Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JustAnotherSaver
    • By JustAnotherSaver 8th Nov 18, 8:13 PM
    • 3,653Posts
    • 589Thanks
    JustAnotherSaver
    Feedback - are people bothering any more?
    • 8th Nov 18, 8:13 PM
    Feedback - are people bothering any more? 8th Nov 18 at 8:13 PM
    Now of course that's a very blanket like question and there are people who do.

I've sold here & there over the years. I'd never call myself a big seller - i'd just be getting rid of stuff i no longer want so i may sell 1 item in a 6 month spell or i may be selling (or trying to) 20 items in a fortnight.

Years ago when i started doing it people left feedback quite quickly. I don't think i listed anything throughout 2016 and most of 2017 until the very back end. I've noticed lately people just don't seem to bother leaving feedback. It either comes very 'late' or mostly not at all.

Anyone else notice this or just a coincidence for me? I posted 5 items off last week which all landed early this week. I've had 1 feedback. Years ago it would've been at least 3 or possibly 4 by now.

Page 2
    • mark88man
    • By mark88man 8th Dec 18, 9:56 AM
    • 3,793 Posts
    • 8,676 Thanks
    mark88man
    Its all a bit tit for tat here. As a sporadic seller and buyer, I always leave feedback when the buyer has paid. Maybe I am setting myself up for a fall but that just seems the obvious thing to do.

I think you are all trying to edge the system a bit so you come out on top (by your definition of top), when everyone would be better off being a bit more in the spirit of the system. I came looking for this thread as I am on 0 for 4 feedback on my recent items and wondered if it was just me

If I was a buyer and I didn't get feedback I wouldn't use you again - honestly what does a buyer have to do other than pay. All your rationale not to do this are just basically telling me you think I'm out to scam to you or that I should be more grateful for buying than you are for selling and neither are a good basis for business IMHO
    Things happen for a reason. Often the reason is we are stupid & make bad decisions.
    Weight/Health - Fluctuating - better than I was worse than I should be
    End 18: CC:8K@0% - Car Loan:11K@2.8% - Mort:133K@2.1% = 152K
    Decrease in Total Debt 2016:13.4K 2017:8.3K 2018:20K

• ophiuchus
    • By ophiuchus 8th Dec 18, 7:03 PM
    • 201 Posts
    • 317 Thanks
    ophiuchus
    I rarely leave feedback on amazon, but try to remember on EBay.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

73Posts Today

2,295Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • 10 ways you should act now to beat April bill shocks - council tax UP, stamp prices UP, TV licence UP, energy bills? https://t.co/WiOWiogCCA

• I have a confession to make... I think I now prefer Young Sheldon to The Big Bang Theory (or at least to the recent series). Am I alone?

• RT @TDHPhotography: Thank you @MartinSLewis After seeing your show on Council tax exemption for severe mental disorders, after a brief batt?

• Follow Martin