Comments

• derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Already stated on reply #20
    Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• COVKID
    COVKID Posts: 277 Forumite
    Just deposited a Building society cheque from my acc. made out to me into my Barclays current acc. Told that cheque needed 5 days to clear. When i told them that funds had to be in the B/S acc to get the cheque they said it did'nt matter still had to wait 5 days.Is this the policy in all banks
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Yes,they make money out of your money on the overnight markets.
    If it is for a substantial sum,it may be cheaper to use a CHAPS transfer or have the cheque fast track cleared (not the tech term,but I can`t remember it) although this will cost,it may be cheaper than loss of interest depending on value of cheque
    Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• COVKID
    COVKID Posts: 277 Forumite
    Thank you for reply, will remember it in future.Of course the guy at bank did not offer any options.
  • KK
    KK Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Direct - no contest! I have no experience of Smile but I have found FD to be brilliant. I have been a very satisfied cusatomer for 13 years and have several savings accounts, me and hubby have a Visa card each, they pay all my bills, I have a joint cheque account and a sole cheque account plus my mortgage is now with them. They are consistently helpful, reasonable, efficient, rarely make mistakes and I LOVE them. They pay all my bills and text me my bank balances every week which is superb. They can delivery travel money to your door, insure your house. Look on this board for a £25 injection into the account when you open it! You can use HSBC branches to pay in and draw out cash.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure