jwil Posts: 19,100 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Well done Brizzle, 29% is fab :T
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    29% is great, brizzle :)

Hope the brizzle house have a good week :)
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    29% is excellent! Well done the brizzle!

Hope work hasn't been too unkind to you - nearly the weekend and time to relax!:D
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Busy time in RL! Running additional work at the moment which is good but makes for a lack of free time. Shocking lack of posts on this diary by me recently .. thanks for dropping by all and keeping it on life support!! Hope youre all good.

All Ok. Money is being tracked but not sure what shape we are in. A job for the weekend I think.

Love and hugs x
  • brizzlegirl
    Just seen your post GP!!! Good choice.. Thats a great area.. it may well be (very) near where I reside.. :D

Bearpit is fighting for survival. Hopefully Miriam has done enough to give it a new lease of life but its touch and go.
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Greying_Pilgrim Posts: 5,426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Just seen your post GP!!! Good choice.. Thats a great area.. it may well be (very) near where I reside.. :D

Bearpit is fighting for survival. Hopefully Miriam has done enough to give it a new lease of life but its touch and go.

Loved the community garden in the Bearpit, the bees were in absolute abundance.

Gloucester Rd, Cheltenham rd and Stokes Croft very, very interesting places, and I loved the vibe there. Pity I managed to walk straight past a 'Banksy'! Should have looked up by Hamilton House - doh! will do much better next time I'm in t'area :D

We were only there a couple of hours, but I'm smitten :D

Spent the Sunday at Penny Brohn - glorious gardens, open under the NGS.

Greying X

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £7/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £184.08/215
    Non-food household spend April £27.83/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • brizzlegirl
    Yes its a great Banksy there, but I actually prefer the breakdancing Jesus on the opposite facing wall :D Next time you must visit us...we are SO close to there (and where we are its arguably even nicer :D)

Have never been across to the PB centre, although as a complete coincidence close family were there last week. I hear the cafe is open to all, so a cycle ride there one day sounds a nice idea. Its an amazing facility.

Finally coming up for air as some supplementary work is closing soon. Been a very busy fortnight. Never know when its coming so have to grab it when its here, but even so. OH is making, yes making, his dad's birthday present. Its lovely that he is spending the time and its all just scraps of wood etc that he is making into a great insect refuge for his dad's garden. Just as well as DD2's birthday presents have been pricey. Thats the problem with buying useful items for teenagers :o

Need to update YNAB and do a moneyshuffle on Friday. Final balloon payment on the car is coming up soon. Insurance due shortly and so is the tax. Pricey month vehicle expenses wise but luckily YNAB come to the rescue. Only £10 down on the tax (we can sort that next month of course) and we will have a surplus in the insurance pot. Go us :) Chooks are laying well despite one trying to get seriously broody. Darn. We are eating lots and lots of tortilla :) Tonight its on the menu alongside some organic asparagus. The joys of a veg box

Laters

Love to all

x
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,100 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    All sounds good Brizzle :) We are heading up your way this summer to do the Gromit trail :D
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • brizzlegirl
    That sounds great jwil. We would like to do that too.

Busy day today but easier tomorrow. Roll on Friday :)
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Hopefully like me your glad it's Friday. Well done on the extra work at least it's a welcome boost to the coffers. Hope all is good in sunny Bristol. Are exams past now or anymore on the horizon?

Hoping for a weekend of sunshine, good company (and food) and a little exercise. Hope you are too.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback