Magazine offers - DISCUSSION THREAD ONLY

Comments

• TraceyB_2
    TraceyB_2 Posts: 678 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm trying to subscribe to some of the BBC 3 for £1 offers given on the offers thread but whilst the offer is on the link given on the other thread - I only get the option of £18ish?

Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong!

Cheers
  • ch0ccy
    ch0ccy Posts: 103 Forumite
    Just wondering if anyone knows what will happen if you cancel one of the subscriptions which says "minimum term 12 months"? Will the magazine company pass your details to a debt collection agency or any other consequences? TIA!
  • I want to cancel my she subscription....took out the £1 per magazine trial with the magazine group. I've ended up paying for further magazines as despite googling my socks off, I still can't work out who i need to contact to cancel it! Any ideas or thoughts appreciated!! :D

EDIT... Ok you guys have inspired me to take a few more subscriptions out (as long as i can cancel them before paying full price this time!), but a little confused.

Was thinking of doing a few of the bbc 3 for £1 magazines, but when i take it to the checkout it comes up as "save 50% - paying just £18.60 for 12 issues by direct debit". So how does the payment thing work? Do they take out the £1 first, giving me time to cancel before making payment for the rest of the subscription?

Sorry if being a bit dim, just a little cautious this time around!!
    November wins...a book, a designer handbag (worth £550 :T) and a game. I am now an addict and thank everyone for taking the time to share and post. :D
  • fizzyhelen
    fizzyhelen Posts: 8,867 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I want to cancel my she subscription....took out the £1 per magazine trial with the magazine group. I've ended up paying for further magazines as despite googling my socks off, I still can't work out who i need to contact to cancel it! Any ideas or thoughts appreciated!! :D

EDIT... Ok you guys have inspired me to take a few more subscriptions out (as long as i can cancel them before paying full price this time!), but a little confused.

Was thinking of doing a few of the bbc 3 for £1 magazines, but when i take it to the checkout it comes up as "save 50% - paying just £18.60 for 12 issues by direct debit". So how does the payment thing work? Do they take out the £1 first, giving me time to cancel before making payment for the rest of the subscription?

Sorry if being a bit dim, just a little cautious this time around!!

Hi
    What I have always done is that as soon as they have taken out the first direct debit, I just cancel the dd on my online banking. On the 3 for £1 etc mags, they take out the £1, then you cancel your direct debit. I have been doing this for a few years now and I've never had a problem.
    HTH
    Helen
    :)ITV Winners Club Member #46:)
    :DFish Slice Winner 2013:D

#justiceforpoppi

• Please can someone tell me how long after they subscribed did they cancel the dd for the 3 mags for £1 offer? i dont want to do it too late and get charged more but dont want to do it too early and not get any mags. I only signed up for them today!
    thanks
  • oh Helen, sorry just read your msg-how did you know when the first dd payment is taken out-do you get an email?
  • Thanks Helen, put my mind at ease! So, am i right thinking that you never cancel subscriptions with the company, just cancel the DD? Don't they chase you up as a non-payer, as surely its bound by a contract of some sort that you agree to initially?! Gonna try your way anyhow!
    November wins...a book, a designer handbag (worth £550 :T) and a game. I am now an addict and thank everyone for taking the time to share and post. :D
  • fizzyhelen
    Bumble_bee wrote: »
    oh Helen, sorry just read your msg-how did you know when the first dd payment is taken out-do you get an email?

Hi Bumble_bee
    I just check on my online banking statement; also you should receive a letter by post and that usually tells you when the first payment will be coming out of your account.
    Helen

#justiceforpoppi

• fizzyhelen
    Thanks Helen, put my mind at ease! So, am i right thinking that you never cancel subscriptions with the company, just cancel the DD? Don't they chase you up as a non-payer, as surely its bound by a contract of some sort that you agree to initially?! Gonna try your way anyhow!

I've never cancelled with the company and I've never had any trouble:D

#justiceforpoppi

• Mumto2
    Mumto2 Posts: 1,348 Forumite
    Well, still dropping through letter box, along with a letter explaining that the bank rejected the direct debit (:eek: how on earth did that happen :rolleyes: ).

Have written a lovey reply saying I had taken it as part of a 3 for £1 trial, only to discover it is a bit young for my dd.

Anyone been brave enough to ring them?

First time I've had a letter despite taking out at least 20 subs & cancelling.
    Now proud Mumto3 :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure