Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MikeR71
    • By MikeR71 19th Nov 11, 8:37 AM
    • 3,691Posts
    • 4,366Thanks
    MikeR71
    Appen Butler-Hill
    • 19th Nov 11, 8:37 AM
    Appen Butler-Hill 19th Nov 11 at 8:37 AM
    A while back I signed up to Butler Hill for possible internet work with them. They have just contacted me with an offer for crowd-sourcing job and want my details including bank details for the HR department.

I know I signed up and all that but my question is is this safe? Shall I give them my details? Has anyone any experience with them?

Thanks
Page 3
    • clairibel
    • By clairibel 16th Apr 12, 7:20 AM
    • 3,498 Posts
    • 7,147 Thanks
    clairibel
    I did a couple of tasks last week, put in 6 hours over 3 days and had earnings of $92.07 possibly with a $10 bonus if I met the criteria for one task which required over 500 judgements. So I'm hoping for about 60 but this is the first time since I joined in November that there has been a decent amount of work; but I don't do translation or linguistics tasks, only search engine evaluations.

Honestly it is repetitive and boring at times, but on the flip side it is quick to go through once you've got the hang of the task you're doing. I do it when hubby is hogging the TV with his xbox
    Originally posted by zebramolli
    lol i know about the xbox thing Thanks for your help, think i'm going to give it a go as we need some extra and this fits in with the family
    • laura_media
    • By laura_media 20th Nov 12, 11:41 AM
    • 19 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    laura_media
    Hi everyone,

Does anybody still do Crowdsource work for Appen Butler Hill? Ive just done quite a bit over the past month, how does everyone one else find it?
    Definately need to work fast to get a good pay!!
    How much work does everybody get loaded onto thier account?

laura
    • PurplePow
    • By PurplePow 23rd Mar 13, 11:53 AM
    • 1,081 Posts
    • 1,947 Thanks
    PurplePow
    I've just started doing Crowdsourcing through Butler Hill. Has anyone else started this recently? Anyone do this already? How is the work and do you regularly hit the $50 pay out?
  • Panama1
    Appen Butler Hill ? Think twice.
    The exams for web site evaluator is damn tough and the study material they provide will take you at least 2 weeks of study. I guess the pass rate is very low. The rule is that if you don't think like them - you fail. If you are lucky to pass the first exams (which has 50 questions) then there is the second exam on News Freshness which is even tougher.
    So if you fail then all the studies you did for 2/3 weeks goes down the drain. The work itself is not highly paid considering the intensity of work.If you start getting wrong answers you will be penalised and ultimately relieved of your duty without any prior warning ( no you cannot complain or appeal because you have signed the NDA with them ). Look for a day job as this job is not flexible at all and can be frustating.
    Ex- consultant for this company.
  • penfriend
    I've just started doing Crowdsourcing through Butler Hill. Has anyone else started this recently? Anyone do this already? How is the work and do you regularly hit the $50 pay out?
    Originally posted by PurplePow
    I work for these guys, it's good pay if you get through the tasks quick. Some set tasks have lot's of possible hits so if your quick enough you could exceed $50 in one day.
  • penfriend
    I work for these guys, it's good pay if you get through the tasks quick. Some set tasks have lot's of possible hits so if your quick enough you could exceed $50 in one day.
    Originally posted by penfriend
    Payouts are monthly, easy to reach $300 even
    • wesleyad
    • By wesleyad 12th Apr 13, 10:18 AM
    • 432 Posts
    • 395 Thanks
    wesleyad
    There are multiple different schemes that they run, having done LB for a year I am starting with these guys and it seems much harder from a training point of view however the payout is higher. Don't want to say too much as their NDA is very strict.
  • Bumma
    Just applied for crowd sourcing with them - is the work fairly regular? I seem to have hit a block with LB and not getting much work in so thought I'd try ABH. Don't want to waste much time on signing up if the work isn't regular enough
    • wesleyad
    • By wesleyad 16th Apr 13, 4:20 AM
    • 432 Posts
    • 395 Thanks
    wesleyad
    unlike LB and LF the work is a guaranteed, however you must do the set hours and you must do it spread out during the week.
    • MallRat
    • By MallRat 16th Apr 13, 12:10 PM
    • 418 Posts
    • 1,068 Thanks
    MallRat
    Well, I signed the contracts on Friday but have not heard anything back from them since... Is this normal, or am I supposed to be logging in to somewhere I'm not aware of?!
    • bulktrans
    • By bulktrans 16th Apr 13, 12:26 PM
    • 607 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    bulktrans
    are they still recruiting? how do i reg my interest with them? thanks
    • twiglet66
    • By twiglet66 16th Apr 13, 12:35 PM
    • 342 Posts
    • 978 Thanks
    twiglet66
    Well, I signed the contracts on Friday but have not heard anything back from them since... Is this normal, or am I supposed to be logging in to somewhere I'm not aware of?!
    Originally posted by MallRat
    I'm the same
    • wesleyad
    • By wesleyad 16th Apr 13, 6:22 PM
    • 432 Posts
    • 395 Thanks
    wesleyad
    i emailed them asking about this and they said if you have signed the contract you are free to start work
    • twiglet66
    • By twiglet66 16th Apr 13, 6:30 PM
    • 342 Posts
    • 978 Thanks
    twiglet66
    i emailed them asking about this and they said if you have signed the contract you are free to start work
    Originally posted by wesleyad
    Probably really a daft question but where do you log into to get the work? The only link that they provided me was where I had to sign all the forms.
    • wesleyad
    • By wesleyad 16th Apr 13, 8:34 PM
    • 432 Posts
    • 395 Thanks
    wesleyad
    Well you may be on a different program to me, but I just went on the place where you take you exams and you should have the work in there. If you have a different set up then I'd email them to check.
    • twiglet66
    • By twiglet66 16th Apr 13, 8:36 PM
    • 342 Posts
    • 978 Thanks
    twiglet66
    Well you may be on a different program to me, but I just went on the place where you take you exams and you should have the work in there. If you have a different set up then I'd email them to check.
    Originally posted by wesleyad
    I haven't taken any exams so guess I am on something different, I have emailed them so will see what happens. Thanks
    • wesleyad
    • By wesleyad 16th Apr 13, 8:47 PM
    • 432 Posts
    • 395 Thanks
    wesleyad
    Ah right sorry, misunderstanding. I assume you have signed the pre test stuff. I think it was about a week for me after that. See what they say. Good luck
  • studentmidwife
    I signed the forms for this at the end of last week (6 days go) and got my log in details this morning. Didn't have to do any exams and have done a bit of work today. Seems fairly straight forward at the moment
    • twiglet66
    • By twiglet66 18th Apr 13, 4:03 PM
    • 342 Posts
    • 978 Thanks
    twiglet66
    I signed the forms for this at the end of last week (6 days go) and got my log in details this morning. Didn't have to do any exams and have done a bit of work today. Seems fairly straight forward at the moment
    Originally posted by studentmidwife
    I got mine to today and did a bit of work
  • studentmidwife
    I got mine to today and did a bit of work
    Originally posted by twiglet66
    Theres just one task that I'm finding hard - cant pass the test for it !!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,332Posts Today

6,828Users online

Martin's Twitter