Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Positiveserenity
    • By Positiveserenity 27th Jan 19, 11:09 AM
    • 5Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Positiveserenity
    Investment advice
    • 27th Jan 19, 11:09 AM
    Investment advice 27th Jan 19 at 11:09 AM
    Hello all,

This is a most informative forum and I have a decision of my own l would like some advice on..

I am in the position were I can make investment into additional btl properties or stocks and share isas or just get my mortgage cleared.

I am in my late 30s, if that makes a difference!

Anyone been in a similar position? What did you do? What would you advise?
Page 1
    • Positiveserenity
    • By Positiveserenity 27th Jan 19, 11:16 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Positiveserenity
    • 27th Jan 19, 11:16 AM
    • 27th Jan 19, 11:16 AM
    I realise this has probably been asked a few times before on here so I am searching through to try find similar posts.

Thanks in advance!
    • droopsnoot
    • By droopsnoot 31st Jan 19, 12:41 PM
    • 1,215 Posts
    • 776 Thanks
    droopsnoot
    • 31st Jan 19, 12:41 PM
    • 31st Jan 19, 12:41 PM
    Yes, have a look through the "Savings and Investments" section of the forum for more detail. There are many, many, many posts about the subject.

Obviously there is no universal "correct" answer to your question - even someone in the same position as you now might have different goals. So you might be best sitting down and figuring out what you want to achieve with your investments, then go from there. If you can't find a thread already in S&I that meets your needs I'd be surprised given the number there.
    Last edited by droopsnoot; 31-01-2019 at 12:46 PM.
    • girllikeme1
    • By girllikeme1 6th Feb 19, 11:32 AM
    • 143 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    girllikeme1
    • 6th Feb 19, 11:32 AM
    • 6th Feb 19, 11:32 AM
    Look up Lifetime Investment ISAs if you are interested in saving into a fund you can access aged 60. I'm in my late 30s too and you can only open one until you're 40 so even if investing nothing in it you can open it with 1 and if you can afford to invest in your 40s you can (until age 50). The government tops up with 25% of what you put in each year, up to 4000, i.e. put in 1.00 and it's topped up to 1.25, or put in 4K and it's topped up to 5K.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

448Posts Today

5,248Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @theresa_may: I?m pleased that we are banning all GPs? charges for forms relating to mental health and debt. I?d like to thank @mmhpi fo?

• Currently 52% in favour of self service checkouts, 48% staffed checkouts. I'm not saying a word! https://t.co/T7zzztSAr5

• RT @chihuahuamammy: @MartinSLewis Just rang the Student Loans Company following your show. A refund of £395 for overpayment. Not early reti?

• Follow Martin