TSB not making payments to their own credit card this month

This is just a warning to others who like me may have a tsb credit card paid by diret debit from their TSB bank account. This month TSB havent taken out the monthly payment. I have spent the last week trying to get through to them and finally got through to a branch today. Apparentley they know all about it and are just going to take out two next month. That would have put me into a lot of hot water so I was really disgusted that they havent warned us or put up a message on website or email. Also I was told I can pay in branch on online but when pressed they admited that they will still take two payments next month regardless. Totally disgusting and unacceptable but she really could not care less. I have put in a complaints form and am going to transfer the payment over to a savings account to hold it untill next month when I will have to transfer it back. Good job I checked so many people will get caught out by this. Just wanted to warn anyone as TSB should be doing. Such wonderful customer service.

Comments

• AirlieBird
    AirlieBird Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    This is just a warning to others who like me may have a tsb credit card paid by diret debit from their TSB bank account. This month TSB havent taken out the monthly payment. I have spent the last week trying to get through to them and finally got through to a branch today. Apparentley they know all about it and are just going to take out two next month. That would have put me into a lot of hot water so I was really disgusted that they havent warned us or put up a message on website or email.

It's been on their website for at least a week and I quoted it on here last week
    Did you really mean to put loose?
    Lose: no longer possess, not to retain, unable to find
    Loose: not firmly or tightly fixed in place
  • CricketLady
    CricketLady Posts: 43 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I pointed out to TSB that this would mean I wouldn't have interest on my Bank of Scotland account as my TSB credit card is one of my two direct debits. She very kindly credited my account with ten pounds, tried to pay me for my phone call - I told her not to, the call had cost me nothing - so she said she would credit me a further 20 pounds for any inconvenience (it hadn't been much inconvenience really, the money can stay in my account earning interest until the direct debit goes next month!) so again, I said not to worry but when she insisted I thought - well, that's lovely!

Then the window cleaner came and took 25 pounds. Easy come, easy go, hey? But I was actually really impressed with how TSB dealt with this.
  • RedRuby_2
    RedRuby_2 Posts: 122 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I made a payment yesterday but it hasn't come off my balance yet.
    I also noticed that I haven't been paid my £5 reward.
    I will be keeping a close eye on the situation.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Why haven't I received my 1% Plusness cashback?

We've had a technical issue that's meant we're making the payment to you later this week. We're sorry about that but you will have the cashback by the end of this week (18th May).
    Amazing what you find in the Q&As
  • Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,700 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    I pointed out to TSB that this would mean I wouldn't have interest on my Bank of Scotland account as my TSB credit card is one of my two direct debits. She very kindly credited my account with ten pounds, tried to pay me for my phone call - I told her not to, the call had cost me nothing - so she said she would credit me a further 20 pounds for any inconvenience (it hadn't been much inconvenience really, the money can stay in my account earning interest until the direct debit goes next month!) so again, I said not to worry but when she insisted I thought - well, that's lovely!

Then the window cleaner came and took 25 pounds. Easy come, easy go, hey? But I was actually really impressed with how TSB dealt with this.
    25 quid for the window cleaner! Where do you live, Buckingham Palace? :D
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • CricketLady
    CricketLady Posts: 43 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Not Buckingham Palace by a long stretch, but Buckinghamshire... at least the upside of paying 2500 per year council tax is that I get a lot of cashback from Nat West.:rotfl:

It's no good, I'm going to have to start cleaning my own windows - 25 quid for fifteen minutes' work AND he's missed a bit...:D
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,134 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    There's a thread already going about it on the Credit Cards board - feel free to have a look.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5835493

Their FAQs section on their website is kept up to date too.
    https://www.tsb.co.uk/personal/frequently-asked-questions/
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family