Cheap Airport Parking: Gatwick Airport hints, tips and local parking

Comments

• carolt
    carolt Posts: 8,531 Forumite
    This site, recommended by another user, seems to work - just found a week there with APH for £27, provided you have car breakdown cover (we've got RAC). Gives you 20% off - see:

http://www.motoringdiscounts.co.uk/discountedairportparking.htm
  • Booked a valet parking through a well known internet booking agent for Gatwick last month.

They sub contracted it to a local firm who said they were 3 miles away. They met us on arrival...no problems.

When we arrived back, it took them 30 minutes from our call to them advising that we had our bags. It was freezing cold (just above zero). Eventually, we heard our car skidding around the corner and racing up to us. The car was covered in bird mess (it had been valeted before we left home) and it had covered 31 miles since we left it with them...... so someone had been joy riding in it for 25 miles.(it was a Mini Cooper S so obviously too tempting for someone).

Moral of the story?.........try to take a boring car that will be of little interest to them and make a very obvious note of the mileage when you hand the car over.

The valet company did not live up to the SHINING image that their name portays. You have been warned.
  • piersuk
    piersuk Posts: 25
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    b2tus wrote: »
    Booked a valet parking through a well known internet booking agent for Gatwick last month.

The valet company did not live up to the SHINING image that their name portays. You have been warned.

Which company did you use?
  • redstripe
    redstripe Posts: 12 Forumite
    piersuk they are called diamond.
  • markandkate
    markandkate Posts: 846 Forumite
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] This code E46W.[/FONT] should get 20% discount off all purple parking at airport Also remember to book via Quidco for cah back. Book by 8 June
  • parkandgo.co.uk

Have not used these before but £49 for 7 days and meet and greet, is a bargain.

Of couse, if anyone knows of their services, please do post.

Thanks,
    Bob
  • jrs101
    jrs101 Posts: 195
    Forumite
    bosulliv wrote: »
    parkandgo.co.uk

Have not used these before but £49 for 7 days and meet and greet, is a bargain.

Of couse, if anyone knows of their services, please do post.

Thanks,
    Bob

Yes, I saw this too - thinking of using their meet and greet service. I cannot though find any reviews of thier service. Has anyone got any advice?
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 1,252
    Forumite
    has anyone used this company?

http://www.airportmeetandgreet.co.uk/
    We got rid of the kids. The cat was allergic. ;)

Debt at LBM (Sep 07): £13,500. Current debt: [STRIKE]£680[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£480[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£560[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£13[/STRIKE] £0 overdraft :D
    Current aims - to start building up savings
    1st £1000 in 100 days - £1178.03 :D 2nd £1053.38/£1000 :D 3rd £863.59/£1000 :o
    :j
  • BigFan
    BigFan Posts: 5 Forumite
    Thank you all for this useful info. I need to leave my car parked in Gatwick from time to time and this will save me some ££.
    "Gravitation cannot be held responsible for poeple falling in love" Albert Einstein
  • shopperjpg
    shopperjpg Posts: 17
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    redstripe wrote: »
    piersuk they are called diamond.

I wish I'd read this before I booked with Diamond! :mad: At 10. 45 pm I'd been waiting 15 mins by the double yellow lines for my car to be returned. It was darkish by that time. Driver just asked my name and handed over keys, didn't remind me to check car of course. Noticed next day that the rear bumper was badly scratched over about 1 metre's width. Looked like it had been parked on a rock! My MX5 has a low chassis, but I've owned one of these cars since 1992 and never scraped the bumper on any kerb etc.
    Phoned immediately and was told to send photos and e mail. After 10 days without acknowledgement phoned again and was given a different e mail address to re-send to. 2 days later, received an e mail saying they are not doing anything about it as damage was not reported at the time it was handed back and told me to read the terms and conditions. Also,
    my car had about an extra 15 miles on the clock, but as there is no address for Diamond's car park, I don't know if that was reasonable or not. By the way, I do not have a choice of car so I can't follow the suggestion to take an old banger to the airport!
    Any suggestions of how I can get any compensation?

DO NOT RISK YOUR CAR WITH DIAMOND!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure