Completely Crazy Clothes Challenge 2017

Comments

• Hi,

I'd like to join as well, can I have any available number, please? I can't calculate how much I spent last year on clothes/shoes/accessories, so I'll aim to spend £600 + clothes to attend a wedding (if it happens this year).
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,315
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hi,

I'd like to join as well, can I have any available number, please? I can't calculate how much I spent last year on clothes/shoes/accessories, so I'll aim to spend £600 + clothes to attend a wedding (if it happens this year).

Welcome to the challenge GilmoreGirl, you are number 6.
  • I'd like to join please!

I will say a budget of £600 for the year for myself and 3 children :)

Fiona x
    Pay off all your debt 2017: £3500/£0
    Clothing Challenge 2017: £600/£0
    Sealed Pot: £0 Virtual Sealed Pot: £0
  • Kim_13
    Forumite
    Kanoona wrote: »
    I'd like to join please!

I will say a budget of £600 for the year for myself and 3 children :)

Fiona x

Hi Fiona,

Welcome aboard. I've given you number 7.

Good luck :)
  • e4rly
    e4rly Posts: 66 Forumite
    Hello all, I would love to join if that is ok. Confession time: In assessing how much I spent in 2016 on clothes I realised that it was a sobering £1,800 - utterly ridiculous! And yet when I look in my wardrobe I feel like I have nothing to wear, signaling something is going wrong. So it would be very useful to actively track my spending. The idea of buying only things that bring me pleasure really resonates too.

So I would like to set a budget of £500, with a caveat for one suit and one dress for a wedding being excluded. If I stick to that I will have made significant progress.
  • Hi Kim
    I'd like to join you all on this challenge. I've had a look in the wardrobe and drawers and I really shouldn't need anything this year except to replace my undies. But it is the impulse purchases that I want to get a grip on. So I think I'll set a budget of £150 - should be more that enough I hope.
    Thanks a mill for starting it up for 2017.
    Take care
    MissDM
    LBM- June 2009 - 15 year plan started, Dec 2018 - time to review & refocus
    SPC12 #33 £210. Xmas 2019 - #15 £365 / £365 ... PAYDBX 2019 #23: £0 / £3,400
    MFW2019 #2: £6,999.67 / £8,000 MFiT-T5 start £95,352.52 - target £40k

No matter how far you go, you always take yourself with you
  • Kim_13
    Forumite
    e4rly wrote: »
    Hello all, I would love to join if that is ok. Confession time: In assessing how much I spent in 2016 on clothes I realised that it was a sobering £1,800 - utterly ridiculous! And yet when I look in my wardrobe I feel like I have nothing to wear, signaling something is going wrong. So it would be very useful to actively track my spending. The idea of buying only things that bring me pleasure really resonates too.

So I would like to set a budget of £500, with a caveat for one suit and one dress for a wedding being excluded. If I stick to that I will have made significant progress.

Hi e4rly

I have definitely gone through the 'I have nothing to wear' phase - probably why my wardrobe is now full to the brim. I must have spent at least £15 a week on clothes a few years back, but the challenge has really helped me this last year. You will get there.

2016 isn't over yet so if you can spend no/very little more with the sales around, you'll be in good stead for 2017 and should feel better about this year.

Number 8 is your number.

Kim
  • Kim_13
    Forumite
    Hi Kim
    I'd like to join you all on this challenge. I've had a look in the wardrobe and drawers and I really shouldn't need anything this year except to replace my undies. But it is the impulse purchases that I want to get a grip on. So I think I'll set a budget of £150 - should be more that enough I hope.
    Thanks a mill for starting it up for 2017.
    Take care
    MissDM

Welcome MissDM

You are number 9. Good luck with the challenge :)

Kim
  • Please count me in too... I am on a mission to make not buy my clothes next year but clearly this will not extend to shoes and possibly not even underwear. Please put me down for £300 + any funds from items in my current wardrobe that I sell. I also like the idea of incentivising weight loss so I will add £10 per 5kg lost
    Well lets see - I dip in and out of MSE all the time but I still come back - have done since 2007!!! 2023 - Fashion on a ration - 5/66 2023 - 1p Chalenge - £18 in Monzo pot (cannot do pennies so am rounding up)2023 - Frugal Living - Budget still to be finalised - ambition is to cut my food budget by 20% by shopping smarter and meal planning 2023 - January - NSD 15/20 February - NSD 3/15
  • Eltee12
    Eltee12 Posts: 768
    Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Hello

I'd like to join you please, budget of £300 for 2017

El
    2018 AFD 23/240
    2018 CCC #11 £38.40/£250
    Mortgage-free since 2013

Debt-free since Nov 2017
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories