3-6 Month Emergency Fund Challenge!!

Options

Comments

• DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning Everyone..... :)

Well yesterday was the day from hell.....Still feeling the after-effects of it this morning.....Just grateful that I have my Therapy this Afternoon.....right now I need it.....!!

patman99 - I've Updated the First Page....You're doing brilliantly!! Congratulations on your Silver Anniversary next Year....It sounds like you're doing something special.....xXx :)
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Helen, sorry to hear that yesterday wasn't a good day. Hope this one is better for you :)

£940 is my new total :) I ended a bid on eBay early and accepted a BIN for £80 :)

I am now all Ebay'd out, so nothing more to sell. So i need to start working out the areas of my life that i can reduce my spending. That's easy for me- Eating out and grocery shopping both need to be reduced.
    Hoping to save £100 a month there.
  • positivelypunked
    Options
    £12 added to my emergency fund taking total up to £212.35.

I need to spend £21 on medicine but i'm not sure whether to take it out of my EF or to use the £100 i have for myself this month...?
    MarNSD 5/20 | EF 3-6m #27 & EF #179 £212.35 / £2,700 | FH: £20.00 / £10,000 | Car £51.66 / £200 | Xmas £0.00 / £100.00
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well, having lost both my mother-in-law and dad within 8 days of each other, I now need to concentrate on something positive.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• WantToBeSE
    Options
    £12 added to my emergency fund taking total up to £212.35.

I need to spend £21 on medicine but i'm not sure whether to take it out of my EF or to use the £100 i have for myself this month...?

I would say that it depends on how much you have in your EF, and what other uses you have for your 'pocket money'.
    For me, my EF is the money i would only ever touch if the SHTF and i was utterly desperate (Job loss etc) but the EF mean different things to different people.

patman99 wrote: »
    Well, having lost both my mother-in-law and dad within 8 days of each other, I now need to concentrate on something positive.

I'm so sorry to hear that patman :( Thinking of your family .x.

Helen- how are you feeling today? I added another £35 to my EF today. Only £5 more and i am at £1000!!
  • lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 971 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    patman99 wrote: »

Sorry to hear that :(

£3.17 from fleabay profits + £45 regular + £9 from 50p challenge = £57.17 added this week bringing me to

£1818.98 / 4600

39.5% so close to that 40 :j
    Aqua 0/1850 Cap.One 0/450 Vanquis 0/500 HSBC 0/100
    :j ~Debt Free Date 07/12/2015~ :j

SPC member #530 :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin 3-month EF: £2158.63/4600
    Make £10/day Nov-Dec £814.04 Jan-Apr £1689.78 May £233.57/310
  • DreamerHelen
    Options
    Morning Everyone..... :)

It's just been a rough few days...In fact a rough Week for the past 7 days.....But hopefully it will get better.....And I'm off out for Lunch this Sunday so I'm looking forward to that.... :)

Nothing to Report money-wise from me.....difficult few Weeks....

WantToBeSE - I've Updated the First Page and put you at £995...is that right hun? Thank You for your well-wishes....I'm okay....Just fighting my way forwards.... xXx :)

positivelypunked - I've Updated the First Page hun....You're doing AWESOME!! I would say try to take it out of the £100 if you can but if you run out of money by the end of the month then you can fall back on your EF....That's what it's there for xXx :)

patman99 - I was so sorry to hear your news hun.....Staying positive and focussing on the future could be a good thing right now xXx :)

lexbubbles - I've Updated the First Page hun....Keep it going...You're doing BRILLIANTLY!! xXx :)
  • WantToBeSE
    Options
    Helen, as of today my new total is £1000! Finally in the 4 numbers!!

It would have been £1100 but i saved a separate £100 for a weekend away in Birmingham that we have coming up. I am taking my son to the NEC over Easter weekend.
  • DuranGirl
    DuranGirl Posts: 287 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So sorry for your loss, Patman.

Helen - can I please add an extra £300 to my EF total? Making it £3,300. I had my final solicitor's bill today (had a little happy cry about that - four years finally finished), so I know where I am financially for this month and there's a little slack in the budget. Might as well put it in the EF! I think I might increase my monthly standing order to my EF account to £500 in April, as it will keep my spending disciplined when it goes out on the first of the month. Will report back on that.
    3-6 month EF Challenge Member #19: £3590/£6000.[/B] Craft destash from 22.5.22: 46/200. Declutter from 22.5.22: 105/250 Car finance PAID OFF £7,848.88 IN 2019 (0% LOB)
  • DreamerHelen
    Options
    Morning Everyone.... :)

Although I have a Toothache this morning I'm actually feeling pretty positive.....I think the tide is beginning to turn.....hopefully anyway!! :D

WantToBeSE - WELL DONE on reaching £1000....You're doing AWESOME. I have Updated the First Page....Keep it going hun. And have fun in Birmingham!! xXx :)

DuranGirl - I hope you're doing well.....I've Updated the First Page...WOW, you're doing AMAZING!! Congratulations on your final Solicitor's Bill, that must be a HUGE relief for you....And good luck on increasing your Standing Order to your EF....I bet you can do it....You'll do GREAT!! xXx :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure