And so it begins: The Pig Vs The Mortgage

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Thats a very heavy schedule, PP, and very kind. And I hope the big do tomorrow goes really well.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Thats a very heavy schedule, PP, and very kind. And I hope the big do tomorrow goes really well.

Thanks Karma:). I'm on schedule so far but feeling a little frazzled:eek: Hope you're well xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • pinkypig
    Evening:wave:

Today has felt like a bit of a whirl but I've achieved more than I'd hoped and feel less daunted about my list of to dos than I did yesterday:D
    As I woke early I got my cakes in and done before I went to see dad which was great as it got me a bit ahead of schedule. As dad was bit weary I actually read for a long while whilst he snoozed and watched TV which gave me a nice rest as well as keeping him company:)

Once home I focussed on food prep annd;

Chargrilled 3kg of chicken ready for curry assembly ( this way I could freeze the sauces ahead without meat or dairy added so I can freeze any leftovers)

Iced and filled the work cakes (one chocolate - filled with the last of the jam made with ys plums and one lemon filled with freezer lemon curd made with ys lemons)

Filled dd's birthday cake with jam and butter cream and covered it in fondant icing.

Made two pavlovas (one will be Irish cream and the other summer fruits), sherry trifle (still my fave:)) and white chocolate cheesecake

Defrosted Rogan josh , korma , tikka masala and Thai yellow sauces

Put chickpea and peach curry in the sc overnight

Mse triumps inluded;

Used some leftover border from school to go round the cake

Found metallic candles from her 18th and will resuse rather than buying special ones

Picked the raspberries out of a bag of frozen fruit for the trifle base and used some of the rest to fold through cream for a pavlova topping. I've got some free blackberries to decorate it with. Cost about a £1 so much more thrifty than fresh.

Froze the egg yolks from the pavlova (couldn't face making custard:o) individually with a bit of sugar to use as egg wash.

Made butter cream with 1/2 butter and half beautifully butterly - it tastes no different :)

Had a nsd:)

So far my celebration on a shoestring is shaping up ok:). Just got hm naans , rice and Bombay potatoes to do tomorrow and some chocolate brownies if I have time.

Off to bed now as I'm pooped:)

PP xx
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    PP - you are such a lovely mama to go through all the effort to do a wonderful meal for DD!

As always your productivity is inspiring!!!
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • pinkypig
    rtandon27 wrote: »
    PP - you are such a lovely mama to go through all the effort to do a wonderful meal for DD!

As always your productivity is inspiring!!!

Hi RT :wave: and thank you. I didn't want her special day to go unmarked and luckily she's her mother's daughter - wanted it at home and not some upmarket eatery:rotfl:
    On top of things now but I'm definitely having a lazy weekend next week!!
    Hope you're well :) xx
  • pinkypig
    Morning :wave:

Lashing it down here :eek: I need some exercise but I'm not running in that!
    I was awake at 7 so I got large quantities of naan bread dough in the mixer (love my dough hook:D:D) and I'll bake them later. Everything else is assemble and warm up and then just whipped cream on the desserts. Phew :p

My challenge today will be to avoid last minute ' I might need this' syndrome:p. I don't need anything so will try and resist and go for a nsd instead.

Just need to clean the house now :eek:

Happy Sunday to you :)

PP xx
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Have a great day! And if you're cleaning today, you *only* clean the bits that are on show - please!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • pinkypig
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Have a great day! And if you're cleaning today, you *only* clean the bits that are on show - please!

It's a rare day when I do anything else Karma :o:o:rotfl:
  • pinkypig
    Evening :wave:

Is it only Tuesday?:rotfl: My weekend was so busy it feels like a long time since I had a lazy day. I'm going to make up for it this weekend:D

Moneywise it's been a pretty good week. I had a ns weekend as I avoided contingency buying which was the right thing to do as there was plenty of food and I ended up with more drink than I started with:D. My only spends this week have been filling the car with fuel.
    I had a bit of a windfall as Highways England have finally coughed up for the damage to my car which was almost certainly caused by pot holes. £256 :j

In terms of well being I need to get a grip, too many late nights, not drinking enough water, too much food and only one run since last Wednesday:eek: Must try harder and now we have a clear routine with Dad I can get into a routine.

Today's small steps to freedom and success included;

Laundry done and on the airer

Cheap, healthy eats (porridge for breakfast, lo Thai curry for lunch and !o Rogan josh for dinner)

A nsd

Swallowed a frog - phone call

Arranged for boiler to be fixed (insured phew!!)

Had new water meter fitted. It looks like the spike in usage was a misread due to condensation on the old meter (phew again !)

Classroom tidy and resources ready for tomorrow. Marking up to date. I seriously must keep this up as it takes so much pressure off.

Kids on great form :)

I'm off to bed - time to refocus on my health and wellbeing:)

Happy Tuesday to you:)

PP xx
  • pinkypig
    Evening :wave:

Those winds:eek: My drive home was a bit hair raising but those images on the news put it into perspective:(

In money news I've had a small spend day:p. My grand total was 97p and it included a pack of cooking bacon (when did that come down in price? Not bought any for ages - 57p:money:, 2 ys ciabatta, a farmhouse tin loaf and a pack of white choc pancakes that ds loves:):))

Other small steps to freedom and wellbeing included;

Drank enough water

Spin class done

Cheap, healthy eats (porridge for breakfast,_lo curry for lunch and batch cooked chilli from the freezer for dinner)

Lunches done for tomorrow

Muddy football kit in to soak :eek:

Cake made for charity event

Classroom tidy and resources ready for tomorrow. Marking up to date. Must polish my halo :rotfl:

In less good news new tenant has given back word :mad: Back to square one:(

Off to watch a bit of tv and then bed:)
    Happy Hump Day to you:):)

PP xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback