Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Jenny
    • By MSE Jenny 16th Nov 09, 6:14 PM
    • 1,232Posts
    • 3,566Thanks
    MSE Jenny
    HATTON GARDEN METALS Feedback Thread
    • 16th Nov 09, 6:14 PM
    HATTON GARDEN METALS Feedback Thread 16th Nov 09 at 6:14 PM
    This thread is specifically to discuss feedback on

HattonGardenMetals.com
    (
    Link)

For a step-by-step guide to flogging old jewellery, see Sell Your Gold.

If you've used this company, please can you tell us the following...
    • When did you use it?
    • What did you send it?
    • How much did it promise you?
    • How much did it deliver?
    • How efficient was the service?
    • If it didn't deliver the full amount, what was its reason?
    • Anything else other people should know?

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thank you for your help

Important note for representatives of gold companies

We will be monitoring the threads, and if we believe any company has got its own representatives to deliberately post positive feedback (or negative on its competitors) it will be deleted, and we will count that as negatively towards any company's reliability and trustworthiness.

Don't miss another deal! Get MoneySavingExpert's Weekly Email
    It's full of new guides, tips, & loopholes; free & spam free
    Last edited by MSE Jenny; 12-03-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Page 3
  • Jonni2bad
    We used Haddon a few months back. I researched gold pricing online to see what value our gold was worth on the trading markets and Haddon offered somewhere in the region of 85-90%.

Local companies (including those who currently spend a fortune on radio advertising in the Midlands) were only offering 50-55% of the market price.

Posted our gold off Special Delivery at a cost of about 5 and still cleared around 70 more than the high street offered.

I would suggest anyone selling gold does a good bit of research first - find out HOW gold is valued, what weight you have (and in what carat) and get an understanding of the maximum value BEFORE you start to ask for quotes - that way you'll see who is giving you a fair price.

I have nothing but praise for Haddon - fast response, emailed confirmation of price, money in my bank on the day the gold arrived at their office. Superb!

When did you use it approx Sept
    What did you send old gold jewellery, around 10 pieces
    How much did it promise you 189
    How much did it deliver 189
    How efficient was the service 1st class
    Anything else other people should know Companies who spend a fortune advertising their gold buying service have to make that money back somehow. The answer is THEY MAKE IT BACK FROM YOUR GOLD. Shop around....
    • silentotter
    • By silentotter 22nd Nov 09, 2:10 PM
    • 185 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    silentotter
    Re: Old Silver & Gold to Sell
    I have a lot of Silver to sell after an inheritance, mainly rings wthsemi precious stones. I don't really want to remove the stones and am not bothered about getting them back. Has anyone sent string silve to HGM and received a good price?

I have a few bits of gold as well 9 carat mostly but also a 18 carat ring with a single diamond.

Would they take may jewellary? They are all in good condition. It wouldn't be possible to take the stones out as the styles of the rings wouldn't permit it. Does that matter before you weigh it and send it?

Silentotter
    Last edited by silentotter; 22-11-2009 at 2:21 PM.
  • 16troop
    Andy V.

What a relief to have a company that one can trust. With all the cowboy companies as advertised on the TV I was very apprehensive about sending my gold for cash. Hovever, no need to have worried, as promised and as reviews highlighted Hatton Garden Metal offered a no hassle prompt response with more cash than expected banked into my account the next working day. Highly recommended Company.
  • Old Fogie
    Money for old gold!
    I sent a packet of old rings,chains odd earring etc., last Friday, Special Delivery to HATTON GARDEN METALS and they've just paid nearly 500 into my bank account--brilliant!
  • peetzil39
    Just used Hatton Garden Metals for the first time, such a positive experience I was spurred on to register here and post a recommendation! Got an online estimate yesterday, posted the gold via special delivery as requested (cost 4.85) and received funds in my bank account by lunchtime today 349.21 yay!!! Now what to do with it...new TV or pay to overdraft mmmm???
  • mrs.maverick
    Another thumbs up for Hatton Garden Metals from me!
    Sent a packet off yesterday, money in the account today! They are returning the junk/non-gold bits but I couldn't be more pleased with their service! Now, what did I do with my wedding ring? (Only joking!)
    Blagged: free samples of handwash from Molton Brown; booklet of walks from Brecon Carreg;
    Free Diabetes monitor, free bee-friendly seeds, a MINI coin and a splash-proof book from Radox.
  • sazzysan
    Hatton Garden
    Hi sent my old gold to hatton garden could not believe how simple it was & had the money in my bank account I now have some extra spending money for christmas
    • nolongerinthered
    • By nolongerinthered 26th Nov 09, 11:14 AM
    • 62 Posts
    • 873 Thanks
    nolongerinthered
    sent my gold yesterday at 3.30, phone call this morning at 9.15 to tell me it had been recieved and weighed, email at 11.15 to tell me exactly how much im getting and that it has been transferred to my bank. easy peasy!
  • jo1c
    My Mum wanted to sell some gold jewellery. After reading the feedback in these forums, I suggested that she sent it to Hatton Garden Metals. Their service was absolutely first class. I got her a quote on their web site on Monday evening, posted the gold on Tuesday morning, got an email confirming the price (which had risen slightly) on Wednesday morning and her cheque arrived in the post today (Thursday). She was absolutely delighted as she got about 25% more than the dealer in our local shopping centre was offering. I would definitely use this company again.
  • MissOptimistic
    Another thumbs up from me - I sent 4 earrings, one thin chain and 2 bracelets and received 89 - I was expecting about 30 - They were very efficient and the money was in my bank account the next day
    Emergency Savings Fund - 1100
    2015 Mortgage overpayments =
  • danlojo
    a great way to get some money back from broken or unwanted gold.

Fast and easy company to deal with and get a great price on your gold too!!

5* from me
  • nellybloggs
    I have used them really good , great service impressed, currently looking under my bed for scrpas of gold to send off!!!!
  • SOOPS
    Hatton garden metals, just unbelievable
    I must admit i am at heart a very wary person, however after researching several "cash for gold" companies i decided to opt for hatton garden metals, based upon the feedback on this site. I sent my gold yesterday (26th nov) special delivery, checked this morning to confirm delivery (at just before 8am) i received an email around 11.30 this morning from hgm confirming the weight of the items i had sent (which was nearly spot on, taking in to account that there were a few stones in a necklace i sent) and at 2pm this afternoon the money was in my bank (just over 800). To say i am impressed is an understatement, and this has proved that there are decent companies out there........hatton garden metals comes with the highest recommendation. You will not be disappointed
  • Greenr
    Hatton Garden Metals
    When did you use it: Last week - posted package on Thursday, money in account Friday.
    What did you send: gold chain
    How much did it promise you: Just over 400 (the amount came up on their website once i'd entered the weight)
    How much did it deliver: Just over 400
    How efficient was the service: Great (although didn't agree the amount over the phone - it was placed straight into my account).
    Anything else you should know - I expected to agree a price either over the phone or by email once hatton had received my gold. This wasn't the case - the money was paid straight into my account, as it happens I was more than happy with the amount I got.

I took photos of the gold before posting it just in case it got lost via Special Delivery
    • Mansun
    • By Mansun 1st Dec 09, 12:17 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Mansun
    Sent a small mixture of gold, silver (although I didn't know it was silver) and stones yesterday and got over 110 in my account today.

Will be recommending to family and friends without delay.

Thanks HGM.
    TOTAL UNSECURED DEBTS @ LBM 13,500 (NOV 2009), DEBT-FREE TARGET DATE - AUGUST 2011

PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBT
  • Mrs Krasha
    When did you use it - This week
    What did you send it - Approx 56g of old chains, bracelets, earrings
    How much did it promise you - Approx 460
    How much did it deliver 460
    How efficient was the service - Can't fault it
    If it didn't deliver the full amount, what was its reason - could be due to some stones being taken out
    Anything else other people should know - I would thoroughly recommend Hatton Garden to anyone - posted gold Monday and money went into paypal account today. Excellent service.
  • JEMGEM22
    I recently sent some gold to Hatton Garden Metals after having read some comments on the money saving forum. This was the first time I had used such a service. I was amazed at how simple the procedure was and would definitely use them again. I posted my items about 3.15 p.m. and they were signed for at 8.05 a.m. the next day. When I checked my internet at 12 noon I discovered my remittance reply from them and the money was already in my bank account. There were no hidden charges and the amount I received was what was expected. BRILLIANT - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO ALL!! I wouldn't bother looking elsewhere!
    • Bronnie
    • By Bronnie 3rd Dec 09, 2:16 PM
    • 4,090 Posts
    • 11,491 Thanks
    Bronnie
    Can only echo the praise for Hatton Garden Metals in the previous posts.

Had checked out around town and average price was around 5 per gram, but easy to get less in some places if just chucking down a handful of jewellery and you don't know it's worth.

Managed to get my gold weighed and all identified as such in town first. Also checked out sold prices on ebay for selling a couple of the pieces and feedback on different companies on MSE.

Posted off Special Delivery at 4pm on Wednesday, full amount in my bank account by lunchtime Thursday! Hatton Garden's price was 8.40 per gram today.

Please check my posting history, this is genuine feedback from a regular MSE'r. However, you shouldn't be surprised at the number of newbie posters commenting here. When Hatton Garden email you with confirmation of your payment, the email includes a direct link to this thread on MSE and asks people to leave feedback here if satisfied; so I don't think all these new posters are spammers!
    Last edited by Bronnie; 03-12-2009 at 3:26 PM.
    • JDPower
    • By JDPower 3rd Dec 09, 7:30 PM
    • 1,587 Posts
    • 1,493 Thanks
    JDPower
    However, you shouldn't be surprised at the number of newbie posters commenting here. When Hatton Garden email you with confirmation of your payment, the email includes a direct link to this thread on MSE and asks people to leave feedback here if satisfied; so I don't think all these new posters are spammers!
    Originally posted by Bronnie
    That explains some of it, I would still consider that spam though (purely my opinion) and pushing the boundaries of the statement in the first post:
    if we believe any company has got its own representatives to deliberately post positive feedback it will be deleted
    • Bronnie
    • By Bronnie 3rd Dec 09, 11:12 PM
    • 4,090 Posts
    • 11,491 Thanks
    Bronnie
    Well, in fairness, I posted positive feedback and I don't consider myself a "representative of the company"....I'm a customer! I posted my feedback here with the same intention as when I post feedback on Tripadvisor, on a hotel I've stayed in or a restaurant in which I've dined.

Anyway, by giving a link to the thread, they also open themselves up to the possibility of bad feedback, if their service is lacking. I'm pretty sure these posters, like me, were so delighted with the amount of money they received and the speed with which they received it, they were, like me, only too happy to click the link and share their experiences with others. I have also shared this verbally with several people I've chatted to today!
    Last edited by Bronnie; 04-12-2009 at 1:47 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,380Posts Today

7,909Users online

Martin's Twitter