Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Jenny
    • By MSE Jenny 16th Nov 09, 5:14 PM
    • 1,233Posts
    • 3,567Thanks
    MSE Jenny
    HATTON GARDEN METALS Feedback Thread
    • 16th Nov 09, 5:14 PM
    HATTON GARDEN METALS Feedback Thread 16th Nov 09 at 5:14 PM
    This thread is specifically to discuss feedback on

HattonGardenMetals.com
    (
    Link)

For a step-by-step guide to flogging old jewellery, see Sell Your Gold.

If you've used this company, please can you tell us the following...
    • When did you use it?
    • What did you send it?
    • How much did it promise you?
    • How much did it deliver?
    • How efficient was the service?
    • If it didn't deliver the full amount, what was its reason?
    • Anything else other people should know?

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thank you for your help

Important note for representatives of gold companies

We will be monitoring the threads, and if we believe any company has got its own representatives to deliberately post positive feedback (or negative on its competitors) it will be deleted, and we will count that as negatively towards any company's reliability and trustworthiness.

Don't miss another deal! Get MoneySavingExpert's Weekly Email
    It's full of new guides, tips, & loopholes; free & spam free
    Last edited by MSE Jenny; 12-03-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Page 67
    • Lisa Mac
    • By Lisa Mac 17th Jan 19, 3:34 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lisa Mac
    I recently used Hatton Garden Metals and the service they provided was fantastic. I had my gold weighed in a local jewellers, completed the on-line form, sent the gold off and was expecting a slight difference in money due to some of the scrap gold rings had stones in. 4 days later, I received an email confirming that the full amount had been transferred into my bank account as requested. I would highly recommend them and would use them again without any question. Thank you HGM for impeccable service.
    • Lockie21
    • By Lockie21 30th Jan 19, 3:55 PM
    • 585 Posts
    • 6,228 Thanks
    Lockie21
    Yes me too. I sent some old broken chains and rings that were too small for me now and received over 300 the next day. Very pleased with this service and the price.
    • Tashad2002
    • By Tashad2002 7th Feb 19, 6:03 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tashad2002
    First time dealing with this company and very impressed. Did my research and found they had great reviews and were recommended here. Rang them and checked what the process was. Posted my items by special delivery yesterday. Was quoted around 430 received an email today for 459.11. Rang again today to check how payment was made and if they had correct details. They said it was paid at 12 and would be with me at 3 and it was. Paid much higher prices than I would have received locally at jewellers. I had already checked those out. Really impressed with everything. Will definitely use again. Fantastic
    • Mrs2cats
    • By Mrs2cats 21st Feb 19, 2:23 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mrs2cats
    Fast, professional service
    Posted some old bits of jewellery, some of which was broken. I wasn't sure if some of it was 9 ct or 18 ct. Posted yesterday and, by 1.30 pm today, I received an email clearly breaking down how much they paid for 9 ct and 24 ct and money is in account.

I'd dithered about doing this but it couldn't have been easier. Very impressed.
    • Poucant
    • By Poucant 6th Mar 19, 4:49 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Poucant
    Having read good things on this forum, I sent 3 items to Hatton but phoned first as I was unsure what was 9ct and what was 14/18 ct. Lady who answered said they'd be slightly different shades, which they were. She assured me they'd separate the items but advised me to put in a covering note, just to be safe - I did. Money arrived very fast, as promised but I was only paid for 9ct. I'm not saying they short-changed me but I'm not 100% happy.
    • Budgie55
    • By Budgie55 8th Apr 19, 2:57 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Budgie55
    After reading the reviews, we chose HGM to sell some gold coins and some old jewellery. Rather than post the items, we visited the store. Both Nick and Andrew were very fair, polite and efficient. Having agreed the values, the money was in our account less than two hours later. We were most impressed and will use again.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

673Posts Today

5,857Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin