PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thursday 10 October 2019

Options
nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 10 October 2019 at 6:20AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Thursday 10 October 2019

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need them, those who are poorly and those who are looking after a poorly person x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

DH and DS2 getting ready for work, I'm showered, dressed and enjoying first cuppa and my porridge. DS2 settled and ok.

Still dark, but not raining at the moment, although rain is forecast for later and tomorrow's forecast is not good.

Dinner last night was egg, bacon, sausage, hash browns, beans and mushrooms. Tonight I'm not sure what we'll be having but I need to sort this morning as I'm now on days' off until I go back on Monday.

Yesterday work was either dead or manic - then lots of customers ten minutes before we were due to close.

I have all the normal "to do" list to be getting on with, will just potter along and do what I can.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• ScarletRibbons
    Options
    Good morning, and thanks for starting NMLC - you are busy as usual, hope you get through your list.

It's dry here, and the forecast is quite good. Yesterday was nice, breezy and sunny.
    We went for our flu jabs, so my arm feels a bit stiff, but it'll wear off.

I'm going to the Metrocentre today, there are a few things I want to look at . I could do with a couple of cardigans, and I've seen some nice ones (on the internet) in M*S and D*behams, so I'll check those out.

I made a list last night so I know which shops I'm heading for. I've got to watch myself or I end up strolling round looking at things I'm never going to buy, so I must remain focused.

Was it yesterday that you were goingout with friends TA? If so, hope you had a good day, and enjoyed your lunch. I'll lunch out, I like the crayfish and avocado salad in Pr*t a Manger, and they do a nice tuna nicoise as well. I'm not on commission from them by the way!

That's it really, hope everyone has as good a day as they can,
    Take care folks xx
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning folks and thanks NMLC. Gosh this must be the darkest morning we have had so far. Almost 7.00 and it's still almost pitch black out there. It's none too warm either!

We seem to be getting our rain allocation through the night just now - I'll settle for that! We had a lovely day out yesterday, Otley won the toss. No rain and the sun was shining for a while too. More books I really didn't need ended up in my arms in St Gemma's but at 50p each it takes someone with stronger willpower than me to resist buying them! Lovely lunch and after my enforced abstinence the wine was enjoyed too!

Today is shopping day. As I only did a small top up shop from M & S last week I have a bigger list today. DD picking me up mid morning for a trawl round Aldi.

The 3 DGDs are here for late tea and sleepover so it's the usual Bolognese Bake. They are having withdrawal symptoms, DD says, ''cos of missing out on it last week due to the theatre trip!

Have a good day folks and ((HUGS)) for all in need, plus our absent friends. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Not raining here atm but more due later I think, off to work for me today and I am working with a different person today which will be nice for a change.

We seem to have a problem with out chimney we lit the burner last night and the neighbors came round to say that they had smoke in their house and a chemical smell they have said this before so I have the chap coming out tonight to have a look at it, hopefully its not a huge problem, it may just be down to them having a cold chimney and ours being warm, we will hopefully find out tonight.

Better dash as im running late, have good days all xx
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good Morning All

Raining again, it's like living in a monsoon!

The show was really good last night, throroughly enjoyed it. The only downside is getting in at 11 (I'm so old!). Our dinner was good too, a golf driving range that has a very nice cafe.

Hope things have sorted themselves out Molly.

I've just put a wash load on the rack, more to do later.

Have a good day, take care. XX
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,032 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone.

It's dreary here, maybe it'll drive eastward again.

Yesterday I made tentative plans to visit a friend though it all fell through as there was some building related 'drama' which went onto to become a flurry of phone calls and visitors. A downstairs neighbour contracted a company to install a damp course in his apartment without doing the legal process of working through the factor to 1) get all the owners permission and 2) get three tenders. The upshot of the day is that the work is being completed but no-one else now has an obligation to contribute the normal 1/8th of the cost. He shot himself in the foot as well causing a large amount of upset.

Today the cleaner is coming and then I (again) hope to go out.

I phoned a friend of DM's last night as she had her hip replaced three weeks ago and i wanted some advice. It was a very useful conversation, especially about being given not only an epidural but also a shot of what she called a 'happy drug'. :j

Now, I wish all the poorlies some relief from their struggles. Thinking about Silver Oldie especially. Happy Thursday to everyone.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,405 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all
    I'm still in the land of the living...... just :rotfl:.
    I have very little pain, but my jaw is still sore and the left side of my face and tongue is a bit swollen. I feel like I'm also batting off a cold. Mr Fix It is also under par with the swimmy head and sickness and DD is home from work with a heavy cold, but luckily she can go to DGS class assembly in our place this morning as we are not up to it :(. Bless her she has offered to get us anything we need too, even though she's feeling rough herself :A.

I have managed to put the DW on, although neither of us have eaten much lately....... don't recommend this way to lose weight :eek:. I don't feel up to doing much else really, but I shall have a nice soak in a bubble bath and see if that helps. Sorry to sound so miserable when there are others much worse off than me.
    Take care all
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

I've had a bit of tough time the last couple of days, consumed with negative thoughts and a distinct lack of oomph - for everything. I've my parents and gran coming this weekend which I'm really looking forward to it and I'm sure that'll make a positive change.

Today is work followed by football training, my first time in ages, which I am also looking forward to. I'll nip into the SM to buy some food for my visitors this weekend and I'd like to give my flat the once over so that it's spick and span. Ideally I'd nip to the gym but as I said, I know that come 5pm/6pm, I won't have the enthusiasm.

NSD 3/17

Have a nice day everyone.
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hello x
    Busy morning so far managed to put the cleaner round the hall and living room oh dear why is it so tiring - I got a telling off form husband but i want to be more productive - I guess it just takes time:mad:
    Husband walked Molly Dog so no arguments this morning - thank you for all your kind comments.
    Speky - hope you feel better soon.
    Kind Regards.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,585 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nanny, I hope you and DH feel better soon. I hate having mouth problems!

Speky, I'm sorry you're feeling down, my Chris is feeling the same. In his case I think a lot of it is tiredness because he has such a long drive to work, hopefully not for much longer and when this maternity leave cover they will find him something permanent nearer home.

We were at Laura's the last couple of days, Steve was helping Brian with a couple of diy jobs and I helped Laura to sort through the baby clothes she has been given. The birthing pool has arrived but Laura still feels unprepared, I suppose most new mums are like that.

I made a new cover for the dining chair pads for the Yorkshire house. It was a bit tricky because the ercol chairs have press studs to keep the pads from slipping so I had to make sure I put new fastenings in to fit. It turned out ok though, only another nine to do.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all! [just!] Ikea visit resulted in two impus buys and one necessary buy. The ceiling light has gone in the bedroom , not surprising since it appears to have been there since the sixties [it's a fluorescent tube circle thing, some kind of atomic style] so I got a ceiling rose and wiring with a nice bright bulb. Will fix that at the weekend i think. The other two were a circular grater for cheese and a new oven dish for lasagne/shepherds pie type stuff. Not too bad.
    Today is more of the same i.e. clearing and sorting. OH may visit his gran so while he's away I will probably go super crazy with the sorting. Car has to go for a service and new mirror tomorrow so am piling up stuff for the dump by the front door.

nanny, there is always someone who is worse off than the next person, you feeling rubbish [with good cause!] is just as important because it's how you feel [ not sure if I put that right, hopefully you know what I mean] so moan away...and have a hug....Gers, a lucky missed expense for your mother then! speky, hope you ramp up on the positive thoughts. Are you still happy to be in Manchester? and with your job? redruby, hope it's not anything serious..TA enjoy your family round you :)
    Hope everyone is doing well, Holly, SO, et al...
    Triumphant Thursday!
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure