1 penny direct debits?

Comments

• JuicyJesus
    JuicyJesus Posts: 3,830 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Why not just use it as your main account...?
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
  • JuicyJesus wrote: »
    Why not just use it as your main account...?

I have two direct debits set up for fixed amounts on my Halifax account, leisure centre membership and car insurance (before anyone tells me paying car insurance monthly costs more they had an offer when I took out the policy of 0% for a year so for 1 year each months payment is one twelfth of the annual price) both set amounts, I get my wages paid in each month and then on payday transfer out all but enough to cover these two direct debits, this gives me the £5 reward.

Why use it as my main current account when I can get credit interest and cashback on my other direct debits from the Santander 123 account (considerably more than £5) this is just an added bonus.
    If you don't like what I say slap me around with a large trout and PM me to tell me why.

If you do like it please hit the thanks button.
  • brendon wrote: »
    Set up a direct debit with PayPal, and use PayPal to purchase whatever you would purchase with a card normally.

I've set up a DD instruction from my Halifax Reward Current Account and have transferred £1 across to my PayPal Account. There is another monthly DD on the account, and it's funded by over £1000/month. This was completed in November, will I now get the £5 reward for December, can anyone please confirm?
    Many thanks:)
  • thenudeone
    thenudeone Posts: 4,462 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Paypal and Tesco savings does the trick for me.

You don't even need to buy anything with paypal, just add funds by DD You can then transfer the funds back into your back account once it's cleared.
    We need the earth for food, water, and shelter.
    The earth needs us for nothing.
    The earth does not belong to us.
    We belong to the Earth
  • Thanks, that was exactly the plan to transfer £1 every month. Did notice it took an age to show on my Paypal balance though lol. Guess its a US bank though!
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Can I only set up one DD using Paypal to one bank account?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    Can I only set up one DD using Paypal to one bank account?

No, 5 think
  • I LOL at how someone has to squeeze an additional fiver out of somewhere.
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Does a free Netflix trial count as a DD? I had to enter bank details for after the trial ends - I used my M&S one.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    imoneyop wrote: »
    How about a small regular charity donation? The Red Cross (picked at random as the first charity to came into my head) don't seem to set a minimum on the first page of their online DD set up.

Even if you donated £1 a month you'd still be making a £4 profit from Halifax for doing nothing.

Or perhaps make it for the full £5.00 and knowing you are giving to a very worthwhile cause.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure