Options
124»

Comments

• ratechaser
    ratechaser Posts: 1,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    JCS1 wrote: »
    No incentive, other than they won't get their redundancy payment. Employer will insist all paperwork complete first.

Well it would be interesting to see one of those tested in court, if they are trying to get employees to contractually waive any rights, impose any non-compete/solicitation terms, or include any other NDA type restrictions; and yet not offer anything beyond what you're entitled to anyway...

Very poor show really. I do hope at least the company pays for independent legal advice for the employee before they sign anything.
  • ententecordiale
    Options
    I must admit the first thing that crossed my mind after reading the agreement is I didn't see any advantage to me.

They are only paying the minimum they have too and I have to sign an agreement that appears to benefit them
  • ratechaser
    ratechaser Posts: 1,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I must admit the first thing that crossed my mind after reading the agreement is I didn't see any advantage to me.

They are only paying the minimum they have too and I have to sign an agreement that appears to benefit them

And did the independent legal advice you got on this, paid for by your employer, confirm that it was in your interest to sign?

Or were they too cheap/stupid even to pay for that, thereby making the agreement even less enforceable that it already was...?

(Makes mental bet with self as to what answer will be :rotfl: )
  • ententecordiale
    Options
    They raised some points about the contents and batted it back to my employer. I will sign it and move on.
  • Masomnia
    Masomnia Posts: 19,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If all they have put in the agreement is minimum legal entitlement then I think it is worth asking them what is in it for you if you are going to sign away your rights. Even if they only offer a small amount more if you don't ask you don't get!
    “I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.” - P.G. Wodehouse
  • ententecordiale
    Options
    I thought I'd pop back and update this thread since the dust has settled. The redundancy is finished, I received my payment and references and left in the middle of May,

I took three weeks off for a holiday and to sort some other things out (my mum passed away last year and I had to finish sorting out her estate and I moved abroad)

I was offered a job on a lower salary than what I was on previously but with the prospect of moving to another department after 6 months that would put me back to the same level. I have to think about it though as I'm not sure it is necessarily worth the stress

Overall though its not been too bad and I just wanted people to know there is hope after leaving a company after the amount of time I was there.

Thank you everyone also for the support and help,it was very much appreciated
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure