Creation Everyday Credit Card

Comments

• A4445
    A4445 Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    It took 5 working days for pin to arrive and 6 working days for the card to arrive. It's a shame the card isn't contactless and doesn't work with Apple Pay.
  • NiftyDigits
    NiftyDigits Posts: 10,459 Forumite
    d1ddyd wrote: »
    Received my card a few days after the sms (i think 3).
    Got the card to use on holiday in Thailand. It needs to be said though for anyone planning to use this only for ATM withdrawals its not worth it! Take travellers cheques instead. I've just had problem after problem trying to draw money with the creation card.
    I was told i would have a £1500 limit. Great, I thought i could just use this to make ATM withdrawls for my whole holiday and pay it when I return to the UK. What they dont tell you initially is that they limit you to a cash balance of £450 and I only found this while on holiday and not able to withdraw any more cash. After two £8 phone calls back to the UK we got to the bottom of the problem. So the next issue is pay off the balance then wait 2 days for it to process. In the mean time? (Well i guess I'm lucky i also had my debit card which meant £10 extra in fees per transaction, all because creation DID NOT GIVE ME THE INFORMATION.
    I even paid £1000 into the account (so a credit account was in credit) so that I would be able yo draw more cash. They clearly have a big issue with there system as I still had £550 in credit on the account but it still limited me to £450 in ATM withdrawals until i made a payment. (Their system does not allow you to make a payment if your account is £0 or in credit!)
    Once I'm back to the UK creation will be receiving a very nasty complaint from me and i don't think it worthwhile at all holding the account open for it to just cause problems and extra fees because i haven't been able to use their card!
    I think other people thinking of getting one of these cards need to know this information. (Creation obviously want to try to maximise there fees/interest profit by causing customers these problems)

It's made quite clear that the ATM withdrawal limit is a percentage of the total credit limit when you sign in. They push you to sign up for an online account.
    Unfortunate that you received a particularly low credit limit.
    You suggestion to use travellers cheques in Thailand is poor. There is a £3.60 fee to change them.
    Better you took the card inside a bank for a cash advance in order to avoid fees. You didn't do adequate research and suffered because of it.
  • Yawn
    Yawn Posts: 151 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    My card took about a week to arrive (just about when I started wondering whether it got lost in the post). My impression of Creation is that they are evidently less professional than the Halifax, or at least their customer service is, and as I wrote elsewhere on this forum, I really miss the ability to just report your travels conveniently online.
  • Yawn wrote: »
    My card took about a week to arrive (just about when I started wondering whether it got lost in the post). My impression of Creation is that they are evidently less professional than the Halifax, or at least their customer service is, and as I wrote elsewhere on this forum, I really miss the ability to just report your travels conveniently online.

I still haven't received my card through the post (although the PIN numbers arrived several days ago) and like you, Yawn, I'm a little concerned that the cards may be lost in the post (our post is a bit hit and miss anyway and I had a similar problem with a Lloyds card......long and rather tedious story with which I won't bore you now! ;) )

If it doesn't arrive today, I'll get onto them and rattle a few cages. ;):p
    A cunning plan, Baldrick? Whatever it was, it's got to be better than pretending to be mad; after all, who'd notice another mad person around here?.......Edmund Blackadder.
  • expl0rer
    expl0rer Posts: 112 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    My PIN arrived yesterday :) Haven't yet tested my card, but I've logged in to online card management and so far so good.
    I have a credit limit of £4000 and a daily withdrawal limit of £300.
    MFW 2015: £172K; Oct 2019: £143K
  • A4445
    A4445 Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    I had mine as well a few days ago £5000 limit @ 12.9% I'm happy with that :)
  • My PIN arrived yesterday Haven't yet tested my card, but I've logged in to online card management and so far so good.
    A4445 wrote: »
    I had mine as well a few days ago £5000 limit @ 12.9% I'm happy with that :)

My cards arrived on the 2nd and I was very impressed with the customer service when I contacted them.

Extremely helpful lady on the phone and the cards seem to be working as they should, so I can't say fairer than that! :):p
    A cunning plan, Baldrick? Whatever it was, it's got to be better than pretending to be mad; after all, who'd notice another mad person around here?.......Edmund Blackadder.
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    expl0rer wrote: »
    What is your weekly withdrawal limit, if any?

Others have found that they have a £300 daily limit but only £500 weekly withdrawal limit.

It's worth knowing about such limits before discovering them while abroad...
    Evolution, not revolution
  • roakes
    roakes Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have a card on the way which I intended to use for cash withdrawal when abroad in May, is the £500 weekly withdrawal limit still in place? I can't find details on their website at the moment
  • Hi, Can anyone tell me what 'Foreign Fee Savings' means on my Creation Everyday Card statement? I'm a bit lost - first time using a card! Thanks in advance
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure