Over the hill and drowning

Options

Comments

• millymolly22
    Options
    If I was you I would contact Stepchange....they really helped me when I hit the brick wall and realised I couldn't do it anymore, which is how you come across.

You have enough excess income to make a dent in your debts if they stop charging the large interest amounts which Stepchange can advise you about.

Good luck:)
  • 117pauline
    Options
    Hi Fay

Welcome to the debt free board. We are friendly here.

It sounds to me that it would be helpful if you could take a step back. I think you have got the enthusiasm to sort this but are feeling overwhelmed.

Your SOA is a work in progress but I would recommend that you keep a spending diary to check how accurate it is. I know it is a pain but record each purchase as it happens.

How are things going with Christmas? Have you finished your shopping?

My thoughts on your SOA
    • is Studio, fashion world and very all 0% APR
    • there are no payments showing for studio and fashion world
    • littlewoods - £20 is still showing as an expense
    • 2 free months of council tax £192 - pay straight to 118 118 loan
    • Jan 18 - change to council tax - £60
    • April 18 - £50 rent reduction

So your SOA will change considerably in your favour.

You have mentioned reducing clothes, groceries, presents and holidays but I am not sure if that change is on it?

Have you thought of doing surveys to increase your income? It's possible to earn at least £70 per month although many of us earn considerably more.

All these are simply ideas. Perhaps you could list each outgoing and make notes where you could cut back.

It is definitely worth contacting your satellite and phone providers to ask to reduce your packages. Step Change can help with impartial free advice.

There are so many ideas here so I had best stop now.

All I can do is to wish you success on your debt free journey. Take care
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • fay66
    fay66 Posts: 744 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    117pauline wrote: »
    Hi Fay

Welcome to the debt free board. We are friendly here.

It sounds to me that it would be helpful if you could take a step back. I think you have got the enthusiasm to sort this but are feeling overwhelmed.

Your SOA is a work in progress but I would recommend that you keep a spending diary to check how accurate it is. I know it is a pain but record each purchase as it happens.

How are things going with Christmas? Have you finished your shopping?

My thoughts on your SOA
    • is Studio, fashion world and very all 0% APR
    • there are no payments showing for studio and fashion world
    • littlewoods - £20 is still showing as an expense
    • 2 free months of council tax £192 - pay straight to 118 118 loan
    • Jan 18 - change to council tax - £60
    • April 18 - £50 rent reduction

So your SOA will change considerably in your favour.

You have mentioned reducing clothes, groceries, presents and holidays but I am not sure if that change is on it?

Have you thought of doing surveys to increase your income? It's possible to earn at least £70 per month although many of us earn considerably more.

All these are simply ideas. Perhaps you could list each outgoing and make notes where you could cut back.

It is definitely worth contacting your satellite and phone providers to ask to reduce your packages. Step Change can help with impartial free advice.

There are so many ideas here so I had best stop now.

All I can do is to wish you success on your debt free journey. Take care
    Pauline
    I forgot about free council tax months, yes ill pay this on 118118,
    and my council tax from april will be 96 will have paid the debt off due to my daughter claiming work tax credit even though she was in college, long story , but she has left home now

i will speak to sky and ee tomorrow weekends is normally china
    studio fashion world dont pay til jan .
    xmas presents . Ive decided some of my impulse purchases i havent used ie a river island handbag my sister can have for xmas
    bought my daughter small bits, she wants a tv??? no saving for this i only get paid 22/12 pip 31st dec wages 30th november wages
    also rent will reduce to 410 a month from february
    may just not belt in for next few months, also on annual leave 2jan so will not have a huge petrol amount
    Debt £10k , HMRC £3K old debt £4k Jan 2021
    Had biatric surgery was 135k 2016 now 97kilo 22.1.20 up to 106 kilo 12.1.21
    Travel plans New York 2021 New year cancelled due to covid
  • fay66 wrote: »
    Put a list together Wannabe
    Sky - to call
    EE to call
    clothing to reduce budget of £50 normally use catalogues because of mobility but i suppose i could use the minimum payments as 0

Littlewoods is being paid by my mum, so will alter this

home insurance - but was best quote at time and covered my india holiday and contents out of home

Groceries will reduce - next pay day 30th Nov have shopped this week - iceland £45 will last til next Saturday and pet food all bought

car parking with badge is free , I cant walk that far and it is more or less door shopping

50 for presents havent saved so far this year , so yes can reduce for next year say £20 just have one daughter shes 21 but she did ask for a tv.? for her bedroom for this year

Holidays had a weekend break this year £150 that is , with suffering from depression , thought it might help this was a projection of future

emergency fund - no i dont save £50 amonth it is a projection of the future- have 2 dogs insured one has had a big operation £100 excess, 2 cats un insured ?
    please reply back .[/Q]

Well done for your plan so far.

Is your daughter aware of your financial situation? If you really want to get her a TV, can you ask other relatives to chip in?

Vet bills are always difficult, is there a maximum excess per year for the dogs? In an ideal world you would also have money set aside for the cats, do they go outside?
  • Is £200 a month really a lot for groceries including 2 dogs and 2 cats, Toiletries and all meals For the whole month.
    I would have thought this was about right.
    I guess it depends on individual circumstances, if you can afford it, fine. But there is definitely room to cut it down.

Good to see OP is already taking steps to reduce her spending.
  • fay66
    Options
    Update update
    Had a light bulb moment, put my spare room for rent , for £300 and got a guy comming tomorrow bit worried, but he works full time and might be an advantage with my pets,
    also not spent since saturday, had a refund on my pets at home £10 over charged so cash in bank £31 but have to get a £5 santa gift out of this any ideas for a bloke
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Well done on advertising your room. If that works out it will make all the difference :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • fay66
    Options
    Update lodger moving in on Friday, seems ok, same age as me lol

£300 more for this month fingers crossed it all happens then will update soa

Need cat biscuits today normally go pets at home with discounts will do this buy in bulk and they seem to have a lot of dog mixer on offer
    not recieved vouchers this month which is strange
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,273 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope lodger works out well.
    If it does that will be just fab :)
    Can I suggest you have a chat about house rules.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I agree with Beanie. House rules will avoid any confusion. Well done on taking a brave step to get yourself out of debt.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills