Spent 4 years pretending it's all OK

Comments

• Sending you lots and lots of hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Credit card respend 2551.58 (15/02/17)
  • liltdiddylilt
    liltdiddylilt Posts: 4,117
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Hello lovey

I know precisely what you mean about the unsettling dreams. I dream stuff that is going to happen all of the time. So then when I have a dream that is a bit unnerving I tend to be waiting for it to happen! Crossing my fingers for you.

Can't blame your dad for putting more weight on. A struggle with mobility, pretty much no vision. Not conducive to getting up and moving around which would help with the weight. Bless him.

As for your mum, and the means tested thing... don't get me started. Parents are irritating, believe everyone else over you despite you putting the effort in to get them the information and the best deal. Had it today with my mother. Drives me bonkers.

Hope you manage to settle, relax a little bit and get some down time. You deserve and need it!

The fitbit... not expensive compared to some things I have bought, but yes in terms of the fact it is a glorified pedometer with a lot of other bits added, it was expensive. Worth its weight in gold though! It is spitting with rain, freezing cold and blowing a gale and I STILL went out for a walk ;) xxx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Sending you lots and lots of hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Thank you MBG xx:A
    xx
    NOAh
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • NoOneAround
    Forumite
    Hello lovey

I know precisely what you mean about the unsettling dreams. I dream stuff that is going to happen all of the time. So then when I have a dream that is a bit unnerving I tend to be waiting for it to happen! Crossing my fingers for you.

Can't blame your dad for putting more weight on. A struggle with mobility, pretty much no vision. Not conducive to getting up and moving around which would help with the weight. Bless him.

As for your mum, and the means tested thing... don't get me started. Parents are irritating, believe everyone else over you despite you putting the effort in to get them the information and the best deal. Had it today with my mother. Drives me bonkers.

Hope you manage to settle, relax a little bit and get some down time. You deserve and need it!

The fitbit... not expensive compared to some things I have bought, but yes in terms of the fact it is a glorified pedometer with a lot of other bits added, it was expensive. Worth its weight in gold though! It is spitting with rain, freezing cold and blowing a gale and I STILL went out for a walk ;) xxx

Thank you Lilty. I thought I had deleted the bit about dreams, shows how tired I was. I never know what people think when I talk about my dreams. I hate having them, it throws me out of sorts. Am fascinated by them and terrified of them. Seems to me you understand what I mean though, as always.

AM glad Fitbit thing is working for you - may get one eventually and catch up with the times - I actually count in my head :o:eek:
    Two more weeks of school job - not that I'm counting, then DS breaks up for summer hols 4th July :eek:
    Off to bed now,

NOAh
    xx
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
  • liltdiddylilt
    liltdiddylilt Posts: 4,117
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    I've got a dream book you know. Once my best friend came running to me asking for my book because she had had a dream about prawns. Yes.. prawns. Funnily enough they weren't in the book :rotfl:

I find them fascinating. The same best friend who dreams of shellfish, I once had a vivid dream that we were taken hostage in my house. She was tied to my living room door and the only way I could rescue her was to chop off her hand with my nail file. I woke up sobbing, got up and threw my nail file in the bin. Don't ever think you're going to weird me out :rotfl:

Sleep tight. Lots of love. 2 weeks is NOTHING! :D xxx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • hohum
    hohum Posts: 476
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thank you Lilty. I thought I had deleted the bit about dreams, shows how tired I was. I never know what people think when I talk about my dreams. I hate having them, it throws me out of sorts. Am fascinated by them and terrified of them. Seems to me you understand what I mean though, as always.

AM glad Fitbit thing is working for you - may get one eventually and catch up with the times - I actually count in my head :o:eek:
    Two more weeks of school job - not that I'm counting, then DS breaks up for summer hols 4th July :eek:
    Off to bed now,

NOAh
    xx

The boyfriend tends to act on his dreams, and sleeptalk. If he's stressed it's immediately obvious because his sleep gets disrupted and he starts saying amazing things in his sleep. I am a mean girlfriend because I find this extremely amusing, particularly if he's talking in his sleep. He feels weirded out by it, but to me it's one of his quirks and I love his quirks. He once talked about someone called Bobby Boggleeyes which had me crying with laughter but I never managed to find out anything more about Bobby.

I always seem to end up in people's dreams doing outrageous things.

Anyway I think it's impressive you're not having weirder dreams as it sounds really difficult for you and parents at the moment. Argh. Not really any advice to offer but just acknowledging, that's hard x
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I've got a dream book you know. Once my best friend came running to me asking for my book because she had had a dream about prawns. Yes.. prawns. Funnily enough they weren't in the book :rotfl:

I find them fascinating. The same best friend who dreams of shellfish, I once had a vivid dream that we were taken hostage in my house. She was tied to my living room door and the only way I could rescue her was to chop off her hand with my nail file. I woke up sobbing, got up and threw my nail file in the bin. Don't ever think you're going to weird me out :rotfl:

Probably says more about the delirious state of mind I am in today but my first comment was 'is she a shellfish person':rotfl:
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • NoOneAround
    Forumite

I have a couple of books on dreams too :o I used to look up things all the time but not often nowadays - find myself dwelling on it if its a "bad" symbolism:o Have had premonitions of some major and unexpected events in our lives in the past so that's why it scares me silly. Recent ones I'm talking about are not crazy stuff but felt so very real and emotional (not surprising I guess) and so real I have done the same as you aid - woken up hysterical or distraught.
    Chopping off hands with a nail file?:eek: Haven't done that yet in a dream!
    Haveyou seen Inception ;)
    Hugs
    NOAh
    xx
  • NoOneAround
    Forumite
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Probably says more about the delirious state of mind I am in today but my first comment was 'is she a shellfish person':rotfl:
    :rotfl::rotfl:
    xx
    NOAh
    :rotfl:
  • NoOneAround
    Forumite
    hohum wrote: »
    The boyfriend tends to act on his dreams, and sleeptalk. If he's stressed it's immediately obvious because his sleep gets disrupted and he starts saying amazing things in his sleep. I am a mean girlfriend because I find this extremely amusing, particularly if he's talking in his sleep. He feels weirded out by it, but to me it's one of his quirks and I love his quirks. He once talked about someone called Bobby Boggleeyes which had me crying with laughter but I never managed to find out anything more about Bobby.

I always seem to end up in people's dreams doing outrageous things.

Anyway I think it's impressive you're not having weirder dreams as it sounds really difficult for you and parents at the moment. Argh. Not really any advice to offer but just acknowledging, that's hard x

Thanks Hohum. Much appreciated.

Bobby Boggleeyes:D:rotfl:I would be laughing too, can't find either "Bobby" or "Boggleeyes" in my dream dictionary;)
    Its weird how different people appear in others' dreams. sometimes I dream about people I haven't consciously thought of for years and never been close to, and it really makes you wonder how the brain works.....
    Noah
    xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure