Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    • 13,824Posts
    • 47,316Thanks
    savingwannabe
    The Happy Savings Fund
    • 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    The Happy Savings Fund 18th Feb 15 at 6:31 PM
    I am going to copy over all my posts about my new kitchen or lack of it!!!!

I am changing my thread name back to a more saving focussed one so I don't get distracted.

Addendum: I have changed the name again as I am planning to chill out now I have savings and am going to continue to save for happy times. lol.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 03-12-2016 at 8:16 PM. Reason: to re-focus my savings
    Christmas Fund 88
    Reminder: NO FLEABAY MARCH!!!!
Page 106
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 28th Feb 19, 10:53 PM
    • 13,824 Posts
    • 47,316 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Thank you Skinty. I am only well off and saving due to lodger and no council tax this month still Im making the most of it. I feel like a squirrel!!!!
    Christmas Fund 88
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 2nd Mar 19, 9:20 PM
    • 13,824 Posts
    • 47,316 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I spent 16 on internet security. Other than that Im being good.
    Christmas Fund 88
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 4th Mar 19, 6:29 PM
    • 13,824 Posts
    • 47,316 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I have a badge from Badger. Thank you MSE Badger I am officially 9 years old in MSE years.

Well it might be my age or the blooming awful weather but I haven't spent any more money and plan to keep it like this till the weekend. Yay to extra savings.

I am becoming a hermit and will talk to the mothballs in my purse. lol. It is nice to save a bit extra which I can do hopefully this month as there is no council tax or water bill and I might get something back from Outfox the Market

Fingers crossed. Please let this last.
    Christmas Fund 88
    • Kittikins
    • By Kittikins 4th Mar 19, 8:19 PM
    • 5,161 Posts
    • 44,304 Thanks
    Kittikins
    You go girl! I'm still letting money flow through my fingers....but this weekend, over 200 of it was on getting one of my poor little kitties fixed up after he somehow got a deep cut on one of his back legs
    Sealed tin and beach 2p saving - trying to put everything under 1 in my purse in tins each day
    Moved house with my beloved DD and KW - 29.6.18
    • pinknsparkly
    • By pinknsparkly 8th Mar 19, 7:56 PM
    • 313 Posts
    • 719 Thanks
    pinknsparkly
    Ooooh, happy MSE birthday!! I'll keep everything crossed for you that the no spend can continue a while yet

Speaking of no council tax or water bill, I've just done the complete opposite and changed our direct debits so that we pay every month rather than over ten months or every six months (I changed the council tax some time last year and the water bill this month). I'm *hoping* that means that as our outgoings are more consistent each month, our savings will also be more consistent!
    MFW 2019 challenge #99: 656.45 / 6,000
    MFiT-T5 (Jan 2019 - Jan 2022) challenge #99: 656.45 / 30,000
    Save 12k in 2019 challenge #99: 6290 / 12,000
    2019 keep moving challenge: 120.9 / 1000 miles
    Last updated: 08/03/2019
    Initial MF date (18th Dec 2018): Jan 2054 Current MF date: Jan 2053
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 10th Mar 19, 6:24 AM
    • 3,487 Posts
    • 19,147 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Oh to be 9 years old again *sigh

Would you do anything differently if you had your time over again ?

Hope you have got a whacking refund from OFTM

How is the no fleabay month going SW ?
    Balance 0% credit card to pay 1360 1310 1210 1160 1110 1060 998 948 898 848

Emergency fund 150/500
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 10th Mar 19, 9:34 AM
    • 13,824 Posts
    • 47,316 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Im dying Skinty.DYING. DYING. It is so boring not being able to nip to town or on fleabay to do some browsing as I know this will lead to spending.

However I did blow 5 on my kids as I was inspected and they put on such an act for the inspectors and made me sound like a proper teacher!!!! I came in the next lesson armed with sweeties and we munched and studied as a reward.

I have little tasks to do this weekend for work and haven't done anything yet! The weather is so blustery I keep looking outside rather than working. I will have another cup of tea and will work after lunch.

Skinty, if I had my time over again I would just go for the jobs that paid the best and not spend so much so I could have retired by now. I would also have bought my house much earlier so I didn't have to pay a ridiculous mortgage! Overall though I am happy. I wouldn't have enjoyed my life and I have so no regrets.
    Christmas Fund 88
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 11th Mar 19, 6:00 PM
    • 13,824 Posts
    • 47,316 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I popped into work for two hours and got a big headache.
    I bought crisps & ham on the way home to cheer up.

Still the days are getting brighter and it is nearly summer. Hurrah.
    Christmas Fund 88
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 12th Mar 19, 5:47 PM
    • 13,824 Posts
    • 47,316 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Loads of work has been dumped on my team. Guess which muggins has been stitched up with it????? Im drinking tea having an early night and will wake up at 4 to do it as too knackered to do any more right now.

Roll on the weekend.
    Christmas Fund 88
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 14th Mar 19, 6:54 PM
    • 13,824 Posts
    • 47,316 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Ok I worked so hard this week and have decided to treat myself to a bit of a Chinese. I spent only 5 but still feel I have had a reward! So far I have spent 30 on food and fun this month. That is it and we are half way through the month. Pretty good going I reckon.

I am taking tonight off and will aim to work all this weekend if my health allows it. Im just going to pretend I am 21 again.
    Christmas Fund 88
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 15th Mar 19, 7:14 AM
    • 3,487 Posts
    • 19,147 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Hope you are ok SW not overdoing it. I think it's awful that they have dumped all the extra work on you. Yay to Chinese you deserve a treat hope you had a good rest last night
    Balance 0% credit card to pay 1360 1310 1210 1160 1110 1060 998 948 898 848

Emergency fund 150/500
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 16th Mar 19, 2:49 PM
    • 13,824 Posts
    • 47,316 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Skinty we dont have any choice.

I have spent today chilling and doing housework. I've still got to mop the floors. Supermarket shop was 35 (10 spent on travel) and I bought some yellow stickered herb plants to put in garden.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; Yesterday at 6:34 PM.
    Christmas Fund 88
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 17th Mar 19, 7:11 AM
    • 13,824 Posts
    • 47,316 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    It is gorgeous outside which is great after the last few days of rain and storms. Today I'm going to mark and help handyman when he comes.
    Christmas Fund 88
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 20th Mar 19, 6:34 PM
    • 13,824 Posts
    • 47,316 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I have done much of the extra work. I will have more to do this weekend and hopefully that is it.

I withdrew 10 to pay for a work do and 5 sponsorship.5 left to last till end of week.
    Christmas Fund 88
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

69Posts Today

2,236Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • 10 ways you should act now to beat April bill shocks - council tax UP, stamp prices UP, TV licence UP, energy bills? https://t.co/WiOWiogCCA

• I have a confession to make... I think I now prefer Young Sheldon to The Big Bang Theory (or at least to the recent series). Am I alone?

• RT @TDHPhotography: Thank you @MartinSLewis After seeing your show on Council tax exemption for severe mental disorders, after a brief batt?

• Follow Martin