Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search

Results: What do you think of the new look forum

Love It

1.94% • 9 votes

Not bothered

4.97% • 23 votes

Hate it, please make it stop

93.09% • 431 votes

You may not vote on this poll

463 votes in total.

• FIRST POST
    • DTDfanBoy
    • By DTDfanBoy 24th Mar 15, 1:57 PM
    • 1,676Posts
    • 2,736Thanks
    DTDfanBoy
    Poll : What do you think of the NEW LOOK MSE
    • 24th Mar 15, 1:57 PM
    Poll : What do you think of the NEW LOOK MSE 24th Mar 15 at 1:57 PM
    I'd be interested to see how many like the NEW LOOK MSE
    Last edited by DTDfanBoy; 24-03-2015 at 2:01 PM.
Page 16
    • Tarian
    • By Tarian 11th Jun 15, 2:06 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    Tarian
    2006 is better than 2015
    OK, so presumably some people would say the 2006 MSE look was "cluttered" - but at least in 2006 it:
    * Looked "alive" not "dead" (plenty of colour, not dull, insipid, and glaring)
    * Had plenty of info in one view (without so much forced scrolling)
    * Visual clues to aid navigation (lost in the new design)
    * Had "depth" (with shading and colour) and not "flat" like the new look.

I could go on ... but I've sent a detailed comparison of the old and the new to the Feedback email address.

The bottom line is...
    Would a serious Money Saver want to compare details on complicated products on a large or small screen?
    How does a serious Money Saver have two windows open (to compare) on a mobile phone???
    • babelfish
    • By babelfish 13th Jun 15, 2:25 PM
    • 293 Posts
    • 238 Thanks
    babelfish
    I hate the new forum. I'm posting on my iPad at the moment because it won't log me in on my pc! I enter user name and password, click "login" and nothing happens! Annoying!
    • prowla
    • By prowla 13th Jun 15, 2:52 PM
    • 10,173 Posts
    • 8,458 Thanks
    prowla
    I found out how to revert, so I'm good.
    • David Bowie
    • By David Bowie 13th Jun 15, 3:39 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    David Bowie
    new forum layout is so annoying
    • David Bowie
    • By David Bowie 13th Jun 15, 3:40 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    David Bowie
    think i've found how to get the old one now lol
    • ailey
    • By ailey 9th Mar 16, 6:19 PM
    • 1,603 Posts
    • 1,811 Thanks
    ailey
    I found out how to revert, so I'm good.
    Originally posted by prowla
    think i've found how to get the old one now lol
    Originally posted by David Bowie

I've been finding that the forum is switching between the new version and the older version today but I wish to view only the older version. Can you tell me how I can keep it reverted to the older one please? Many thanks.
    "For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."
    • GetRealBabe
    • By GetRealBabe 10th Mar 16, 12:44 PM
    • 2,190 Posts
    • 2,421 Thanks
    GetRealBabe
    I've been finding that the forum is switching between the new version and the older version today but I wish to view only the older version. Can you tell me how I can keep it reverted to the older one please? Many thanks.
    Originally posted by ailey
    Hi

User CP-Control Panel-scroll to the bottom of the page-Forum Version-Forum Manager-Manage Version-Old Version.

I really dislike the new look.
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 014-Finally got a signature.

• abbafan1972
    • By abbafan1972 12th Mar 16, 7:39 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    abbafan1972
    I hate the new look forum & want to change back. I can't find the user CP, please help!

Just noticed that my details on the left says I've only made 3 posts. I know my posts are in the thousands, as I've been a member since 2006.
    Last edited by abbafan1972; 12-03-2016 at 7:41 AM. Reason: added more info
    • Abbafan1972
    • By Abbafan1972 12th Mar 16, 7:46 AM
    • 5,294 Posts
    • 169,481 Thanks
    Abbafan1972
    Done it, changed it back.

Thank god. Please get rid of this new design, it's horrible.
    Winging it since 1972
    • prowla
    • By prowla 12th Mar 16, 9:16 AM
    • 10,173 Posts
    • 8,458 Thanks
    prowla
    I'm on the old version; as I recall, the newer one just wasted screen area.
    • prowla
    • By prowla 12th Mar 16, 9:19 AM
    • 10,173 Posts
    • 8,458 Thanks
    prowla
    Yep - I just flipped to the new one, and it's just silly wasted space.
    Right now I can see my previous post and this reply I am typing in; the rest is just whitespace and a couple of icons & buttons.
    The forum is supposed to be here for people to share comment and interact, but the new version seems to treat that as wholly incidental.
    • prowla
    • By prowla 12th Mar 16, 9:22 AM
    • 10,173 Posts
    • 8,458 Thanks
    prowla
    Back in the old version, I can see two previous posts, but actually there is a fair amount of padding in them too, because the left-hand side user info is taller than some posts.
    • J B
    • By J B 12th Mar 16, 9:59 PM
    • 3,203 Posts
    • 1,161 Thanks
    J B
    I hate the new look forum & want to change back. I can't find the user CP, please help!
    Just noticed that my details on the left says I've only made 3 posts. I know my posts are in the thousands, as I've been a member since 2006.
    Originally posted by abbafan1972
    Done it, changed it back.
    Thank god. Please get rid of this new design, it's horrible.
    Originally posted by Abbafan1972
    You seem to have two usernames. One with a small a and one with a capital A

Maybe that's the confusion??
    • Mandelbrot
    • By Mandelbrot 13th Mar 16, 2:34 PM
    • 8,633 Posts
    • 18,640 Thanks
    Mandelbrot
    Back in the old version, I can see two previous posts, but actually there is a fair amount of padding in them too, because the left-hand side user info is taller than some posts.
    Originally posted by prowla
    Yeah, some of us commented on that back when they asked us for ideas of how to improve the layout.
    Did they listen?
    Did they heck!
    They just went ahead with their ghastly 'new' design.
    Still, we thought, they are allowing us to continue using the old one and they've promised not to alter it.
    Yeah, right.
    They've now added those daft little coloured circles enclosing a bad approximation of the number of posts and length of time as a member.
    You know, the information that is already being displayed on the left hand side accurately.
    So consequently, the LHS is now larger than it was before, and the amount of wasted space (for short to medium length posts) is increased further.
    Great ...
    • ailey
    • By ailey 20th Mar 16, 9:51 PM
    • 1,603 Posts
    • 1,811 Thanks
    ailey
    Hi

User CP-Control Panel-scroll to the bottom of the page-Forum Version-Forum Manager-Manage Version-Old Version.

I really dislike the new look.
    Originally posted by GetRealBabe

Thank you so much for this information. Just changed it back so hopefully it will now stop flipping between old and new. I hate the new version so much. I couldn't even see quickly how to thank people so many people will not bother, I'd imagine. The new version kept logging me out so every time I went to send a message or changed threads, I had to log back in......was soooo annoying and time consuming!

Thanks again.
    "For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."
    • islandman
    • By islandman 23rd Mar 16, 7:27 AM
    • 4,468 Posts
    • 1,766 Thanks
    islandman
    If moderators moderate, you would have thought that they'd reported back that the new design was less favourable with those people that have helped make the website what it is today. Hiding behind "they'll get used to the new design" or "no-one likes change" isn't good enough.

They did it with hotukdeals and that too caused an uproar and many people left.

It certainly begs the question "why do they do it?".
    Bowel screening saved my life, make sure it saves yours.
    • chesky
    • By chesky 28th Feb 18, 6:50 AM
    • 1,115 Posts
    • 1,884 Thanks
    chesky
    How come this rose to the top again? The last post was in 2016.
    • Biggles
    • By Biggles 28th Feb 18, 9:10 AM
    • 7,611 Posts
    • 5,016 Thanks
    Biggles
    How come this rose to the top again? The last post was in 2016.
    Originally posted by chesky
    Because MSE thought it was a good idea that, if someone found an old, dead thread and thought it would be fun to click on the poll, that thread should immediately rise to the top.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5693414
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

351Posts Today

4,529Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Right back to self imposed twitter exile until Thur - trying to be off work (not v successfully)

• Too painful to talk about. That result really was offsensive. For rancid cheese & onion to beat powerful salt & v? https://t.co/FJchchPk0o

• If you think this hypothetical's bad, here's some of my past polls - Which past PM would u resurrect to aid politi? https://t.co/N61QGBOJ6b

• Follow Martin