6 bottles of wine with Smile

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thought I'd just give this a bump as the offer is valid until end of November.

I applied on 21 September and today have received my 6 bottles of wine.

Contrary to my expectation, the wines are all very good quality, 4 of them have won awards and the other 2 have good reviews.

Its certainly brought a 'smile' to my face ;D ;D ;D
  • Jen_Jen_5
    Jen_Jen_5 Posts: 174 Forumite
    Options
    I was thinking about this today, do you have to do anything further (account opened and money paid in) to get the wine or is it just delivered. I opened my account august and have not received a grape.
  • System
    Options
    Yes - you have to have effected a credit transaction by end December - I transferred a nominal amount over from my main account. This is in accordance with the Ts and Cs as follows:

terms and conditions:
    smile wine promotion ends on 30th November 2004. All current account applications must be applied for by 30th November 2004. Wine qualification upon first credit transaction or salary mandate transfer by 31st December 2004. This is in accordance with smile terms & conditions (please refer to website - smile current account conditions 1.1). Delivery will be within 28 days of credit transaction or salary mandate transfer. The wine offer is only available to customers who are residents of the UK and cannot be exchanged for a cash equivalent. Direct Wines will deliver anywhere in the UK (excluding the Channel Islands). This offer is not open to previous or existing customers of smile. This offer excludes Co-operative Group staff. smile have the right to withdraw the offer at any time.
  • System
    Options
    do you have to do anything further (account opened and money paid in) to get the wine or is it just delivered

Sorry jen jen, didn't read your post properly :-[ - overlooked "money paid in". You shouldn't have to do anything else.

I'd send them an email saying that the wine offer was the reason you chose to open a current account with them and when are they sending it?
  • Jen_Jen_5
    Options
    Thank you - if it ever comes drinks are on me ;)
  • System
    Options
    Sounds good ;D Fingers crossed for you.

BTW, do your email as a secure message after logging in to your account - don't do what i did though and expect an email reply - they also secure message you back so you have to keep logging in to check whether they have replied.
  • samuela66
    samuela66 Posts: 1,200 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, Does it have to be a current account cos when I looked it offered me several diferent options, want thw wine but dont want to change my current account, am prepared to have a different account with them, prefer not having the hassle of all my d/ds getting messed up. :-[
    Sam B
  • samuela66
    samuela66 Posts: 1,200 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    just read t and c's it states you must pay £1000 per month into the account :'(
    Sam B
  • System
    Options
    Snoopy - you do need to have incomings of £1000 per month, but don't need to pay it into the account - I checked that with them before opening.

It does have to be a current account but you don't need to change your accounts over. I've kept my main one going with all the usual DDs, salary payments etc - the Smile one is just an additional account that I may in time use for household expenditure and bill payments etc if I can ever get around to switching it over from the main account.
  • Jen_Jen_5
    Options
    I just pay the wages in and then transfer most of them out again into the accoutn with all the dds set up. you can set up a regular payment to do this for you if you will forget.

This way i will hopefully save a little bit (by not transfering it).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure