Debt Free By 2019?

Options

Comments

• lonelyrat
    lonelyrat Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Oh man... that's such a pain about not getting the new(ish) car yet. I would very much be inclined not to offer the £450 again. You were willing to take it as is and it's them who've decided (without the consideration to notify you) that they want to fix it. But I'm a bit of a petulant child at times so maybe don't take advice from me! :rotfl:

I caved (always caving) and bought myself my cc cream... I'd decided to wait and was just going to go bare faced for a month but in the end I just got it and decided to call it a treat. If I didn't then I would have probably spent that £30 on booze and snacks (when I was boozing and snacking lol). One upside is that I got loads of freebies with the order so now have tiny freebie tubes of mascara and concealer which should last me a few months if I ration them :cool:

Fingers crossed everything turns around for you and you start to get some good luck :o
    Total Debt : ?? / ??
  • onedaysomeday
    onedaysomeday Posts: 561 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver! Uniform Washer PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    All payments gone out now so as it stands:

CC1: £1410/£1298.90
    CC2: £162.29/£142.47
    CC3: £132.10/£111.48
    Old Debts: £1252.21/£1242.21
    Nan/OH Loan: £1135.50/£1014
    Loan: £1195.20/£1095.60
    Overdraft: £534/£534

Total = £5438.66.

So the original car is a no go. Seen several since then that I liked but simply cannot afford the insurance. So settled on viewing a corsa today with low mileage, in good condition etc simply because I can afford the insurance! Well, I'm at work so OH is going to look and buy if its as good as it looks, then we will drive up to it tonight and I will drive it back. Really hoping for some good luck. It's a nice colour too and comes with a bluetooth stereo which I would have paid to change to and it will come with 12 month MOT so that's good too!

On the MSE front got hold of NWest at last tried to phone the number they gave me months ago and got told to go online and chat so did that and they said they could likely arrange a settlement offer to pay monthly, and considering I don't want to touch credit until the defaults are gone anyway, I'm happy for it to be marked as a partial settlement. I should get a discount with Lowell too for the EE debt, so should be debt free sooner than planned :) can hopefully save around £500 off my debt total with offers.

Thanks lonelyrat for stopping by I was feeling really blue and angry! But I feel more positive now we've picked another car to look at :)
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    Well it seems someone has finally heard my prayers as the car has been purchased! I can't get it until Saturday as they are doing the MOT tomorrow so I will be heading up on Saturday on the train then driving it about 30 minutes back to OH's, then follow him down Sunday morning home as it's about another 30 minutes and I can only deal with so many new roads and driving a new car in one day :rotfl: yippeeee!
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    The lovely person running pay off all your debt by Christmas has also worked out what my running total is with the debts I had paid off before and what I am paying now and I am currently at

£1780.76/£7180.59

Scary amount over 7k but must remember I am much lower than that now and am nearly 2k less in debt so far this year, and will be over 2k less in debt next month :)
  • lonelyrat
    Options
    Great news on the car! Very exciting... Sounds even better than the other one... OH's mum's always saying "whats for you won't pass you by" so I feel like this is a perfect example of that!

Also well done on all that debt busting!! Your original total was pretty much where I was this time last year so it's totally doable (touch wood)... You've made such good progress so far and it sounds positive with Natwest and Lowell :)
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    Haha lonelyrat my OH did say maybe it was fate telling me I should wait to get a car when I was stressing about the other one and I told him where fate could shove it but I kind of agree with you and him now :)

Had a lovely night last night OH bought us Chinese as he was in pain and tired from having been at the dentist and having something rather painful done, and as he was tired we were in bed by 9.30 pm which was a nice change as he is a night owl :rotfl:

Feeling much more positive today I do tend to not be able to see the bigger picture or wind myself down when I get stressed. My skin is really clearing up quickly which is nice to see, my insurance quote is ready to go, I will be avidly checking online for when the car has had it's MOT done :rotfl:

Feeling pretty good about my drive from the garage to OH's tomorrow, it'll only take about 40 minutes and whilst I do go on the A1, apparently it's a nice stretch of it haha. Also looking forward to having the day to myself at OH's whilst he is at work til late, I rarely get time by myself so looking forward to having a me day, face and hair mask, soak in the tub, paint my nails and binge on greys :)

On an MSE note, I have been buying the newspaper to get codes for free Thorpe Park tickets, then realised my nan buys the paper everyday so have asked her to send me the code from the paper :rotfl: every bit helps!
  • lonelyrat
    Options
    Hows the car?! And yay to the chinese and early night! I've become such an early night person recently... I used to be a night owl but cutting the booze has clearly changed me :rotfl:

I love having some time to myself and your pamper sesh sounds lovels (especially the greys :o)
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    It's great! Well, it's 13 years old and a little noisier than most but it's mine and it gets me where I need to go so that's all that counts :rotfl:

Drive down from the garage from OH's was mildly terrifying in parts but I was very proud and relieved when I made it in one piece! Second trip was the rest of the way down the motorway following OH to mine which went well. Fourth trip random trip to Asda last night for a bit more fuel, and then the 5 minute journey to work this morning. All relatively quiet journeys other than Saturday as it's been Sunday & Bank Hol - will be driving up to OH's this afternoon after work but should be quiet still (compared to the other time's ill do it) as it there won't be any school run traffic and I'll be heading up before any mild rush hour traffic. Tomorrow morning will be the real test when there's rush hour traffic in the morning on the motorway :o
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    Well the rush hour motorway journey was not fun to say the least there was so much stop/start traffic that I stalled my car twice but luckily it wasn't massively noticeable due to the crawling traffic. I've decided to leave half an hour earlier from OH's so whilst I will be quite early for work a) at least I won't be late again and b) the traffic should be easier.

Not much on the MSE front - walked into work today as I promised myself I would on nice days mainly as the traffic is awful at the roundabout right next to my work. It's okay coming in from out of town as there's not a lot of traffic buildup on that side of the roundabout but coming the opposite way from home it's really heavy, and the walk is 20 minutes max so perfectly nice on a nice sunny day. I will probably make more of an effort to go to the gym before work on days I need to drive in (i.e need to drive to OH's after work) as I've been slacking with going and it means I'll completely miss the heavy traffic too.

Grateful for dry shampoo today as I went into the bathroom and there was an an enormous spider in the bath! :eek: Wouldn't mind if it was a big slow spindly but it was fat and fast too. Also, as there is a gap under the bathroom door and my bedroom door and they are opposite each other, they end up in my room :(
    I ended up closing the bathroom door and taping a note saying "big, big spider inside :( " and then stuffing a towel in the gap under my bedroom door so it cant get in :rotfl:
    Quickest teeth brushing and face washing ever!

To do today:
    - buy electrical insulation tape on my lunch break - this is to hold my power cable for when my phone is in the mount as a sat nav, it will run from the lighter power point behind my dash and needs holding in place to keep it neat and tidy
    - buy some razors. I may buy refills for my venus from my allowance, I may spend my boots points to buy some disposables
    - more coursework questions - the more the better!
    - go for a run/walk after work
    - have a spider-free bath (hopefully)

Hope it's still sunny where everyone is! :j
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    To do today:
    - [STRIKE]buy electrical insulation tape on my lunch break - this is to hold my power cable for when my phone is in the mount as a sat nav, it will run from the lighter power point behind my dash and needs holding in place to keep it neat and tidy[/STRIKE] done
    - [STRIKE]buy some razors. I may buy refills for my venus from my allowance, I may spend my boots points to buy some disposables[/STRIKE] ended up buying some disposables from wilkos with more blades on
    - [STRIKE]more coursework questions - the more the better![/STRIKE] completed the module :)
    - go for a run/walk after work
    - have a spider-free bath (hopefully)

Not a bad day so far, fingers crossed the rest goes to plan too!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure