Any experience with company FindMyClaims.com

Options
Hi Guys, was looking for some advice re the PPI claims company FindMyClaims.com. Has anyone had any experience with them, I can`t find any reviews online either. I am sure I have not had PPI in the last 6 years but this company claim to be able to search back up to 25 years even if I cannot supply any details, I am required to send them my credit file which they claim they will cover the cost of and they will be able to search back.
I am really unsure about this " to good to be true ".
Is this a scam to get access to all your financial dealings.
Any advice would be gratefully received, thanks in advance.

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    this company claim to be able to search back up to 25 years even if I cannot supply any details,

And how do they propose to do that if your data is not in the public domain?

Do they take an up front charge?
    I am required to send them my credit file which they claim they will cover the cost of and they will be able to search back.

That gives them 6 years. The probably send a speculative complaint to the companies on the 6 year list and maybe a few of the top banks and hope they get lucky. Completely against the CMC rules but there are some that do that.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Bluebay wrote: »
    this company claim to be able to search back up to 25 years even if I cannot supply any details
    They really really can't.
    I am required to send them my credit file which they claim they will cover the cost of and they will be able to search back.
    If you have your credit file, you can search through any lenders on there yourself...
    Is this a scam
    All CMCs are a "scam" in my opinion. But really they are just a waste of money.
  • magpiecottage
    Options
    A recent Freedom of Information request from FT Adviser (a subsidiary of the FT) revealed that CMCs were less successful in getting a complaint upheld than DIY.
  • Bluebay
    Bluebay Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 February 2016 at 12:04PM
    Options
    Hi, Guys, thanks for all the comments and advice,

dunstonh Do they take an up front charge?

No upfront charge I think it is 30% + vat on successful claim/s

As I stated in my original post, I am almost certain I have had no PPI in the last 6 years and I have a recent credit report. Therefore I will not be taking up this CMC with their speculative offer. Much appreciated
  • Pimnico
    Options
    Bluebay interested to hear how you got on with FindMyClaims and if you think it saved you some hassle.
    Many thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 12 June 2017 at 10:53PM
    Options
    Pimnico wrote: »
    Bluebay interested to hear how you got on with FindMyClaims and if you think it saved you some hassle.
    User Bluebay last logged into this site in February 2016, I doubt he'll return to answer your query.;
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/member.php?u=229438

He did say he planned on not using a Claim Company..

Claims companies save you nothing, they are not less "hassle" and they cost you hard cash...

EDIT; Have you perhaps bumped up this thread because it's title is basically advertising the name of a claim firm? Do you perhaps work for this firm?
  • Brokerwise
    Brokerwise Posts: 177 Forumite
    Options
    Pimnico wrote: »
    Many thanks

Yes, they found out that Bluebay was on the PPI database and a such received auto payout compensation on several financial instruments he never even know he had and they only charged him 87.5% of his compensation plus VAT but only 15% VAT as FindMyClaims have a special agreement with HMRC :beer:
  • socks_uk
    socks_uk Posts: 2,813 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Brokerwise wrote: »
    and they only charged him 87.5% of his compensation plus VAT but only 15% VAT

Am I not understanding something? he was 'only' charged 87.5% ???

I've found lots of paperwork for financial products I've had over the years that I have no clue if I had PPI on them and I'd be willing to pay up to 30%.

Where do I start looking?
    DEBT FREE BY 60
    Starting Debt 21st August 2019 = £11,024
    Debt at May 2022 = £5268
    Debt Free Challenge - To be debt free by August 2024
  • societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Woosh . . .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors