Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • buffman
    • By buffman 28th Jan 19, 11:18 AM
    • 386Posts
    • 189Thanks
    buffman
    0 WOW
    Tesco Clubcard Rewards savings not as high as advertised
    • 28th Jan 19, 11:18 AM
    0 WOW
    Tesco Clubcard Rewards savings not as high as advertised 28th Jan 19 at 11:18 AM
    For many years, my wife has used Tesco Clubcard vouchers to buy a years's subscription to Good Housekeeping. This has always been much cheaper than simply paying the Good Housekeeping renewal price.

This year, it will cost 26 to renew directly.

Tesco is offering to exchange 50p of vouchers into 1.50. However this year there is a catch. You need to follow the link on the Tesco Clubcard website to Hearst Magazines to find out the cost of the annual subscription. This shows the cost to be 57. However if you simply Google 'Good Housekeeping subscription' and go directly to the Hearst Magazines' site rather than via Tesco, the cost of the annual subscription is not 57 but 39.99.

It is true that one can spend 50p of Tesco Clubcard vouchers and get 1.50. However you can only use these vouchers on an inflated price and so the saving isn't anywhere near as much as Tesco indicate.
    Last edited by buffman; 28-01-2019 at 2:32 PM.
Page 1
    • scottishminnie
    • By scottishminnie 6th Feb 19, 9:33 PM
    • 2,986 Posts
    • 58,016 Thanks
    scottishminnie
    • 6th Feb 19, 9:33 PM
    • 6th Feb 19, 9:33 PM
    I also have a Good Housekeeping subscription which I took out last year using club card vouchers. I received the reminder of expiry from GH with the 27 offer and was astonished when I learned it was 57 using the club card vouchers. What a rip off.

In the end I haven't renewed at all, I find the magazine pretty uninteresting these days and poor value even at 27 per year. I'll find something more suitable I'm sure.m
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

661Posts Today

6,574Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @WhichUK: ?? ?? @WhirlpoolCorp estimates there could be up to 500,000 unmodified & potentially dangerous tumble dryers still being used?

• RT @theresa_may: I?m pleased that we are banning all GPs? charges for forms relating to mental health and debt. I?d like to thank @mmhpi fo?

• Currently 52% in favour of self service checkouts, 48% staffed checkouts. I'm not saying a word! https://t.co/T7zzztSAr5

• Follow Martin