PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 5th June 2017

Comments

• rb6ac
    rb6ac Posts: 611 Forumite
    Thanks for the list! I'm in!

Had a week off last week as the task from the previous Friday ended up taking me days to do - a real Room of Doom that needed to be tackled properly as we had boxes and boxes of stuff in there from our recent move and now its sorted so time well spent.

X
  • LoLo
    LoLo Posts: 545 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Can I join in please? I need to try and get myself into a good routine with the tidying and cleaning and do a bit each day rather than spending one day at the weekend frantically running around trying to clean a whole house.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    OK been food shopping and put away.

Got washing back in off the line as it is now raining
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077 Forumite
    edited 6 June 2017 at 5:42PM
    Welcome LoLo! :wave: You're absolutely right - little and often is much more effective than leaving it all for the weekend.

Still running to catch up here, but we're managing to stay on top of bins, bed changing, laundry and washing up, so that's a start. Will run the stick cleaner around the sitting and dining room before I got to the dentist this afternoon but I fear that's all I'll manage today.

(((hugs))) all round to Flyladies coping with stress. Good on you for taking action to put a stop to it, rather than trying to soldier on trying to cope.
    Better is good enough.
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi all, and welcome Lolo xx

Thanks for the lists, I will be in, eventually, but I'm just at my assignment again, then going to the dentist, then my dad has just asked for a lift to the airport. Can hardly say no since he sent me some money towards our flights later in the summer, that we booked last night :A

By the time I get back it'll be school run time, so I'll see to the kitchen after dinner, whatever that turns out to be!

I did tidy up after breakfast! Right, must go as my appointment is in half an hour.

Lordy it's grim out there today!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Duckydo
    Duckydo Posts: 100 Forumite
    Sounds like it's dentist day today as DD and I have just come back from them as well. Been told I've got to keep cleaning a wisdom tooth really well otherwise it'll need filling.

Tidied up morning gibble upstairs, s&s'd bathroom and made a rain gauge with DD, plus top up food shopping so far. Going to sort out washing and washing up next.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,982 Forumite
    Well that happened... NOT!!

Pixie was still off nursery as it is 'transition day' ... whatever that means, other than she was home all day. Twinkle is glued to my boob/lap/arm/leg in a never ending loop of *stop touching me* I did manage to palm her off on DS3 long enough to load the DW twice.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hi girls and a warm welcome Lolo :wave:

I have been a busy flylady today. I've gutted the boys' room, sorted toys, folded clothes, changed their beds and made it smell nice. I am inordinately proud. Yes, I know today was the kitchen, but I'm only halfway through that.

WM on and TD too as it is pouring down, but guess what!? The new underground drainage system is working!!! No standing water or ingress into the kitchen. At last! :j Needed some rain to test it out. Yippee! Just need to get the flood wall built and I may well have a dry island in the monsoon season :D.

Good luck with your guests Kaz - six weeks is a long time. Sounds like your pad is spotless though!

Waiting for Small at Karate and Tiny has nodded off, which is good as he's been rather trying today. Had to scrape him off at preschool this morning and he's been grumpy all afternoon. Ho-hum, what's new?

Got an hour of ironing in too, while it was raining, then had an unexpected site meeting as my builder missed me while I was away last week. Apparently DH isn't as organised or knowledgeable as me :rotfl:

Soda blasting planned in the middle room this evening, if the crucible doesn't clog up with moisture.

Laters x
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,982 Forumite
    DD3's prom dress came this afternoon.. it is absolutely lovely.. I hung it in DD3's room to surprise her.. the ungrateful little mare hasn't said thank you and has told DS3 she doesn't like it... I swear I may strangle her.. well she is wearing it or not going I don't care.. Sometimes she is so utterly belonging to CF!

Kitchen swept
    DW redone
    Dinner cooked and scoffed.. now to get beasties to bed!

Pi disposed of a ratty!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Still very wet here. Littlies both in bed so I'm just having a cuppa and some cereal before I go finish the kitchen. DW has been on, just a few cups to sort.

I won't be mopping tonight though!

Got back from airport in time for the school run - just - traffic heavier than expected. Ah well. Dad gave me a birthday card too, and I his Father's Day card since they are away for a month. He also said he'll check out different hire cars and kiddie seats while they are out there for when we go. I said I'd sort airport parking.

Popped into cheapy shop for loo rolls earlier, and they had sachets of our favourite once-a-day sunscreen. Looks like enough to cover the three of us in each, and would save me decanting into small bottles, as we are only taking carry-on luggage.

Early night for me tonight - Mr A shop coming first thing!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family