Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 27th Mar 13, 2:23 PM
    • 9,375Posts
    • 22,227Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers
    • 27th Mar 13, 2:23 PM
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers 27th Mar 13 at 2:23 PM
    MSE Additional reading:

You might like to read our latest Cashback sites news story: Are you a cashback site loser?

Back to the original post...

Hi everyone,

If you have a question you'd like to ask cashback website Topcashback directly, post your question below and it will try to answer. If you want to discuss other cashback sites then please start a separate thread if there isn't one already.

Please remember referral links are not permitted. If you want to post a referral you can do it on the Topcashback referrals thread.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 27-10-2015 at 9:51 AM.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 223
  • TopCashBack Company Representative
    Hey everyone,

@laudan - If you do need any more help please do let us know

Best wishes,
    Matt
    “Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • steve1500
    • By steve1500 17th Jan 19, 1:35 PM
    • 1,186 Posts
    • 814 Thanks
    steve1500
    When should first Utility up lift from tacked as Zero to the actual amount for dual fuel switch

The switch was fully completed 5 weeks ago

TIA
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA
    Hey everyone,

@steve1500 - the average payout speed is around 15 weeks and so sometime within this period of time I would expect.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • JPears
    • By JPears 7th Feb 19, 11:17 AM
    • 4,507 Posts
    • 1,232 Thanks
    JPears
    TCB falling down again. Chasing up 2 non payments from same company - L'Occitane, who are usually good. Received this usual response:
    "Thank you for getting in touch with us.
    I’m sorry this hasn’t progressed to payable as expected for you. We would have expected this to have progressed to payable for you by now. However we can only pass on cashback to you once we have received it from the merchant.
    When merchants feature on a cashback site, they operate through an affiliate network, who invoices the merchant for their transactions, then once they are paid, we are awarded this. The vast majority of cashback is paid within agreed reasonable times but if a merchant has not paid then we can't award the cashback to our members until we do receive the funds.
    I know that being asked to wait is the very last thing you want to hear, and it's the very last thing we want to be able to advise. But the fact is, we too are waiting.
    I can assure you once we have received these funds, this will show in your account.
    Thank you for your ongoing patience. I hope this matter is resolved swiftly for you.
    Kind Regards,
    Joe"
    These orders were made April 2018, but the submission ticket system wouldn't allow any progression until recently.
    How long do TCB expect a customer to wait? Bear in mind an order from November 18 has gone to payable.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    Hey everyone,

@JPears - If you could reach out to us via the email mse@topcashback.co.uk I can certainly check this out for you.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • JPears
    • By JPears 9th Feb 19, 12:44 PM
    • 4,507 Posts
    • 1,232 Thanks
    JPears
    With all due respect, what are you gong to check out that hasn't already been checked uot by the person replying to my ticket submissions?
    The biggest problem is that TCB don't appear to put pressure on retailers that renege on deals or have any power to enforce.
    Over 11 years of using TCB I have had £230 denied out of £1520 claimed, alot of which I have had to press TCB and fight for.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    Hi everyone,

@JPears - I can ensure that we have checked all avenues for you that we would expect.

I can't promise anything but I want to be sure all processes have been followed.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • lagib
    • By lagib 11th Feb 19, 5:42 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    lagib
    I have used Top cashback for many years and have earned around £800 along the way. One thing I have learned is to be patient, as some pay outs can take 6 months and others immediately. Don't be afraid to send query tickets within TCB if you think anything is wrong with transactions or you do not understand something. I have always found TCB helpful. However, TCB are unable to contact the body that you purchase from, only their merchant I/e they cannot contact your supplier direct. A word of advice, if a user has trawled through search engines to find the best deal and then uses TCB to get cashback on top (my method), ensure all cookies are removed first, as failure to do so will nullify your claim. Apparently, companies you purchase from can detect from cookies that you have visited their site for a comparison and will not pay out cashback as a result.

I hope this information will help someone.
    Hey everyone,

@lagib - Some really useful help and suggestions there. Thanks so much for sharing

best wishes,
    Matt
    • oliveoyl
    • By oliveoyl 13th Feb 19, 9:57 AM
    • 2,715 Posts
    • 105,318 Thanks
    oliveoyl
    Hi TCB

I have a question about the virtual card payouts - how, other than spending the exact amount that's left on the card (eg. £13.46), do you clear the balance? I have attempted to use my card for a couple of online purchases, but there seems to be no option to pay via 2 different payment options - ie. to use up virtual card balance, then top up using ordinary credit/debit card. Each time the retailer has tried to take the full transaction amount from the card and obvs it has been declined.

Am I being thick?

TIA
    TOP MONEYSAVING TIP

Make your own Pot Noodles using a flower pot, sawdust and some old shoe laces. Pour in boiling water, stir then allow to stand for two minutes before taking one mouthful, and throwing away. Just like the real thing!
    • Sponge_Cake
    • By Sponge_Cake 13th Feb 19, 1:54 PM
    • 108 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Sponge_Cake
    Topcashback confirmed not payable
    £80 has been confirmed by EDF energy, it’s been confirmed for over 8 weeks now, with no change to payable yet.

Has anyone else had a similar experience and what can I do about it?
    • liviboy
    • By liviboy 13th Feb 19, 2:33 PM
    • 463 Posts
    • 173 Thanks
    liviboy
    I have a few transactions that have been at "confirmed" for nearly 18 months. They will pay out eventually but TCB can only pay you once they receive the money from the retailer.
    • Magenta
    • By Magenta 13th Feb 19, 7:21 PM
    • 2,029 Posts
    • 5,726 Thanks
    Magenta
    Hi TCB

I have a question about the virtual card payouts - how, other than spending the exact amount that's left on the card (eg. £13.46), do you clear the balance? I have attempted to use my card for a couple of online purchases, but there seems to be no option to pay via 2 different payment options - ie. to use up virtual card balance, then top up using ordinary credit/debit card. Each time the retailer has tried to take the full transaction amount from the card and obvs it has been declined.

Am I being thick?

TIA
    Originally posted by oliveoyl
    Hi, I would like to know about this too as I have found exactly the same thing.
    (That's two of us being thick then)
    Magenta
    • Ivana B Rich
    • By Ivana B Rich 14th Feb 19, 1:12 PM
    • 344 Posts
    • 466 Thanks
    Ivana B Rich
    I had the same problem with Esure insurance. It did eventually pay out but took well over the estimated number of weeks.

I raised a ticket and as liviboy says above they do only pay when they receive the money from the retailer. EDF and Esure must be poor payers
    Hey everyone,

@oliveoyl – You may be able to link this to your paypal account or use it for this method or something similar.

You may also be able to buy gift vouchers online for the exact amount you have left 😊

@Sponge_Cake – I am sorry this hasn’t progressed just for you yet. While a lot of retailers to pay within around eight weeks of the validation time frame there are times when this doesn’t happen and I can assure you we will update the status as soon as the payment reaches us.

@liviboy – If you would like me to look into these old purchases please do reach out to me at mse@topcashback.co.uk

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • oliveoyl
    • By oliveoyl 15th Feb 19, 11:27 PM
    • 2,715 Posts
    • 105,318 Thanks
    oliveoyl
    Hey everyone,

@oliveoyl – You may be able to link this to your paypal account or use it for this method or something similar.

You may also be able to buy gift vouchers online for the exact amount you have left 😊

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Originally posted by TopCashBack Company Representative
    I have linked it to Paypal and it still won't allow me to use only the balance. I now have 2 cards, one with 0.58, and one 1.89 left on them. Think I'll just go straight for the cash to bank option next time, instead of faffing about trying to get a better deal with voucher payout, and ending up worse off
    TOP MONEYSAVING TIP

Make your own Pot Noodles using a flower pot, sawdust and some old shoe laces. Pour in boiling water, stir then allow to stand for two minutes before taking one mouthful, and throwing away. Just like the real thing!
    Hey everyone,

@oliveoyl - many member say they enjoy this new way of paying out but I can see the advantages of only requesting an amount that you know you need.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • mustbemad
    • By mustbemad 20th Feb 19, 11:13 AM
    • 590 Posts
    • 366 Thanks
    mustbemad
    Ladbrokes
    I have had a confirmed ladbrokes transaction on my account since July 2018 for £25. Ladbrokes seem to have disappeared from the top ash back website now, does this mean that my cashback will never be paid?

Mbm
    Debt free as of June 2013 and never getting into anything other than mortgage debt in the future
    Hey everyone,

@mustbemad - Them coming off site doesn't mean you won't get the cashback. Once purchases are confirmed the tracking network will raise an invoice and in line with other invoices there will be processes to obtain those funds.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • Miles_W
    • By Miles_W 21st Feb 19, 11:38 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Miles_W
    My dashboard is showing £6 pending, earned from HMV in December - before they went into administration. I assume that there is little to no chance that the new owners will honour this?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

498Posts Today

5,540Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @theresa_may: I?m pleased that we are banning all GPs? charges for forms relating to mental health and debt. I?d like to thank @mmhpi fo?

• Currently 52% in favour of self service checkouts, 48% staffed checkouts. I'm not saying a word! https://t.co/T7zzztSAr5

• RT @chihuahuamammy: @MartinSLewis Just rang the Student Loans Company following your show. A refund of £395 for overpayment. Not early reti?

• Follow Martin