Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    I had a disaster last night! Was out and about during the day and felt fine, got home, had dinner then felt awful. I was too hot and too cold at the same time, the room was spinning and I felt really sick - like an evil hangover. Ended up having to go to bed at 8.30 so didn't even see Poldark!

Today cannot end soon enough so I can get home, get in pjs and blanket and finally get to watch it.
  • Georgiegirl256
    Options
    Big hugs ((((tea)))) Hope today goes fast for you and you're feeling better soon x

Taking my car back in again today, as ever since he repaired it for the MOT, it's been making a clunking noise :eek:
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    welly,

I'd phone the surgery and ask.

When you have a job and an escapette, I always think it is best to keep on top of niggling issues as much as possible, if only for peace of mind. (You could maybe discuss it first with the health visitor, if she is any good).

I don't watch poldark.

I was trying to get an overexcited, overanxious littlewing off to sleep for ages last night as it is the new school year and she wanted a massive, What if? conversation.

Today, we will be attempting to have a big declutter of all the kibble that we acquired through the summer holidays!
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • tea_lover
    Options
    Apropos of nothing..... I love the word kibble :D
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Now we see why I failed maths, it turns out 100g is not the same as a kilo!!

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Pity you're not a gold dealer; I'd be your best customer if you gave me a kilo at 100g prices! :rotfl:
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• tea_lover
    Options
    On the subject of our missing people, I heard from Fly. She's doing well - very busy with the garden at the moment while the weather is good. She sends her love to you all.
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning All,

There's another weekend over all too quickly!! It was a really good weekend, even though I was working Saturday, but it felt like it flew by.

Pyxis - I've often wondered if there are studies into how differently people behave in real life and online. I don't think I'm very different from how I come across here in real life but there are definitely a lot of people who are far more aggressive online. I used to belong to a couple of band forums and there were posters who would argue with anyone and everyone but, when you saw them at a gig, were some of the most easygoing people you could ever hope to meet.

(((( Tea )))) I hope you're feeling better today and that you get to enjoy Poldark tonight.

Elsien - Sorry for laughing but the baking story is fabulous!!

Ono - well done for a productive week, I don't know whether the wall or the lego sounds more impressive.

Lambyr - I'm sure everyone's given you wonderful advice already but feel free to PM if you want another opinion. I can't promise my advice will ever be any good but it'll never be deliberately rubbish :D

Welly - it's definitely worth calling the surgery, even if it's just to reassure you that you don't need to go in.

Hugs and squishes to anyone I've forgotten and if anyone has any motivation could you please send some my way!!
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Welly, with new mental health symptoms I always look on it with reference to how much are they stopping me living my life as I would wish it to be? As you are under a lot of pressure I would be inclined to say visit your GP just to keep tabs on it in case it becomes something more.

Ha! Time management, Lambyr. Not one of my greatest skills. I am more the sit and stare at the problem for hours on end in terror, then suddenly launch myself on it in a panic. I do find the 20 minutes work and then a break works for me sometimes though so if you have had some success with it before I'd say go for it especially as it's at a discount.

Please say hi to Fly for me, tea!
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Waves_and_Smiles Posts: 5,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 5 September 2016 at 5:52PM
    Options
    Errr, ok the Flexi-slots make no sense to me either. How bizarre.

Hahahaha! I say go for it with the caring time! It used to be so ridiculous for WaSp because 3 years ago he was staying at Milliefleur's from 8pm to 8am to prepare her evening meal, put her to bed, be there for her when she woke up frequently in the night and help her shower in the morning. Then he would drive for 90 minutes to me and help me get up,help me wash and care for me all day and repeat with never a day off. To say he was shattered is an understatement. Carers allowance is an absolute joke, it always has been.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,737 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 5 September 2016 at 6:00PM
    Options
    ER is back from respite. And has announced that he won't be going again as he can't see why his children (one who works full time and one who has their own MH issues) need any sort of a break at all.
    Words fail us, although the lack of insight into others needs predates all illnesses so is probably as much a personality trait as anything. He's also accused parent of assaulting him - luckily a room full of people can attest that she did no such thing.
    Carers deserve a medal.

WW, how is your relative getting on?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback