Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Eoferwic
    • By Eoferwic 10th Feb 19, 1:40 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Eoferwic
    0 WOW
    Currys two year warranty
    • 10th Feb 19, 1:40 PM
    0 WOW
    Currys two year warranty 10th Feb 19 at 1:40 PM
    Hello,
    Bought an HP Omen gaming (desktop) PC from Currys about a month ago and took the two year warranty for 160. Since then I registered the PC with HP to find out they do a two year (return to base) for 50.

I wondered if the Currys warranty is worth the extra. I only need it for hardware failure as I can fix virus and Windows issues myself. Anyone used the Currys warranty recently with laptop or desktop?

Thanks
Page 1
    • macman
    • By macman 10th Feb 19, 3:23 PM
    • 43,248 Posts
    • 18,421 Thanks
    macman
    • 10th Feb 19, 3:23 PM
    • 10th Feb 19, 3:23 PM
    If you must buy an extended warranty, then buy it direct. The first year is covered anyway by the manufacturer. Typically Currys mark up on a D&G policy is 100%.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,997Posts Today

5,299Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin