* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

• Hello i'd love to join you all I have lurked on and off for a few years but after last Christmas being a disaster its spurred me on to having a much better one next year!

I'm Steph and I'm 31 I live with my husband and six children (13,11,9,7,5,3), I am a full time carer to my husband who is anorexic and has mental health problems and one of my daughters who is autistic and home schooled as they cant support her needs currently.
    Two of my girls are autistic, another is suspected adhd and another has an eating disorder so life is completely out of control hence the awful Christmas just gone but I am determined to make the next one the best yet.

Hope to get to know you all throughout the year and get some fab ideas from you all.

Steph x
  • Welcome to the thread pinklady1985. :)
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Welcome PINKLADY1985, you've certainly got a lot on your shoulders but you'll definitely find support to make Christmas better on here.

CRAZYCATLADY the craft challenge started last summer. 0462 gives us a topic each month and then anyone who wants to does something crafty based on that topic. At the end of each month we list pictures of our finished items. There's no pressure to join in and as you can see quite a few of us have fallen off the wagon this time lol - me included.:o

MURIE glad to see you back.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Welcome Pinklady1985 - You sound like you have a lot on your plate.I have on a smaller scale some of the same issues , an almost 20 yr old with among other issues Autism. Over the years i have gone from desperately trying to have "the perfect" Christmas to a more relaxed day fitted around her needs.Last Christmas was the 1st one in years that we all ate the same meal [chilli] it was even cooked by DD in the slow cooker.

I have my Diabetic eye screening at 9am oh how i hate those eye drops i'm sure they are made from nettles !
  • CHRISSYG wrote: »

I have my Diabetic eye screening at 9am oh how i hate those eye drops i'm sure they are made from nettles !

Swap your appointment with my 40 mins session at 9 at the dentist, have fractured a tooth, so going to fit a crown:D
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,302 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Welcome Pink lady.If you have lurked like I did for a long time before joining in,it will feel like you already know us so jump right in and chat away.

Nice to hear from you Murie.x

I will pass on the eye drops and dentist thanks,Chrissy and GTQ.:(

Free I love the blue bird,will you frame it?

I have finished my bird craft but am waiting for I T support to visit to post a picture.She is in Amsterdam at the moment.It will not be to everyones taste but I like it,lord knows what I will do with it.

I have been feeling most fed up and just out of sorts this week.I wonder if it's part of the virus iv'e had.My son suggested I might have vitamin D deficiency.When I looked it up it said 70% of us were deficient to some extent.I am going to go a walk today as there is a yellow thing in the sky which is unusual.I am hoping I will feel energised afterwards and actually get my finger out and do something which would make me feel better,just cant be bothered at the moment.

DD2 is off school today as she is very poorly with the lurgy I had last week.I feel like i want to wash the whole house in bleach but can't be bothered:rotfl:

Right! I WILL HAVE A BATH,WILL GO A WALK,then we shall see.

Laters x
     :
  • Clumsy42
    Clumsy42 Posts: 166 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Murie - Sorry for your loss. xx

Afternoon everyone. Not sure when I last posted so I'll just say thanks for the birthday wishes. Birthday cake and the pizza were both amazing.

Had a bit of a week. :rotfl: Went for my annual blood pressure check with the nurse. Blood pressure fine but my heart rate was about 120. I knew it would be high on the BP machine because I could feel it pounding in the waiting room. Plus my Fitbit was reading high too. So, ended up having a suprise ECG and blood tests :eek:. Which of course didn't help my HR because I wasn't expecting to have to take my top off in front of a practical stranger (was wearing my least fave bra too :rotfl:). Got to go see the doctor to discuss results of the blood test next week. I have been having these heart symptoms a while so I hope something gets sorted out and doesn't just get put down to ME/CFS and/or being really unfit.

And then on Tuesday we went shopping for funeral appropriate clothes which was exhausting. And yesterday I went for another volunteering session - also exhausting. Looking forward to my lie-ins this weekend!

Hope everyone is as well as can be. xx
    “In 900 years of time and space, I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important”
    - Eleventh Doctor
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Hope your appointments went well CHRISSY and GTQ, must admit I don't fancy either of them.

VULPIX looking forward to seeing your bird craft when the techie gets back. :D

Nice to see you back CLUMSY, sounds like you've had an eventful week. Hope the heart rate turns out to be easily manageable.

Having a lazy day today, still have the cold but def feeling better and at least I've stopped sneezing.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
    04624181 Posts: 565 Forumite
    Hi all, so so sorry have been awol again. This working full time is completely wiping me out!
    Remember before christmas I was thinking of packing the job in as I hated it and here I am working full time and absolutely loving it!!
    Free your craft challenge is lovely.
    Murie sorry for your loss
    Peppa hope you are ok x

Welcome to all the newbies and hello to the rest of the gang xxxx
    04624181 Posts: 565 Forumite
    This months craft challenge is ......

LOVE!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing