PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS ways and Poor Health

Options

Comments

• LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 20 April 2018 at 2:09PM
    Options
    Wolfy appears to have either been abducted by the Fencers or defected from here ! So no doggy updates .
    No, you don't get rid of me that easily. Life the Universe and Everything has meant I've had to curtail my time on MSE for a while - I didn't log on at all Wed and Thur this week, as we were out all day Wed and playing catch-up with surveys, incoming post and household tasks Thurs.

Having some probs with the ol' paws too, so keeping typing to a minimum. Seem to have pulled something in my left thumb, can't grip anything in the "normal" way. It's a pig cos I'm left-handed.

However, I've just seen Candygirl's news re a new Boy Staffy Pup; so that's exciting stuff. :T
    Re doggies here - I was dogless for 10 days, but now have Dusty for the weekend. He's a little "Bitzer" (bits o' this and bits o' that) and it's his first stay here.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Wolfy both dd and I lefties . In my case I'm hopeless trying to use the right one for anything . Dd is a bit more adaptable for some things .
    Oddly dd has had an awful time lately with her hands and fingers . Last week our GP had a good look and said Synovitis - that doesn't look right but hopefully you understand what I mean - He's going to do a steroid injection . She already has tendonitis in one foot from years ago . I doubt you'll fancy a trip to the docs but the odd steroid injection can give some respite .

Typing is such a pain . I'm already spotting typos in this post :D sometimes it's too much effort to go back and edit .

Have a lovely weekend with Dusty . I hope you feel a little better asap .

pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • ArthriticOldThing
    Options
    Well my hands are just about good enough to type at last. Been quite sore & painful for a good while. Hopefully warmer weather is helping them.
    Hope you don't mind me having a bit of a whinge. I've not had a good start to the year. Annual health check in January threw up some odd results on Liver - quite high readings - so while they tried to sort that out I've had to stop 2 meds, a Statin (which I was pleased to stop) and the Sulfasalazine (sorry about spelling). That was 3 months ago and by now I'm having real problems with day to day living.
    Finally had Ultrasound and saw GP today about results. Seems I'm showing sign of fatty liver and fatty pancreas so can't restart the meds til more tests done.
    Am definitely fed up now. Lovely sunshine but can't get out into it.
    Right whinge over. Sorry about that.
    Hope you all can enjoy some warmth and sunshine.
    Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do, Do without.
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    Oh AOT that isn't a whinge it's just stating the facts and is one of the reasons this thread exists . A trouble shared is a trouble halved .

Are you on an Disease Modifying med ? I assume you have regular blood tests . No mention of fatty liver but just a few weeks ago dd had to have her full bloods repeated the next week as they were pointing to liver and other issues . It turned out it was the constant flares she's been having which were skewing the readings .
    I can't imagine how you must feel without the medication for such a long time . We wait a long time for some sun and warmth so I really feel for you trying to cope day to day while longing for a bit of the outdoors .
    Please come here as often as you can , you aren't alone .
    Take care
    polly x

• LameWolf
    Options
    AOT letting the pain out here is one of the purposes of this thread - don't apologise. It sounds just awful! I was on sulfasalazine for a while; then they said I had lupus as well as RA, took me off it and put me on hydroxychloroquine (aka Plaquenil) instead.
    I hope your tests are done soon, and they can get you onto something to make life easier. x
    Wolfy both dd and I lefties . In my case I'm hopeless trying to use the right one for anything . Dd is a bit more adaptable for some things .
    Oddly dd has had an awful time lately with her hands and fingers . Last week our GP had a good look and said Synovitis - that doesn't look right but hopefully you understand what I mean - He's going to do a steroid injection . She already has tendonitis in one foot from years ago . I doubt you'll fancy a trip to the docs but the odd steroid injection can give some respite .
    Our GP doesn't offer steroid injections - I'd have to go private if I wanted one. :( And I'd have to wait at least five weeks for a GP appointment to get a referral. :( Don't think I'll bother.
    Oh, and you did spell synovitis correctly; I think it's one of those words that just looks wrong whatever you do.
    I suppose I'm technically ambidextrous; I was born left-handed, but my father spent my early years doing his utmost to beat that out of me, so most things I can do either way - with the notable exceptions of ironing and using a computer mouse - both of these I can only do with my left hand, or I get in a frightful tangle. Go figure....:cool:
  • Tink_04
    Tink_04 Posts: 1,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone!

Well I booked the caravan for the end of next month - will have to take the kids out of school but it's only 4 days so should avoid a fine.

It was the best option really think we all need something to look forward too and a holiday sounds like a good idea! The kids seem excited and me and DH enjoy it too.

I'm looking at the shopping budget again as it's got a bit out of hand so did a big stick up of the fridge and freezer and that has left us with £40 a week so should hopefully be able to stick to this.

I've got an awful ear infection and am on antibiotics but it's not really seeming any better - this is day 4 so I was hoping for some relief - it's gooey and not pleasant at all! Both kids have been ill and were off on Friday - sickness bug and slapped cheek! They seem ok now but DD face still has the rash on it.

It's DH birthday today we are just having a little tea party later on - we made cakes and rocky road with the left over Easter eggs yesterday so I'm pleased they are all used up as I was sick of looking at them!

The weather has been lovely but today is not as nice - rained and thunder last night and supposed to rain again today. It's a shame as wanted to get out in the garden but will see how it goes - I might get an hour later on if it stays dry.

Happy Sunday everyone xx
    Living the simple life
  • LameWolf
    Options
    Aww, GWS Tink. Gummed up lug'oles are horrid!
  • Tink_04
    Options
    LW - it's awful - I have to walk round with cotton wool in my ear as the stuff coming out of it is constant! I'm going to ring the DR again in the morning as it is still so painful and although it's stopped bleeding now the infection must still be there - I'm on day 4 of the antibiotics and I was hoping it would clear up a bit by now!

Didn't get in the garden as it rained on and off today. Kids went out for a bit when it was not raining and it was not that cold. Didn't manage to cut the grass tho - maybe another day!

DH had a lovely day - and the kids loved the tea party. Some family popped over too and we all had a chat and bit cake. Was nice. It was a busy day though and has taken its toll - I'm really tired and have a school run in the morning to do!

Night all x
    Living the simple life
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    Tink This is just a quick post from me , I intended posting yesterday but like Wolfy have had the world , the universe and everything else happening . Nothing bad but constant irritations that needed sorting .
    Anyway when you phone the Drs don't let reception tell you you can't have an appointment because you haven't finished the current course of antibiotics .
    I've had that argument since back in the 80s when dd2 was prone to ear infections . She ended up with permanent hearing damage .
    She recently ignored my advice to get to the doctor as she has an important role in childcare and a case conference and other meetings in the diary . Result when she finally saw her GP both ear drums were perforated .
    If your ears have bled that's a sign your doctor needs to examine them again asap . It doesn't matter if you're mid way through the meds and haven't finished the course .
    I hope all goes well .
    I'll post tomorrow . Too tired to make much sense tonight and will be heading to bed soon .
    Goodnight all
    polly x

• Tink_04
    Options
    Thanks Polly - I see ENT regularly and have a grommet in as well as meniers disease - I've always had trouble with my ears :( I'm deaf in one side too!

Last time this happened the antibiotics didn't work and they have me a spray which didn't work and it was just a long process so just going to tell them I need something different. I can't have penicillin so can only have certain antibiotics.

Tink
    Living the simple life
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family