CRS - Unknown Reason

Hi All,

New here so please be nice!

I've received a text message this morning from 'CRS' asking me to call them on 01444 449165 as they have sent me a letter a week ago and need to discuss it.

Firstly, I have no letter.

Secondly, I have no form of debt whatsoever apart from my mortgage. Never had a credit card/loan/store card etc.

I really don't know what this could be about but I don't want to call them without having first receiving the letter that they have apparently sent me?

What's everyone's thoughts on this? Should I ignore it until I get a letter? Should I call them to find out what's going on? Are they even a legitimate company?

Please help!

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,876 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Debt collection agency on a fishing trip.

You are only obliged to respond to demands for money that come in the form of a letter.

Texts, calls and email can be ignored.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Thanks for the speedy response!

I'm just a bit worried as I have no idea what this is in relation to so I'm not confident that they would have an accurate address for me so maybe they are sending letters and I'm not receiving them?

It's just completely baffled me this morning to be honest!
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,876 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Its a common way of tracing people who may owe money.

50 odd other people with the same name may of had the same text.

It may be your debt, it may not.

Check your credit report see if anything flags up there.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • stuj1988
    stuj1988 Posts: 3 Newbie
    I have a free account with Experian and nothing has changed there, score is still the same.

So clearly, the best way to go about this is to just ignore it and wait to see if I eventually get a letter I guess...

I get a free monthly report from Experian too so I'll keep an eye on that every time I get my report.

Thanks for the advice sourcrates, much appreciated!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure