Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Comments

• Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Congratulations! That must feel good. Will you have some money left for that holiday?
    x
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • We will Verbatim! Currently trying to decide whether to have a week in a cottage or something similar all at once, or whether to have a few different trips/overnight stays away throughout the year. It's nice thinking about it! Would love to go abroad but none of us have valid passports so that would be a huge expense in itself, and I'm not sure how much insurance for DH would set us back Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,246 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    I'm so pleased for you - loss of debt and weight - fabulous news :) I knew you'd do it! Woo hoo:)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,178 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Happy happy happy for you :j :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,178 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Remember to post on the DFW Roll of Honour :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou wrote: »
    Remember to post on the DFW Roll of Honour :)

I will do Beanie, as soon as I see it's clear! Thanks to you and SA for your kind words of support Xx

DH is getting on my nerves! Feel awful saying it but it's the truth. He's been awake since 3am apparently with ringing/pulsing in his ears, and he's walking round like he's under his own little thundercloud. He's complained about the same before but refused to go to the doctors and he's saying there's no point again. Will just make him an appointment I think. It may well be tinitus and untreatable, but could be brain injury related too. It hasn't stopped him going out running this morning though, and despite him going alone I was pleased he went out :o. (I did track him on the app).
  • Sorry if I sounded a total biatch yesterday, it just all got a bit much. I was seriously asking myself if this is what I want for the rest of my life.

It is.

Balance on Bcard this morning is a big fat zero :j:j:j. Wondering whether to close it or keep it open for credit score purposes?

Boys wanted to do soft play yesterday. It was super busy and cost £20 including drinks :eek:. Feel like I'm haemorrhaging money. Only 3 days left til back to school :(.
  • Hopefuljoy
    Hopefuljoy Posts: 442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 8 April 2016 at 8:51AM
    Morning Lucky!! I'm so glad you are feeling better now. It's not surprising you had a blip yesterday. You're a lovely sunny lady but you've got more on your plate than most others!!:mad: you are like Wonderwoman!

I'm typing this on the tiny screen of my phone so hope there arent too many typos :eek: that soft play was darned expensive.I hope the boys made the most of it. I see you're in Newcastle. The head of the school I teach in is from there. He still has the full accent and I could listen to him for hours!

I hope today is sunny and warm for you all. There's a real chill down here. Take care. :j
    With family, friends and pets (or any combination of them) life will be fine!

Emergency fund £2474 post cat wee catastrophe!

Fashion on the Ration 55 coupons available in 2022
  • That's good you like the accent HJ, I always cringe when I hear it on tv, it sounds well, less than intelligent :o.

Weather here has been hitty-missy. Hail the size of golfballs yesterday, dry this morning but rain due lunchtime. Think we might be off to the cinema again. We saw Zootropolis the other day which we all liked, but now they want to see Batman Vs Superman. Going to Clubbercise tonight for the first time in weeks :T.

7 weeks tomorrow til the wedding :eek:.
  • Brightspark87
    Brightspark87 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi lucky sorry it has been a bit tough this week.

With the barclaycard - use it and pay it off in full (perhaps petrol?) that helps to build credit - show you can mange it etc.

On a final note, I am SO happy for you!! all that debt gone xx

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport