Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Comments

• Argh! How frustrating, elsien! As you say the difficulty seems to be that some of this is ER's natural personality so it's hard to tell where the illness begins. His poor children, the only thing I can think of is they put up a united front and make some clear boundaries together that they both stick to, to show him that this is the way things will be.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 5 September 2016 at 6:38PM
    elsien wrote: »
    ER is back from respite. And has announced that he won't be going again as he can't see why his children (one who works full time and one who has their own MH issues) need any sort of a break at all.
    Words fail us, although the lack of insight into others needs predates all illnesses so is probably as much a personality trait as anything. He's also accused parent of assaulting him - luckily a room full of people can attest that she did no such thing.
    Carers deserve a medal.
    ?

I remember my Aged P. telling some social workers that I never did anything for them, even though I was the only one that did, and was the only one at this particular discussion.
    I went into the kitchen and had a little cry.
    The SWs did point out that I was the only one there! "I suppose so" was the reply.

As you said, this was a deeply-engrained character trait!

There were times when I could sympathise with the Native American custom of putting their old, unproductive members out into the snow!
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

(No, not really, but it saved screaming! :D)
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Poldark time at last....I was good and did the ironing first.

Ono, totally agree about Eleanor Tomlinson, she's just stunning. Absolutely beautiful.
  • Pyxis
    Enjoy!

Yes, all that gorgeous red hair! :)
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox

• Anyone watching Cold Feet? I loved it first time round, looks like it's shaping up to be good again.
  • Awww, I used to love that series! I was considerably saner last time it was on though, I wonder if I can get away with watching it now?
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • Pyxis
    Anyone watching Cold Feet? I loved it first time round, looks like it's shaping up to be good again.

Yes! It does look like it'll be good.

Peguin re death: I can remember the total shock I felt when Helen died. It was so unexpected. End penguin.

I just hope they don't get tempted to have too many over-dramatic scenarii, as that then would take it beyond the bounds of normality and spoil it for me.

So many drama series do that, in order to keep viewers, and it then turns into a soap.

I must admit, the original series came very, very close to doing that, but escaped by a hair's breadth!

It might not be wise to watch it, WaS!
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• tea_lover
    I thought cold feet was pretty good last night, although my expectations were probably low after the utter awfulness of the this life remake.

What it made me realise though was how little of the original I remember. I'm sure I watched it! I can't have been paying much attention.
  • Pyxis
    tea_lover wrote: »
    I thought cold feet was pretty good last night, although my expectations were probably low after the utter awfulness of the this life remake.

What it made me realise though was how little of the original I remember. I'm sure I watched it! I can't have been paying much attention.

Tea.....it was 13 years ago! I'm not surprised!

I read through the Wiki rėsumė, and I can't remember all of that splitting up/back together/affairs that went on! On paper, it sounds like a horrendous series, but it was sooooooo good!
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• tea_lover
    I think that's it pyxis. You look at a quick recap and think "well I don't remember X and Y splitting up and getting back together 10 times" but I suppose over 5 series it all made more sense.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback