11 Years Overcharged by Sky! £8.5K

13»

Comments

• get a solicitor involved. you will need to fight this legally to get money from them. sky aren't going to refund you these amounts just over a few phone calls.

Considering they've not been overcharged in the first place wouldn't that just be throwing even more money away?
  • warehouse
    warehouse Posts: 3,362 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Considering they've not been overcharged in the first place wouldn't that just be throwing even more money away?

Makes you wonder exactly what the £200 goodwill gesture is for?
    Pants
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    warehouse wrote: »
    Makes you wonder exactly what the £200 goodwill gesture is for?
    It's money they don't owe but is worth paying to stop someone spreading untrue information that would give them a bad name, as some would readily believe misinformation.
  • No, get a solicitor involved, a consultation is FREE and they will tell you if you have a case or not.

A solicitor can argue that since there was no signal for 6 years that second box should have been disconnected several moons ago. Not continue to fine them all these years.
  • No, get a solicitor involved, a consultation is FREE and they will tell you if you have a case or not.

A solicitor can argue that since there was no signal for 6 years that second box should have been disconnected several moons ago. Not continue to fine them all these years.

Sky don't know a signal is not being received and the customer could not prove that because if they could they'd have to explain why they didn't constantly complain to get it sorted. An absolute waste of time.
  • zedem
    zedem Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Just wondering if there was any update on this, I appear to be in the same boat with my parents, years of extra charging, am about to ring them:(
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    The op is unlikely to return after all thid time .

You need to start a new thread with their own complaint
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    zedem wrote: »
    Just wondering if there was any update on this
    The OP never returned to update, but I suspect she accepted Sky's goodwill offer of £200.

What have Sky now offered you?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport