Barclaycard credit search

Options
Hi, does anyone know which agency do barclaycard use for a credit search? I'm getting a 7/10 chance of being accepted but wanted to know this before i go ahead and apply. Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Experian and equifax I believe.

Why do you ask?
  • jaykay11
    jaykay11 Posts: 17 Forumite
    edited 13 August 2018 at 10:38PM
    Options
    !!! wrote: »
    Experian and equifax I believe.

Why do you ask?

Because equifax have decided to add someone with a similar name to me in the "Attributable data" section where it basically says it may or may not be me. Have tried to get it removed but no luck.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Have you raised a dispute with them?
  • jaykay11
    Options
    Yes i did and this is the response

"Although the credit agreements are held by the credit reference agencies, the owner of the information continues to be the financial institution, and not the credit reference agency. The credit reference agencies are unable to amend or delete information, unless they have been advised to do so directly from the data owner"

Conclusion

While I appreciate the concerns that you!!!8217;ve raised, I!!!8217;m unable to uphold your complaint.

Please note that this is my final response. If you!!!8217;re unhappy with my response, you have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service free of charge. Although there are time limits for referring your complaint to the Ombudsman, we will consent to the Ombudsman considering your complaint even if you refer the complaint outside the time limits.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Is that linked to a current account or credit card etc?
  • jaykay11
    Options
    !!! wrote: »
    Is that linked to a current account or credit card etc?

Debt collection agency
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You need to contact the DCA and ask them to remove it then
  • PRAISETHESUN
    PRAISETHESUN Posts: 3,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Only the DCA can remove the data from your files. I would contact the agency to dispute the debt if you don't believe it is yours. Send them a "prove it" letter. If they can't attribute the debt to you, then you should have sufficient grounds to request the info be removed from your files. Escalate as needed if they are slow to act - I definitely wouldn't bother applying for any cards until this is removed from your files... which might take a few months
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure