Iii

Options

Comments

• planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    unavailable this morning.. i've been checking HL for US share prices:wave:.

i have generally found the iii site to be fine recently though. i've traded within my ISA and had no problems at all.
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,623 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    There has been a banner on the site all week saying that it will be down for maintenance this weekend
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,275 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 20 May 2018 at 4:14PM
    Options
    planteria wrote: »
    unavailable this morning.. i've been checking HL for US share prices:wave:.
    Back up now. Is it just me or has there been "Planned Maintenance" going on quite frequently and I only recall one instance where I was warned in advance.
    MallyGirl wrote: »
    There has been a banner on the site all week saying that it will be down for maintenance this weekend
    That would explain it, but it would be much more helpful to send us a message. I didn't visit the site this week until the weekend, but I could have logged in on Friday evening if I'd known it wouldn't be available on Saturday or Sunday morning.
  • le_loup
    le_loup Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Options
    masonic wrote: »
    but it would be much more helpful to send us a message. I didn't visit the site this week until the weekend, but I could have logged in on Friday evening if I'd known it wouldn't be available on Saturday or Sunday morning.

A fair point but it would have gone entirely against their customer service ethos - which, as you know is, no customer service.
  • capital0ne
    capital0ne Posts: 872 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    masonic wrote: »
    That would explain it, but it would be much more helpful to send us a message. I didn't visit the site this week until the weekend, but I could have logged in on Friday evening if I'd known it wouldn't be available on Saturday or Sunday morning.
    And if you didn't check your email till the weekend, whose fault would that be?

This sounds a bit like a football manager saying they would have won the match if they had scored a goal!

Good luck
  • masonic
    Options
    capital0ne wrote: »
    And if you didn't check your email till the weekend, whose fault would that be?

This sounds a bit like a football manager saying they would have won the match if they had scored a goal!

Good luck
    I get push notifications when I receive a new email. I'd like to see them implement that on their website.

You seem to be implying it is unreasonable to expect to be contacted when there is going to be planned disruption to their services, but pretty much every other financial institution manages to do so, even III on one occasion.
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    agreed masonic, and speaks to the response to my message above.
    no email to let us know.. and as you say, it seems to be more frequent than elsewhere.
  • cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Ignoring the e-mail element of this, could it be that II posted the advisory on the main web page (home page) but, if you are anything like me you bookmark the login page and therefore never see the advisory information. I'm not with II but have experienced this with another provider.
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
  • masonic
    Options
    cloud_dog wrote: »
    Ignoring the e-mail element of this, could it be that II posted the advisory on the main web page (home page) but, if you are anything like me you bookmark the login page and therefore never see the advisory information. I'm not with II but have experienced this with another provider.
    I was on their main site on Friday evening at around 9:25 pm (looking up a link to post in this thread) and didn't see a banner there.

I might be misremembering, but the only time I've seen a banner about maintenance on the website, it was on the login page.

I receive all manner of emails/secure messages from them including reminders of ISA subscription deadlines, reviews of their 'ii Rated Investments' and even an invitation to complete a survey about my trading habits. Clearly these are all far more important than information about when they are taking their services offline ;)
  • masonic
    Options
    Down again for maintenance this whole weekend. It it probably best to treat it as only being available on weekdays to avoid disappointment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure