How old is your Christmas tree?

Comments

• tiernsee
    tiernsee Posts: 296 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    26+ years
    We have a green artificial tree bought from Studio Cards in about 1990. A couple of years ago I got a new black one intending to replace the green one but ended up with one in the lounge and one in the dining room, despite my protestations the green one has stayed in the lounge and this shows no signs of changing....
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 3 January 2019 at 11:49AM
    Just spotted this!!!! Mine turned 30 this Christmas. I can only remember when I got it because it was the year I bought a house. Homebase had some kind of loyalty scheme at the time and with all of points we earned on paint and the other bits and bobs we bought to decorate, we ended up with a "free" 7 foot fake tree (not tinsel) which we used our points to "buy".

We have a lot of decorations, collected over decades, and don't use all of them every year. Some of the decorations are older than I am, many were made by me when I was little (including some that I know were cut from my mums magazines and cut pasted on cardboard), a few from the days when Woolworths still used the "Winfield" logo and also we have quite a few that our son made, and some we bought when we went a bit mad in the Range a couple of years ago when they were practically giving away the last of their decorations in the sale!!

I won't be owning up to my age, by the way, but I am not quite double the age of my tree!!
  • Alikay
    Alikay Posts: 5,147 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    26+ years
    Mine is 31 years old- came from Woolworth's in Gillingham and has a price of £12 printed on the box, though I have a feeling it was reduced. Every year I gaze in awe at the gorgeous pre-lit Balsalm Hill trees in the garden centres but can't justify the price tag.
  • Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    26+ years
    I bought a tiny Christmas tree in a pot over 40 years ago and planted it in the garden. Every year it was dug up and brought into the house. It wasn't that big when I split up with my ex and moved out about 15 years later. He still lives in the house, and the Christmas tree is still in the garden...it's now taller than the house!
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    26+ years
    Well, my 30 year old tree has just gone back in the loft and we've decided that we'll continue to use it (it's perfect for my many glass baubles) until it 'dies'.
    Hopefully, by that time both us us will be too old to bother with decorating a Christmas tree. :D
  • styxx
    styxx Posts: 10 Forumite
    My tree fairy is about 62 years old, but she is holding up very well :)
  • 6-10 years
    Zero! Like most men i don't bother.

I guess I'm not like most men then, as my tree is 6 years old and is out and decorated every Christmas without fail! :-D
  • We have one that turned 14 years old last Christmas.
  • Anoneemoose
    Anoneemoose Posts: 2,258 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Mine is about 10, but my mum and dad have a white one they got in 1985, which they still put up. It has white lights and pink decorations and although it sounds tacky, it looks fab! It goes out of and comes back into fashion regularly!:rotfl:

We (my sisters and I) won’t let them get rid, in fact, my sister said she’s having it when she leaves home!

They also have a huge real tree in the hall every year. Presents go under the white one though.
  • 26+ years
    25 plus years and still as good as new

PDbbZXe_A80EeL6gFopuSc0xGt0xOXtIpv3c7cgvHF7n3zzv6ARCsa6rtHUI_FZT_HcMF7KNwjg0JSzluQ0LCfXLXEwkcFckLvq5ZYmmTvu9MGxQEIHedCIr5mFgxIDykiNJwsWLxFnkESwDh65IdVhA3MJaMaOx9FDuBZpLA6Ixfk8BxQHGsPk8QGFBO_WLqNUMkZH0_bIu4TEGYSf4VnDxzlKkwFZpSqn08a_k98S_0Lp31lX_qYWgLSXOKH503Ajxf7ukZAlEQ-5J8kIhHMGDg5213lEwoCiQSae79l0nb1KyqKPUbHXzkDa9As9XWrtye94kxMX5FdMrccR1WBYI1mHg00J99OoNCjDMnxIVbDauPftv9sRNCIhPtKcDi4Lg3DoYWZJ6PvC-FYQDxUkTn-EoNko611r1cbqd7rOchUVaU-AIrX0w28Sup2Nc_ukMtODtqmyasof67-3BETmdAS4o3FyPIseH7QpUIGgFNVN307A5CzIDrzAGTfZ8-tL0jGdw3c07vAeXA0XBbVeuQN-f9e2eNb5fKUW35EoeZ5Q_na8G4ok10zHXEsSYoO4hamZyj9_mdme91F1pIpIgQMendIV0aCCRYxkusBGyqjTMPwylc4BHuVWWEf5bTmxDHgsOFEcMNxmPHn4cQyRMMQTNkpNZ_4GeDBX6esF1pR4tE1puIx8=w1080-h1440-no?.jpg
    If I ruled the world.......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport