it will be on the invitations)
    Confetti - I need to find out from both of they allow confetti and add this info too

Right off to look at Pint'rest for hair inspiration :)

Catch you all soon x
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • natsplatnat
    natsplatnat Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Request people arrive at the registry office 15 minutes early to be seated (not sure about that one though, is it rude to tell people to get there early?

Not rude at all - also, you could just tell them that the wedding is 15 or 30 minutes earlier than it actually is!! x
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
  • apricity
    apricity Posts: 198 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Aw no! I'm glad your feeling better,something is definatly going around. My F.H had a viral infection last week and woke up with it myself at the weekend. Not feeling at all great today but trying to power through work :)

Well that makes it worth it!
    Brillant win of the rings and for it being under budget! I was thinking to myself about "would odd rings be weird?" I saw a few I loved in Thomas Sabo.

That's a good deal on those shows.
    And should be doable if having something simple.

Ahaaaa - your H2B made me crack up reading that! I'd do the same though but you've defo been a lucky one for bargins !

I think that's everything
    I can't think of anything to add to it.
    I also don't think it's rude to ask that.

Good luck!

My wedding update
    I officially booked our date,
    It is still the 20th September 2019
    I've paid the booking fee already and now we just have to get our passports sorted & give notice to our districts council center.

I'm excited but so so anxious of
    a) whether to tell my Nan that her daughter (my auntie) and my cousin aren't invited
    b) Not to say and invite nan anyway and say nothing... though if she asks them if they got an invite...
    either way I am screwed and there will be a massive fight & I will hurt her but then
    I don't want my cousin to ruin our day and I still feel hurt with my auntie.

It's also awkward as my f.h doesn't want to attend any family occasions as they've all either ssaid something horrible about him or have been hurtful towards me. so I dread going to these alone and having "well you can't marry a man who wants nothing to do with the family" talks

If it was my choice i'd probably not speak to them. I talk vaguely with them any way.

It's giving me slight panic attacks
    :heartpuls Getting married 21.09.19 :heartpuls
    Emergency Savings - £15.55 / £1,000 :heart: XMAS '19 Savings - £0.00 / £365 :heart: Holiday savings - £6.00(SA) £00 (PB)
  • TonyMMM
    TonyMMM Posts: 3,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Request people arrive at the registry office 15 minutes early to be seated (not sure about that one though, is it rude to tell people to get there early?)

Some offices can have back to back weddings on busy days, so you should check whether there is another ceremony immediately before yours - it may be OK, but you might find the room isn't available for people to sit in and they are left standing around.

Also -for your invites the official term is a "Register Office", or "Registration Office", never a Registry Office.
  • apricity
    Xmas Saver!
    Thanks for that , TonyMMM that's comes in handy .

I don't really know what to do now,
    The 10 mini plastic scoops for the candy bar has arrived today.

I had a quote back from the hotel where we might stay after i asked what the price was for the reception but I almost spat my coffee out! £12,180 as they want us to have a 3 course meal with proseco toast and stuff. Not what I want!

Back to drawing board .
    Emergency Savings - £15.55 / £1,000 :heart: XMAS '19 Savings - £0.00 / £365 :heart: Holiday savings - £6.00(SA) £00 (PB)
  • kdalwayskint
    kdalwayskint Posts: 789 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 21 August 2018 at 10:33PM
    Hi TonyMMM, the information booklet advises guests arrive 15 minutes early, I just wasn't sure whether to include it in my information sheet to guests or put it on the invitations, but don't really know how to word it! Thank you for the correction on the Register Office :)

apricity - congratulations on your booking x
    That's the problem we found with looking at a couple of hotels, they want you to have a certain number of guests and drinks packages etc. We decided that's not what we want, or to spend that amount of money!

I've had another good deal today - I've sold a few of my sewing magazines and with the money I have bought some new makeup, primarily for the wedding, I love No 7 and used the link in the mse email today, buying mascara and eye liner to get a free makeup pallet (it's got everything else for a full face of makeup) and a No 7 nail strengthener I used a code and got £5 off when you buy 3 No 7 products! Decided to have it delivered, total paid by me, £1.08 :j

H2B'S bought some shoes from Groopon, reasonable price for some two coloured broughes, I think he's almost done with regards to his outfit :)

Right, catch you all soon x
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • apricity
    Xmas Saver!
    I had to move £200 out of the wedding fund and into my emergency savings as this month will be difficult for money as I get paid by my new job at the end of the month but have to wait 7 days after to get paid by my previous job. I need the £200 to cover that period if needed. Hopefully I shouldn't.

So I have £1,000 enough for the reception and stationary but £73 towards a ring (I budgeted £250 for each of us)

I'm stressing a little about money now
  • quick update, I gave the wrong information regarding the £5 off No 7 products, it is actually £5 off when you spend £25 on No 7 products :)
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • apricity
    Xmas Saver!
    ah thanks, I don't use no.7 ... I try not to spend too much on make-up.

We're going away tomorrow so we may do a little wedding planning with my M-i-l-2be
    if she brings it up. We need a get-away so we're staying at his parents for the bank holiday weekend.

Today no wedding planning has been done but i'm highly emotional as I had a horrific experience at the dentist for a filling today , i'm unwell and I'm also...on my ... P. and my hubby-to-be is stressed and depressed about his work. things are taking it's toll a little.

I'm still searching for reception places,
    a few found and emailed but they haven't got back to me yet.
    i'm leaning towards the original idea ahain
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure