Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 62
    • Dizzy101
    • By Dizzy101 13th Feb 19, 8:12 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Dizzy101
    So I’ve found out where my parcel is with hermes, it’s in a depot not far from me. Does anyone know if it’s possible to collect from any of there depots? As it’s been sat there a week so it’s clearly not planning to be moved on
    • antispam246
    • By antispam246 22nd Feb 19, 11:37 AM
    • 901 Posts
    • 734 Thanks
    antispam246
    Been meaning to ask for awhile, as the article was last updated Dec 2018, I'm wondering if there are perhaps better alternatives as of late, specifically for

1) small parcels with low valuation, e.g. 20. I've was using parcel2go > Hermes but realised that going directly through Hermes with TCB (cashback) is cheaper. Is there anything out there cheaper for small parcel < 20?

2) small and medium parcels with high valuations > 20. I believe RM are the only ones that group the insurance costs into different tiers whereas others apply the same calculation depending on he overall value (could be wrong).

From what I can tell, RM generally work out cheaper here as other parties charge significantly more for larger insurance.

So, is there anything better cost wise for both small parcels < 20 than hermes+cashback and for small/medium parcels > 20 with RM?

Just want to ensure I'm not missing out.

On a completely unrelated note, as I browsed through the last few pages of this thread, and generally do whenever I frequent it I notice alot of the comments are about how company "X" is terrible, followed by the personal experience.

For someone who has sold bits and bobs frequently over the years of all sorts and all prices, I have found (in my own personal experience) Hermes and parcel2go to be exceptional and Royal Mail to be utterly terrible. Having shipped hundreds of parcels with my hermes over the years domestically and internationally, I have had one single incident of a missing parcel, which was to Romania and was fully refunded, without issue after following procedure.

I won't even go into the issues I've had with RM, as they are countless.

• vitruvius
    • By vitruvius 23rd Feb 19, 2:03 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    vitruvius
    On your point 2. If you read the carriers' small print. (exclusions and exceptions) you will find that they will insure anything ... as long as it is neither valuable nor breakable.
    Some, (Royal Mail) try to value a thing at the price you PAID not the price you SOLD it for. "caveat (as ever) emptor"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

66Posts Today

2,355Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • 10 ways you should act now to beat April bill shocks - council tax UP, stamp prices UP, TV licence UP, energy bills? https://t.co/WiOWiogCCA

• I have a confession to make... I think I now prefer Young Sheldon to The Big Bang Theory (or at least to the recent series). Am I alone?

• RT @TDHPhotography: Thank you @MartinSLewis After seeing your show on Council tax exemption for severe mental disorders, after a brief batt?

• Follow Martin