Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good to see you.
    Take care of you & yours.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • amber03
    amber03 Posts: 1,238 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Think quite a few of us "disappear" for a while from these boards as RL gets in the way. Love coming back to them and gives me a kick up the b*m to get back to being good with my money.

Welcome back Greying.x
    :j Debtfree and and staying that way.:j3-6 month emergency fund, No.61 £140.00
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Good Morning :hello:

Thank you for all your kind wishes and posts - I do appreciate every one of them. To continue with MatyMoo's vernacular, it was just one turd too many on top of an overly large p00 pile, and it sunk us for a while. As I said, many people cope with much worse, it's just what presses your buttons, or messes with your mind I suppose. We all have our limits; our boundaries. It could be a sudden crisis, or it could be the drip-drip-drip of a rubbish situation finally getting to you. And you break.

Ah well, onwards and upwards, and hope for good things :D We have much to look forward to and a life to live, so let's get living :D

I've got to do a money shuffle today to pay bills.

There is laundry to get dry, hopefully for free as we have a ray or two of the sunshiney stuff with us at the mo.

Meals for the next 2 days will have to come from stores, as I've already broken into next month's grocery money :doh: by about £5 and some shrapnel. Tea last night was 'cheat' fish supper. Being a left over breaded cod filet from mrL, 2 bags (there aren't many in each) of scampi 'bites' from h3r0n (annoyingly, they charge £1 each bag - FF have them at...... 2 for £1.80????? But we rarely go to FF as it's a bit out of the way). A bag of 'r00ster' wedges for £1 - (h3ron again, bit pricey, but not overly spiced, and h3ron don't seem to stock Aviko chips anymore :(). And a tin of mushy peas (mrL 19p). Wedge of lemon and all 3 of us were fed for about £3.75. Not cheap, but not chipper prices, neither, so swings and roundabouts......

Need to do some sorting/decluttering. That's an ongoing, and I never know where to start. But I need to get back into the groove of moving on (to which ever pile it needs to go into), toot and gravy from the homestead.

Can't think of owt else particularly :money: to mention, so better toddle orf and do ^ :D

Ta for popping in. Appreciated.

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £8/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £214.28/215
    Non-food household spend April £29.23/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options

We've awoken to the golden orb shining down upon us again this morning :D sooo much easier to feel more chipper when the sun shines :D

Yesterday's tea was pasta with; black olives, red peppers, cherry tomatoes, garlic, dressing and herbs. All stores, apart from the cherry toms, which I did buy :o in M&$. They were back to 80p (mysteriously £1 over Easter........), and looked lovely and ripe (they were). Better than the very small, very hard salad toms that were alongside them, which i noticed when I bought a pack the other week (bigger toms in that pack) were produce of Poland. i didn't know Poland grew tomatoes commercially. But on the offering that was on the shelf yesterday, i won't be rushing to buy them with any great regularity, I am afraid, as the produce didn't represent good value for money (fruit too wee).

I did also get some YS'd coriander in M&$ yesterday. Actually got the SECOND price mark down for once :j But did have to pick and choose carefully, so that my 2 x 23p bags (25g) of coriander had ALL green stuff in them, no yellow/brown/black leaves.......... ;) As the price still wasn't rock bottom.

It didn't end up being a NSD (boo!) but we needed bananas, so it was never going to be, IYSWIM. At least spends were kept low.

Yesterday I was grateful for;

drying sunshine

organising a trip for the summer :j

BG acing a new situation :j

Today is a mixture of all of what I did yesterday, all over again :D Tea will be........ one thing or another..... sounds vague, but I've two ideas in mind, one of which involves using the oven, and I think it may be too warm to have the oven on - unless I use it to make a cake too... decisions, decisions :think:

We've a couple of little chores to attend to up the High Street, and generally shall strive to keep out of mischief. Can't think of owt else specifically :money:so will vamoose.

Ta for checking in. Appreciated. Greatly.

Greying X

Bulk Fund April 0/£10

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Normal service is resuming, bananas continue to be purchased and bg aces new experiences
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    GP - it is just so good to have you back! Your daily report of clan GP antics have brought a much needed smile to my face this morning :D

OH made a dregs of the fridge/freezer/cupboard stir fry last night & used up 'the last of' many bits - it was sooooo delicious & cost a fraction of the same offering at the (not so) local chinese take-away! He specifically said 'you can report that cooking success back to your ladies' :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Good Evening :hello:

Well, heckington's wellingtons, did i ever peak twirly in being grateful for BG's growing confidence. Today saw the flipside - i'm talking m.e.l.t.d.o.w.n. people :( It took us over 90 minutes to get back from the High Street :( normally it takes about 20 - 25. Ho Humsky.

In better news.......... um...................

We did have the opportunity to help out one of our Senior Citizen friends, by running a little errand for them. We only had to make a little diversion, it was an adventure, and I was happy to do it. I'm always happy to help if I can, and they are always so pleased to see BG that it restores your faith in human nature if it has taken a bit of a bashing.

H0me bargins was all out of fruit :( In fact, there were quite alot of gaps on the shelves. Is snow forecast? Did I miss something?

I need to pay my credit card bill, I shall do that just now, as the money has been shuffled into the right place to meet the demand.

DH picked up a bit of shopping on the way home, so I must settle up with him. We've bust the budget for April, and i'm in no mood to apologise for it. It's just one of those things. I can only hope to do better in May. Tea this evening was not what was planned, but as the 'chef' (:p) fell into an exhausted stupor on the couch - following in the footsteps of an overwrought toddler (they were asleep for 3 hours!!!) - prep time went out of the window, so fish fingers, baked tatties and baked beans came to the rescue.

Today i am grateful for;

reading that meltdowns for little people are normal, and that there is only so much you can do - somedays you just have to 'suck it up' and try again tomorrow.......

being able to help/being trusted to help

sunshine to dry more washing.......... :o

Ta for popping in. I'm away to Bedfordshire. I'm exhausted.

Greying X

Bulk Fund April 0/£10

• MatyMoo
    MatyMoo Posts: 3,167 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So lovely to have you back GP!

Ah yes, the terrible two’s (insert rolls eyes emoji) - there is no reasoning, no logic and what caused today’s meltdown could be a thing of joy tomorrow! Having not been blessed with a little person of my own I never want to be one of those tut tutting spinsters who makes nasty comments about badly behaved kiddiwinks. If the opportunity arises I try to help ( if Mum is struggling with steps, a pushchair, door, tantruming toddler) or give them a wry smile or cheery comment. I did laugh in a large shopping centre when I saw a toddler on the floor screaming, all limbs going, and nobody obviously with her - except for mum & dad peaking around the corner of a nearby shop doorway! Once she realised she was on her own she picked herself straight up, looked about for them and ran towards them giggling :)
    :j Proud Member of Mike's Mob :j
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Welcome back GP, so lovely to see you here again! :j

As for tantrumming toddlers... I confess that apparently i was once that small child screaming on the floor of the supermarket :o my mum apparently also walked off and left me, and when i realised, i too stopped screaming pretty sharpish... :o

Not that I'm advocating that as a strategy! :eek: although my mum had since said 'who would have run off with you when you were making a noise like that?? I could still hear you from the next aisle!" :rotfl:

I also once remember an adult neighbour stomping past our house, arms and legs flailing, shouting and screaming - trying to demonstrate to her bemused (and previously screaming) toddler that she could do a better tantrum :rotfl:

And once my sister was carrying her screaming youngest son in the supermarket when an elderly lady asked 'is he your first?' and my sister said 'no, my third' - the lady looked at my nephew and said 'I'd stop now, you don't stand a chance of winning' :rotfl: (my sister was tantrum Queen herself as a child so was far more stubborn than her own kids) :rotfl:

So no, it's not just BG :rotfl:

(And you're right, that world does seem a better place when the sun is shining!)

Xx
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Greying_Pilgrim Posts: 5,427 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

MatyMoo wrote: »
    Having not been blessed with a little person of my own I never want to be one of those tut tutting spinsters who makes nasty comments about badly behaved kiddiwinks. If the opportunity arises I try to help

Thank you for your kind words and support :D BG wasn't tantrumming in doors tho :( And it seems the population of Greying Town are less than forgiving nor accommodating - they seem oblivious to the fact you are struggling, and still try to walk or cycle thru you. In fact MatyMoo, someone who had watched us clearly struggling for nearly 5 minutes waved their leaflet for their 'particular concern du jour' under my nose as they passed and screeched, 'have your heard about our public meeting? Are you concerned about X'. They were lucky I was so preoccupied about BG's safety and try very hard to never, ever use bad lanuage in front of a little person, because my goodness, they could have got both barrels by that stage in our journey.............. so selfish. I would have far more respect for them had they said nowt, not tried to help, not tried to engage with BG; just said nowt. I'm not so concerned about what other people think, safety of BG is always my top concern - and where we were yesterday, I could not have left BG even for a nano-second. But I agree with the concept in a confined space :D

Plus i'm sure I was a tantrum diva - I certainly remember having an epic strop when I was alot older than BG. Alot older :o Luckily we were in the countryside, and not in a heaving public place, but still :o:rotfl:

Yesterday may have been a blip, or it may become the norm _pale_ We'll just have to see. Quite a bit of change is being navigated at the mo, plus I had underestimated how tired they were. There is a connection there that I can learn from :o

Onwards and upwards :)

Cheery, wot you doing up so early in the morn?

I've GOT to make a nice tea tonight, as I've a pack of smoked tofu quietly marching towards it's use-by date in the fridge. Of course, yesterday's sun has yet to make an appearance, so salad isn't as appealing.......

I didn't phone the credit card co. last night, so I must do that. More sorting to do - I've made space in BG's drawers for some 'hand-me-downs' that they have received, and which now are fitting, so must get and sort all that. It will free up storage elsewhere :j which is desperately needed for winter bedding storage :D

Right, best shift-a-tailfeather and get to it. Time is a-ticking.

Ta for popping by. Appreciated.

Greying X

Bulk Fund April 0/£10

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure